Chances of Re-PETE.

How realistic do you think the Hawks chances are of back-to-back Championships?

• I think it's a near certainty. We are the template the rest of the NFL is copying right now.

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • If we can get past the 49ers and NFC West again, it's ours.

Votes: 54 39.1%
  • I give it a 50/50 chance with injuries and all the other variables at play.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don't feel too good about it actually. It's SO rare to win back-to-back!

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • No way at all. I am a 49ers fan and I hate you all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I like all the people we are keeping at the moment and that helps with the answer. I still go 50/50 because of injuries and other unforeseen situations....like not enuff twelves at one game. Ya never know. Denver may have a backup quarterback that is fast. Ok...stop laughing....well...maybe.......

tom sawyer

Reaction score
We need to play better against the better teams and we will succeed!

JZ#1

Reaction score
I would say the chances are about 30.0 percent. Which is good compared to past superbowl winners but respects the idea that it is hard for any team to repeat. There are so many unknown variables and we have no idea how the season will turn out. A lot of you guys are forgetting how close the Seahawks got to losing homefield advantage and the division. One play in multiple games easily could of changed the difference. What if we lost to the Rams at home when they were at the goalline with a chance to win? What if Schaub didn't throw the pick 6? What if ET didn't strip Williams and they would of lost the opener to the Panthers? What if the Bucs beat us in OT? Those are four situations/plays alone that went our way and allowed us to lock up the division. Had one of those plays gone differently, very likely Seahawks would not be world champs.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Like...50/50 means that it would be insane NOT to place a bet in Vegas (assuming a person has disposable money available), where a futures bet would pay off at 6-to-1 if we ship the Lombardi again. No team is ever as high as 50/50 before the season starts, let alone even higher than that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
You know what the beautiful thing is?

Even if we don't repeat...we'll always have the one now. :D

That being said, I feel good about repeating. The most influential factors on that (outside Seattle doing their jobs well, of course) are the QB positions in Arizona and St. Louis.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
JZ#1":qxmr3qe2 said:
I would say the chances are about 30.0 percent. Which is good compared to past superbowl winners but respects the idea that it is hard for any team to repeat. There are so many unknown variables and we have no idea how the season will turn out. A lot of you guys are forgetting how close the Seahawks got to losing homefield advantage and the division. One play in multiple games easily could of changed the difference. What if we lost to the Rams at home when they were at the goalline with a chance to win? What if Schaub didn't throw the pick 6? What if ET didn't strip Williams and they would of lost the opener to the Panthers? What if the Bucs beat us in OT? Those are four situations/plays alone that went our way and allowed us to lock up the division. Had one of those plays gone differently, very likely Seahawks would not be world champs.

It could be worse though. What if the officials actually called the Bowman rule on the Crabtree fumble? The Niners don't even make the playoffs because AZ would have cleaned their clock at home easily if it meant making the playoffs. What if in the playoffs the officials actually called Boldin for tackling and suplexing Carolina DB's or called either of the head buts against the Niners like they did against Carolina? Again Carolina easily cleans their clock.

You can play the if game all you want but what if Boldin and Crabtree were injured in the NFCC game and Harvin and Rice were healthy? Eww, Scarey thought huh. Yeah 42-13 would have looked like a close game because we would have had our practice squad guys asking to hand a 50 burger on the Niners ass.

What if the Niners could actually keep their players out of the the penitentiary?

Look boy, all you've done is show the Seahawks are winners. Even when the league stacks the schedule to a much more difficult level then the Niners we still had a full two game cushion at the end of the season and if not for a blatently bad call (now known as the Bowman rule) against the Seahawks the division would have been locked up before the AZ or St Louis game and we would have ended the season at minimum a full three games ahead of the San Fran/Santa Clar/ screw it, San Quenton 49ers.

Gee ya really fooled us this time.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RichNhansom":248ftsof said:
JZ#1":248ftsof said:

It could be worse though. What if the officials actually called the Bowman rule on the Crabtree fumble? The Niners don't even make the playoffs because AZ would have cleaned their clock at home easily if it meant making the playoffs. What if in the playoffs the officials actually called Boldin for tackling and suplexing Carolina DB's or called either of the head buts against the Niners like they did against Carolina? Again Carolina easily cleans their clock.

You can play the if game all you want but what if Boldin and Crabtree were injured in the NFCC game and Harvin and Rice were healthy? Eww, Scarey thought huh. Yeah 42-13 would have looked like a close game because we would have had our practice squad guys asking to hand a 50 burger on the Niners ass.

What if the Niners could actually keep their players out of the the penitentiary?

Look boy, all you've done is show the Seahawks are winners. Even when the league stacks the schedule to a much more difficult level then the Niners we still had a full two game cushion at the end of the season and if not for a blatently bad call (now known as the Bowman rule) against the Seahawks the division would have been locked up before the AZ or St Louis game and we would have ended the season at minimum a full three games ahead of the San Fran/Santa Clar/ screw it, San Quenton 49ers.

Uh.. literally nothing he said was wrong.

The Seahawks created a lot of those breaks, but that just goes to show you that you have to have the ball bounce your way more often than not to win a Super Bowl. Every Super Bowl champion has breaks along the way.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":22y4wodf said:
RichNhansom":22y4wodf said:
JZ#1":22y4wodf said:

Uh.. literally nothing he said was wrong.

The Seahawks created a lot of those breaks, but that just goes to show you that you have to have the ball bounce your way more often than not to win a Super Bowl. Every Super Bowl champion has breaks along the way.

Really? Is this the first post of his you have read? Red Riding hood could tell you a few things about him, Sorry I understand pessimistic or even sarcasm but every single one of his post tries to remind us of how lucky we are. Ever heard that before? Let him run and he will be telling us how we are not above reproach. Don't need it, can't work with it and can't win with it.

Have fun with the trolls, if not they will have fun with you.

two dog

Reaction score
This has been so long in coming it's difficult to dream about back to back.

1976-fan. 1980-first season tickets. The Behring/Flores years. 2005-Stealergate. Mora chuckin' players under the bus.
Then a ray of light, followed by brilliant sunrise, then celestial Hawk clouds. Just sayin', thats hard to top.....
but a double would do it.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3lb0xpzp said:
Bigpumpkin":3lb0xpzp said:
Winning the NFC West will be even more difficult. We win that and it's........downhill!

I'm not so sure. The Cardinals defense has taken a hit losing Dansby, and they have nobody else at LB. The Niners are a cluster right now. The Rams I can see improving, but not enough to knock us off IMO.
This

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I don't see any real drop-offs in players that we have on our team, and in fact, for the most part, I can see the nucleus of this team getting even better numbers with continuity and all.
The players believe it, and have bought in, so who am I to argue with those guys :thirishdrinkers: