Chris Harper CUT!!

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Wow again! Thought he was a lock to make it after his tweet yesterday. Glad he didn't.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not surprised, though the M-Rob cut and his optimistic tweet yesterday made it seem like he made it.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":9gqlz6ty said:
What a major whiff.

:roll: You draft a rookie WR and expect him to produce at a high level right away in one offseason?

drrew

Reaction score
Highest drafted player this season in the entire league to be cut, would not be at all surprised to see him claimed.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
if a rookie 4th was a whiff, how about cutting a 2nd year 4th in Howard, and a 5th in Winston Guy. Both had a whole yer head start and Harper has only been a WR for a few years. I hope he can stick on the PS I still think he can be successful in this league.

MrCarey

Reaction score
That guy has dropped more balls than AJ Jenkins ever had thrown his way.

chris98251

Reaction score
Harper and Kearse are close to the same size, with his drops I can see teams looking but not buying if there are more dependable receivers, Walters looked very good and I could see teams grabbing him before Harper at this point. Only other thought would be a team liking his size like us and trying to PS stash him.

drrew

Reaction score
chris98251":365re684 said:
Harper and Kearse are close to the same size, with his drops I can see teams looking but not buying if there are more dependable receivers, Walters looked very good and I could see teams grabbing him before Harper at this point. Only other thought would be a team liking his size like us and trying to PS stash him.

Chris Harper has 25lbs on Kearse, they are in no way close to the same size. He has an NFL future and is infinitely more valuable than Walters at this point in their respective careers.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Hope he makes it to the PS. Kearse has really been an amazing story.

kearly

Reaction score
The two guys I thought might make it that I hoped wouldn't were Harper and Lotulelei. Both were guys that could be future pro-bowlers in theory but simply lack the natural "football gene" for lack of a better way of saying it. Sounds like Lotulelei is going to make it, and Brooks/Howard did not. That might look bad a year from now when we can't afford to keep Bennett coming off a 10 sack season. I would much rather chance Lotulelei to waivers than Howard or Brooks as thumping LBs are a lot easier to find than interior pass rushers.

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":3mhff8jy said:
The two guys I thought might make it that I hoped wouldn't were Harper and Lotulelei. Both were guys that could be future pro-bowlers in theory but simply lack the natural "football gene" for lack of a better way of saying it. Sounds like Lotulelei is going to make it, and Brooks/Howard did not. That might look bad a year from now when we can't afford to keep Bennett coming off a 10 sack season. I would much rather chance Lotulelei to waivers than Howard or Brooks as thumping LBs are a lot easier to find than interior pass rushers.

I agree . . . Lotulelie surprises me. Especially at the expense of someone like Brooks or Howard who both seem like real scheme fits.