Chris Collinsworth

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My god the sensitivity level of some 12's when it comes to national broadcasters is pretty damn funny I have to admit.

CC has historically GUSHED about Russell Wilson in the same way some say he was gushing about Mahomes last Sunday. It's hard to find a national color announcer gush more about the Seahawks and Wilson than CC since 2012.

Aikman, fine...I get it...He's a Cowboy homer obviously but even he has said many positive things about the Seahawks, Pete Carroll, Russ, etc over the years.

I admit, I am not immune to getting my panties in a bunch over some pretty innocuous things over the years but this constant need to find fault in the broadcast booth not named Raible is just bizarre to me.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":2s4zw27f said:
My god the sensitivity level of some 12's when it comes to national broadcasters is pretty damn funny I have to admit.

CC has historically GUSHED about Russell Wilson in the same way some say he was gushing about Mahomes last Sunday. It's hard to find a national color announcer gush more about the Seahawks and Wilson than CC since 2012.

Aikman, fine...I get it...He's a Cowboy homer obviously but even he has said many positive things about the Seahawks, Pete Carroll, Russ, etc over the years.

I admit, I am not immune to getting my panties in a bunch over some pretty innocuous things over the years but this constant need to find fault in the broadcast booth not named Raible is just bizarre to me.

Geez Aros no love for Pete Gross, shamefull. :p

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Watched the replay on NFL network last night. I couldn't listen to the commentary live when I was watching so listened closely with this thread in mind. I honestly didn't hear any favoritism towards Mahomes or the Chiefs. Baldwin, Lockett, Wilson, Carson, Wagner etc were all getting high praise.
When Wilson threw the TD pass to Dickson Collinsworth made a point of saying he equalled Mahomes's similar throw earlier. And they were loving Dickson coming out for the drop kick.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Aros":1ip2u0fw said:

Collinsworth was also full on in the tank for Lynch, and he loves Doug Baldwin.

I think the dude just loves all great football players when he watches them. He seems to really like his job, genuinely. He was giggling like a little kid when Lynch had Beastmode 2.0 against the Cardinals during the 2014 season.

I think his personality is a little douchy (even more so when he was on Inside the NFL), but he's clearly one of the best in the business. I get not liking his voice or his delivery (although really, not a big deal either) but people who think he's somehow being anti-Seahawks in his praise and enjoyment are perceiving something that isn't there.

olyfan63

Reaction score
CC is a color guy and he adds some spice and interest to the game. I felt he was quite fair.
His voice... well, at least you know for sure it's him talking.

Aikman... can't get out of his own way, and just not that much interesting to say
Romo... A former Cowboy who often has interesting things to say, I don't mind him.

Latest posts