Chances of going 8-0 at home again...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The thing about playing at home is that it is clear we get a definite advantage from it so we start to think we "need" it.

But I doubt we will win all the home games again because sometimes the ball just bounces the wrong way, sometimes an injury derails things (like the injury to Clemons killed us against the Falcons).

However if you look at the history of the playoffs the home team does not win every game. We seem to feel we have to have the home field to be in the winner's circle and I do not think that is true anymore.

Good teams can win on the road. Maybe not at the same clip, but they certainly can and have.

I think we have a good team, and I believe that as long as we can get into the playoffs (which is going to be rough with our schedule) we have a solid shot at making serious noise in the playoffs. Home or away.

Yes, winning every game at home should get us into the playoffs. So will winning the games we are supposed to win against lesser opponents when on the road. This team has a history of starting slow and waking up at the half. Maybe it is not so much waking up as the coaching staff making halftime adjustments. Regardless, if this team wants to win it all it will HAVE to show that it can produce from the first kickoff - even on the road and even with the suboptimal start times.

I have concerns that with the youth of our team, it might be related to the maturity and focus of the players. But I still feel that winning on the road is going to be key to this team's success...even more so than winning every game at home. (Unless we can get home field throughout the playoffs, which I doubt considering the other big bully in our division).

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":17xpt6z0 said:
I'd argue that what we saw in the postseason from the Colts was unlike anything they had shown all season, particularly when it came to their defense

Seriously, it's like we got the Bizarro world Indianapolis Colts that postseason.

Your stats show just how strange it was.

But wasn't it a blast to watch them dismantle the Pats Dynasty team!?! It was for me, anyway...

OP
OP
volsunghawk

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3sumxv1l said:
volsunghawk":3sumxv1l said:
I'd argue that what we saw in the postseason from the Colts was unlike anything they had shown all season, particularly when it came to their defense

Seriously, it's like we got the Bizarro world Indianapolis Colts that postseason.

Your stats show just how strange it was.

But wasn't it a blast to watch them dismantle the Pats Dynasty team!?! It was for me, anyway...

Most definitely. Since my wife is from Indiana, the Colts are my AFC team, and I've always respected Peyton Manning. The AFC Championship game that year was phenomenal.

themunn

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3urs23sn said:
themunn":3urs23sn said:
volsunghawk":3urs23sn said:
Of those 20 teams, all of them made the playoffs, but 9 of them lost their first game. 9 others made it to the conference championship. Only 5 actually made it to the SB, with 3 of them winning the championship (the '03 and '04 Pats and the '06 Colts).

And the 05 Hawks*

My guess is they're included in the 5 that "Only 5 actually made it to the SB".

Yes but they should have been included in the highlighted

Largent80

Reaction score
We will do it and I will be at game #1. I wanna see all my old buddies, so you had better get your smelly asses down to Temple EARLY.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I expect the Seahawks to be a 12 win team.

I have them achieving those 12 wins:

1) 8-0 at home, 4-4 on the road
2) 7-1 at home, 5-3 on the road
3) 6-2 at home, 6-2 on the road

Out of the 3 options, the 1st goal seams the most attainable, ain't nobody going to beat the Seahawks Defense + the 12th man, and Russell Wilson, I believe was the best QB at home not named Aaron Rodgers.

It would be awesome if the Seahawks go 8-0 at home, and go 5-3 on the road for a 13-3 record, nobody would talk sh!t about our road woes.

But I think our current team takes pride in playing or the 12th man, its going to be hard for any team to win here, no matter how great or bad that opponent is. Seahawks will be ready every sunday at Century Link. And i'm certain they looked at their road schedule and know how important it is to run the table again.

pnwhawk25

Reaction score
I see no reason we can't go 8-0 at home. That's not saying it won't be challenging. I predict a 12 win season.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I can surely see it. Health is everything though. I am actually liking the 2013 schedule. Yeah, there is some 10am games, but against teams that can be beat. There are 4 tough road games, but they only need to win one of those tough ones and a home sweep gets them to 13-3.

I think 12-4 is a pretty fair guess. Most of us had them at 10-6 last year and they topped that number. Outside of the Saints, the home schedule is very winnable.

Who knows? If this team can really put it together with Harvin and Clem really does make it back early, they could win 13 without going undefeated at home.

Would be so sweet to do it though. Has anyone done it before? Two full seasons undefeated at home? NE maybe? Dyna-Niners?