Chance Warmack to Seattle

pcbball12

Reaction score
Goodness gracious guys. This isn’t a Joekel or Webb signing. This is likely a vet minimum deal. Warmack is one of the best interior OL I have evaluated coming out of college in the last 10 years. The pedigree is there and he had a really solid start to his career. This is a ZERO risk, really high reward type of signing. If he can return to form (he is only 29 years old) he could give high quality starter ability, on a dirt cheap contract. If he doesn’t, well then he is cut with no consequences.

King Dog

Reaction score
pcbball12":2khyr78n said:
Goodness gracious guys. This isn’t a Joekel or Webb signing. This is likely a vet minimum deal. Warmack is one of the best interior OL I have evaluated coming out of college in the last 10 years. The pedigree is there and he had a really solid start to his career. This is a ZERO risk, really high reward type of signing. If he can return to form (he is only 29 years old) he could give high quality starter ability, on a dirt cheap contract. If he doesn’t, well then he is cut with no consequences.

That sounds good, but I like to go through other teams message boards to try and get a better understanding of the players most recent level of play...... IT'S NOT GREAT haha

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
pcbball12":xl3c3u6v said:
Well said. This move is even better when evaluated in conjunction with the other o-line signings and within the context of overall team building.

A couple of the previous moves this off-season raise the o-line floor. This one raises the ceiling. JS has elevated the floor and ceiling of the o-line, added depth and competition to the o-line group, and filled the holes prior to the draft to ensure that the Hawks can let the board come to them rather than being forced to react to one of the inevitable runs we will see on offensive linemen. Moreover, he did it all with cap friendly deals leaving the team with the flexibility to make other signings/trades.

samwize77

Reaction score
King Dog":3iy6igrp said:
pcbball12":3iy6igrp said:

That sounds good, but I like to go through other teams message boards to try and get a better understanding of the players most recent level of play...... IT'S NOT GREAT haha

Well...I have to assume most boards are like us. Just how great of talent evaluators do you think we are as a group?...…..Heck..we got guys that think RW isn't very good...….lol...so much for others boards if they are like us. :sarcasm_on:

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't know man. If someone is pretty good it's not hard to tell. If they're not that is pretty easy to identify as well

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well if nothing else the additions on the OLine are going to raise the competition level for every roster spot.

xray

Reaction score
Womack...since 2015 he has played 22 games of a possible 64. What is Schneider thinking here ? Maybe that Womack is well rested ?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Warmack is here on a ! yr. deal, so far $ wise that's all I know.

He's been somewhat injury prone and I'd expect he's looking a not much more than a vet min type deal.

In the limited amount he's played he's been not bad, so this could be a sneaky good add.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he has a lot to live up to, last Womack here was Porkchop, this guy better be Prime Rib.

ivotuk

Reaction score
chris98251":2vrhi8iz said:
Well he has a lot to live up to, last Womack here was Porkchop, this guy better be Prime Rib.

I remember PorkChop, he wasn't' a bad sort, just couldn't play very well. Powerful man, a "Road Grader" I believe is what they called him.

Oh, wait...Warmack... He should add "Daddy" on to the end of his name :vodka:

Dude's arms are almost 35" long!