Vegas: Hawks Lowest Playoff Team Chance To Make SB

hoxrox

Reaction score
Did you see our run defense toward the end of the season? Can't stop the run, can't win games even with a decent offense. Vegas seems pretty accurate to me.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Did you see our run defense toward the end of the season? Can't stop the run, can't win games even with a decent offense. Vegas seems pretty accurate to me.

We have this thing called the draft to fix that

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Well sure, that's if we return the exact same 53-man roster, then I see their point. However we all know that will not be the case.

These "way too early" odds are as worthless as a concrete parachute.

Jville

Reaction score
The current odds are a reflection of current rosters. Seattle's currently is devoid of any quarterbacks ...... as well as starters at other positions .... and burdened with key rehab assets.

Current odds probably are not going to get much better for those with surplus funds and devoid of any greater mission than to bet on upcoming moves by John and Pete.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Oh OK, my bad. So they were only 3.5 games off. Lol.
They made money, that's their goal with odds. They weren't saying that the Hawks would only win 5.5 games. They were saying that the betting public would bet equally on both sides of that win total. So when you say "they" are wrong, no they aren't because they made their money. The "they" that were wrong was the public that bet on the under. People need to stop getting so offended by Vegas numbers. Direct your offended feelings towards the public, those are who dictate the numbers. Odds makers don't give two flying craps about the teams.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I see no issue with this. Who should be have better odds than?
Until you see who they draft to fix the defense, specifically the run defense, I don't see how you could rate them higher than any of the playoff teams from last season.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
are we gonna have to spend another year of every other post being "WE ARE SO DISRESPECTED BY THE MEDIAS"? If it weren't for the Cardinals being a dumpster fire and the Rams getting injured we probably would have won 6 games last season. Even with the Rams losing most of their good players we still barely beat them. This team has a ways to go yet. And that's fine. We are still ahead of schedule IMHO. Another good offseason should go a long way, but we have a long way to go before we are back near the top.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meh, we wear our "Disrespected" badge with honor. Every fanbase does, unless you are one of the savory "chosen ones" the media loves to circle jerk over (Cowboys, cough, cough). As for the Rams being injured, or the Cardinals being, well, the Cardinals, that gets another "Meh" from me. Every team deals with injuries or mitigating circumstances that create the flow of any season.

I am pretty sure Tom Brady and the Patriots, nor the media, nor their fans, give a rip how they were able to exploit one of the weakest divisions in all of football through those years they won their championships.

You don't apologize for circumstances. You simply play the schedule given to you and if you get to stand at the top of the mountain at the end of the year, then it's equal parts talent, drive, determination, luck, and yes, circumstance that got you there.

No apologies.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I see no issue with this. Who should be have better odds than?
Until you see who they draft to fix the defense, specifically the run defense, I don't see how you could rate them higher than any of the playoff teams from last season.

I get your point, but to answer your question...

The Bucs. They went 8-9 and will not be returning their starting QB. I think we should have better odds considering we might be bringing back a pro bowl QB and have enviable draft captial.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sounds about right.

Other than maybe the Bucs if they don't find a good QB, the Hawks probably are the least talented playoff team from last year.

As of now. On February 21st. Before the draft. And free agency.

flv2

Reaction score
Sounds about right.

Other than maybe the Bucs if they don't find a good QB, the Hawks probably are the least talented playoff team from last year.

As of now. On February 21st. Before the draft. And free agency.
The Giants could be in that mix depending on their choices.

flv2

Reaction score
The Seahawks weren't expected to make the playoffs and when they did they were still around +7000 to win the Super Bowl.