Chris Clemons released

12thMan1

Reaction score
I will always remember and cherish the performance that he and Bruce Irvin had against the Packers in the fail mary game!

Jville

Reaction score
I'll certainly miss Clemons. He was a warrior that brought it on every play. Great energy and commitment.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
acbass":lrd54go1 said:
Yeah, this one definitely stings the most. I was hoping we could keep him for one more year. I hope they bring in a suitable replacement. Damn... Clem's gone. That's like the death of an institution here.

Thats a tad bit of an overreaction. He was here for 4 years, and only had 4.5 sacks last year. :34853_doh:

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Damn this one hurts, I was hoping we would keep him, one of my favorite players! My favorite Clemons play is when we played the Eagles a few years ago and Clemons got the sack right in front of the Eagles bench and immediately turns around and gets in Andy Reids face.

Jville

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":12fj2i1i said:
acbass":12fj2i1i said:
Yeah, this one definitely stings the most. I was hoping we could keep him for one more year. I hope they bring in a suitable replacement. Damn... Clem's gone. That's like the death of an institution here.

Thats a tad bit of an overreaction. He was here for 4 years, and only had 4.5 sacks last year. :34853_doh:
Curious accent.

bigcc

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":27l72zcu said:
Largent80":27l72zcu said:
Wow, Jared Allen must be coming here is my first thought.

We had a hair north of 3 million dollars in cap space after the Bennett and McCoy extensions, I don't think this indicates anything on Allen.. more or less this cut came because Bennett was retained.

Zach Miller watch is next

A hair north of 3 mil..... lmao get real dude, you'd rather throw in an unknown as a FULL-TIME starter?

Ridiculous.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bigcc":1gfsdqyi said:
Hasselbeck":1gfsdqyi said:
Largent80":1gfsdqyi said:
Wow, Jared Allen must be coming here is my first thought.

We had a hair north of 3 million dollars in cap space after the Bennett and McCoy extensions, I don't think this indicates anything on Allen.. more or less this cut came because Bennett was retained.

Zach Miller watch is next

A hair north of 3 mil..... lmao get real dude, you'd rather throw in an unknown as a FULL-TIME starter?

Ridiculous.

1) An NFL Network analyst tweeted out the wrong cap number yesterday, which threw me off.. then I previously corrected if you read my post .. 2 posts after

2) Where did I say "I hope we throw in an unknown as a full-time starter!" ...?

We have 20M in space. Enough to add a player or 2 and extend a Tate/Thomas/Sherman etc. And if you don't think there is a real possibility of Zach Miller being released in the next few days, you simply haven't been paying attention lately.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Do any of our guys ever agree to renegotiate? Seems like it never happens and they get cut instead.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Seaswab":157x7fm0 said:
Do any of our guys ever agree to renegotiate? Seems like it never happens and they get cut instead.

Is there information he was given the option to negotiate?

rcaido

Reaction score
Will Bruce Irvin take Clemons spot? I wish there was a way to keep Clemons one more year to prove if it was the injury or just declining. Wish him the best!

Jville

Reaction score
I'm thinking Bradley already has an airline ticket reserved for Chris.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":13njk8pn said:
Seaswab":13njk8pn said:

Is there information he was given the option to negotiate?

Nope, but even if he was, what sense does it make for a player to agree to take less? If he feels that he's worth more than what the team who is asking him to take a cut is offering, it actually benefits him to be released so he can test the market. If the market will pay Clemons more than what Seattle wanted to pay him (if this scenario happened), that's a win for him. If the market won't pay it, he has a better understanding of his value and can approach the team about re-signing on a lower deal. It's business.

EDIT: For clarification's sake, this is a response mainly to Seaswab through Abs' post.

nwgamer

Reaction score
rcaido":2qbbiy26 said:
Will Bruce Irvin take Clemons spot? I wish there was a way to keep Clemons one more year to prove if it was the injury or just declining. Wish him the best!

Doubtful. Quinn said he likes Bruce at LB and intends to keep him there.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
oasis":2h6twfwt said:
Pleasedon'tcutZachMillerPleasedon'tcutZachMillerPleasedon'tcutZachMiller

:13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The question is do we have a LEO on staff capable of filling his shoes? We brought in Irvin as his future replacement and that hasn't worked out so well yet. Mayowa showed some spark last year and was being mentored by Clemons. But realistically his replacement is not on staff at the moment. Gotta trust the FO!

Latest posts