Christine Michael released, claimed by Packers

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Michael's didn't seem like the kind of guy that liked having others ahead of him on the depth chart. Obviously when the name in front of you is Lynch you get over it, but he was probably hoping to usurp Rawls as the starter, especially since he got hurt near the tail end of last year and beginning this year. Prosise having the game he did and the overall potential, there was no way Michael's could compete and with the return of Rawls in the line up he probably wasn't too happy and his attitude got the best of him.

Also it doesn't help if you need to constantly ask after the huddle what play you're running or what you assignment is. His those invisible players on the field that tackled him often helped with his demise and I personally hated how early he let the ball go after being tackled and was just waiting for him to do it before the whistle would blow.

HawkGA

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2610jaqp said:
Just a thought-maybe they released cmike because they thought he might have the best chance of clearing waivers.

I don't think he goes through waivers at this point, does he? I think he is straight up cut.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
HawkGA":3iioeh7x said:
johnnyfever":3iioeh7x said:
Just a thought-maybe they released cmike because they thought he might have the best chance of clearing waivers.

I don't think he goes through waivers at this point, does he? I think he is straight up cut.

I would be very surprised if he found himself in a Seahawks uniform again. Teams like the Packers or Vikings could possibly pick him up, but the Seahawks have kicked the tires twice on him and I simply think they're just done with him now.

Polaris

Reaction score
HawkGA":27v0d38e said:
johnnyfever":27v0d38e said:

That's my take. C-Mike knew this was his very last chance with Seattle. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

RW92

Reaction score
I just can't see how keeping Collins was the better move. Collins is not a great football player. In fact he brings much less to the table than CMike does. This move kind of takes the "starch" out of Sunday Nights win.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Welp....guess that's that.

From a roster standpoint we're really banking on the health of a couple of players that haven't been able to stay healthy. For Rawls it's been 3 years now. Prosise has missed quite a bit of time the last two years he's played as well. As much as I liked Prosise coming out of the draft, that's still a lingering thought, but hopefully we don't find ourselves relying on Pope and Collins and whoever we sign off the street soon.

As for Michael himself, it looked like he turned things around there for a while, but I do agree that his attitude had changed over the last few weeks. My guess is that he sulks when competition is put in front of him, ie Prosise becoming part of the game plan. He had to know that Prosise was Pete's guy and he was going to have to share. It could also be that got comfortable or a little high on his horse again and the aspect of work just faded. Sometimes dudes are like that. At any rate, he fell off.

What I don't agree with is the transparency of posts about Michael in the huddle. When you state that's a problem and fail to see that Prosise does the exact same thing when it gets loud, you just look plain stupid....or transparent. With RW continuing to progress and making more and more adjustments at the LOS, you can expect to see that, just as you've seen Prosise do it, if you care to tell the truth. When it gets loud and the QB makes a change at the line, he's yelling at the exact opposite direction from the RB. lol

At any rate, Prosise's health going forward is imperative. I was a proponent of keeping Pope over Collins at the time, but the reality is that we don't want to have to rely on either of them at this point in the season. There's too much at stake. Rawls is the wildcard here. Does he look like the crap he looked like at the beginning of this season with another injury on top of his last one, or does he somehow show up more like the year before? Hopefully the latter....

Polaris

Reaction score
Rawls has only been in the league for two years. He got hurt during during the final stretch run last year (during the Minny game). He was an undrafted rookie last year.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
RW92":39o8o7jt said:
I just can't see how keeping Collins was the better move. Collins is not a great football player. In fact he brings much less to the table than CMike does. This move kind of takes the "starch" out of Sunday Nights win.
It appeared to me that Collins was the JS pick and Prosise was the PC pick. There must be some lingering thought that someone is going to snatch up what no one wants, but from a roster perspective, if you believe you can get something out of Collins down the road, you might make that move in favor of a guy you're not going to sign next year.

We're REALLY banking on the health of two guys who haven't stayed healthy though. Rawls hasn't played more than half a season the last 3 years and Prosise hasn't been available at the beginning of each of the last two years for his respective teams.

Hopefully they're right and they stay healthy.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Polaris":pspiiz2m said:
Rawls has only been in the league for two years. He got hurt during during the final stretch run last year (during the Minny game). He was an undrafted rookie last year.
Talking about college as well. College is a lesser game than the NFL so you have to include it.

Polaris

Reaction score
Sure we are counting on them staying healthy, but that really applies to everyone. The way I see it, Collins is a rookie and there is still a good potential upside. By contrast we know what C-Mike is going to give us. After this last Sunday, there is no way that Prosise was on the chopping block....

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Polaris":2ho6sfg9 said:
Sure we are counting on them staying healthy, but that really applies to everyone. The way I see it, Collins is a rookie and there is still a good potential upside. By contrast we know what C-Mike is going to give us. After this last Sunday, there is no way that Prosise was on the chopping block....
Not suggesting that. I had Prosise as my #3 back in the draft. I still think the entirety of Collins' upside is not doing anything wrong, but whatever. He's not taking any meaningful snaps so long Prosise and Rawls stay healthy, which is why it's imperative.

daveman918

Reaction score
I suspect that CM is just too much work to bring along in regards to understanding the offense and in trusting the plays. Just consider the language that DB used lately about Procise and his ability to navigate "dark creases". Raw talent alone doesn't cut it in the NFL. CM is mostly raw talent.

McGruff

Reaction score
Polaris":3de4a176 said:

IIRC Rawls had an injury history in college.

JMO based on the eye test by I think Michael was cut because he regressed mentally on the field. He wasn't decisive or often even correct in his reads and cuts. Collins will be assignment correct, and inn a ZBS that is 70% of the battle right there.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Yeah I think he was banged up at Michigan when the whole purse snatching fiasco went down and he got kicked out. Then missed the last 4 games at Central his senior year.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Michael is like that high maintenance girlfriend that ends up being not worth it. Not only that, but after dating a while you find out she's just not very good.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Smellyman":1zlzr4d3 said:
Michael is like that high maintenance girlfriend that ends up being not worth it. Not only that, but after dating a while you find out she's just not very good.

And talking crap about you behind your back.

chris98251

Reaction score
Michael aversion to contact and going for the extra yards versus Prosise laying the wood on a defender, Rawls a known commodity, Pope quick and also willing to stick his head into a tackle, Collins willing to take hits, see where I am going here, you have to be a physical presence. Throw in the Pouting, the inability to pick up the offense and nuances after a full season back basically and been here before, the phantom Hamstring injury, yeah I don't think he was hurt I think he was demoted. He finally tripped himself up enough to fall over the edge of the roster.

I knew he was just a safety valve, really wanted Pope in the first place over Collins and or Michael, I appreciate his contributions and him holding down the fort, but I do not want to count on him.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
chris98251":2zxgezxa said:
Michael aversion to contact and going for the extra yards versus Prosise laying the wood on a defender, Rawls a known commodity, Pope quick and also willing to stick his head into a tackle, Collins willing to take hits, see where I am going here, you have to be a physical presence. Throw in the Pouting, the inability to pick up the offense and nuances after a full season back basically and been here before, the phantom Hamstring injury, yeah I don't think he was hurt I think he was demoted. He finally tripped himself up enough to fall over the edge of the roster.

I knew he was just a safety valve, really wanted Pope in the first place over Collins and or Michael, I appreciate his contributions and him holding down the fort, but I do not want to count on him.

I can't get over the Saints game where he could've broken off a 30+ run. The Oline did its job and just one burst and he's off and no one would've caught him but he fell over himself and only picked up nine.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
McGruff":3iwouugp said:
I have suspected that the bulk of the scheme issues in the running game were not related to the OL missing blocks, but Michael making incorrect reads. Watching Procise run confirmed that.

The only thing I'm surprised by is the timing of this move. I'm not surprised at all that Michael was cut. Especially after Sunday's game, it appeared abundantly clear to me that your take here McGruff was undoubtedly spot on. C.J. Prosise absolutely confirmed that for me, as he was decisive in hitting the hole and gaining yardage. I said it heading in to the Patriots game that in my mind, if the Seahawks were to have any chance to winning ... they needed to establish the run and to demonstrate that it was actually a threat in the minds of the defense. And dog gone if Prosise didn't do exactly that. For the first time all season, we actually had a functional running game.

And what really demonstrated to me that all the woes related to the running game WEREN'T fully upon the Offensive Line ... was Christine Michael. There was one particular series that confirmed that for me. I'm not entirely sure exactly when, but I believe it was in the 2nd Quarter. Prosise had just ripped off a 7 yard run IIRC ... and the next thing you know, Michael is back in the game on the next down. All of a sudden, the run game reverted back to its old inept form, as Michael promptly had a couple of runs in which he gained minimal yardage. He looked downright indecisive ... and now that Rawls has been deemed healthy, I'd say that the coaching staff obviously agreed and jettisoned him. Hopefully moving forward, the run game will start to become a legitimate threat once again. In particular, you know that would sure make Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson really happy.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Heyseed":169qzvku said:
Goodbye Christine , I dropped you last week on my fantasy team too, sorry
I never touched him. Picked up Procise in PPR leagues. He's been looking great in that aspect and as a RB/Check down, way more valuable for the team IMO. NE had no answer for him at all. I loved it!!! :irishdrinkers: