Christine Michael released, claimed by Packers

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Polaris":29d3t9ei said:
I am surprised but not totally shocked. I think we can infer two things:

1) The Seahawks are extremely confident that Rawls is not only fully healthy but ready and able to take the load.

2) I think the Seahawks are very happy with Procise (sp?) and unhappy with Christian Michael for the former's willingness to man up and get those extra yards (while keeping possession of the ball). I think Michael has been playing himself out of a job here for the past few weeks by not getting right and not getting that extra push. One play in particular (and I think everyone knows which one vs Atlanta) sticks out in my mind.

In short I think that this last Sunday, Michael got played out of a job.

I think he did that same play twice...once in atlanta and once on Sunday night.

RCATES

Reaction score
RCATES":2s65wocl said:
I think the opposite is going to happen. I see C-Mike getting cut this week. Rawls is back this week and C-Mike's limited carries the last 2 games and the writing is on the wall. They will keep the rookie's who they have locked up for years and drop C-Mike. Its just not working out.

I called it yesterday. You could just see it in the last 2 games as well as Pete's responses when speaking about CMIKE.

Polaris

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1xcthsgl said:
The Packers have to pick him up, right?

If they don't (as desperate as the Packers are), the C-Mike is likely done in the NFL IMHO.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The big surprise to me is if they let CMike go to keep AC. CM is our leading rusher this season by far.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) Surprised we couldn't get a 7th rounder

2) Do we want to keep games close so Michael not fumbling but Collins fumbling is what made us cut Michael so we can ensure games are close in the 4th quarter?...............

Surprised

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
File this under More To The Story.

There's got to be behind-the-scenes stuff at play here. Especially to keep Collins over Michael who has played admirably and much improved for us this season...

Didn't see that one coming. Thanks for the effort Christine. Good luck!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3rj7aph5 said:
The big surprise to me is if they let CMike go to keep AC. CM is our leading rusher this season by far.

But he hasn't done anything at all the last two weeks except run straight into the line while falling down.

All the talent in the world, but something just isnt there for him.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":yhgn4vf2 said:
So where does he land?

Minnesota?
Green Bay?
?

I am surprised that either one of these two teams wouldn't offer something up before we cut him.........

They can both still salvage the season with playoff

McGruff

Reaction score
mikeak":1xaxmx8c said:
1) Surprised we couldn't get a 7th rounder

2) Do we want to keep games close so Michael not fumbling but Collins fumbling is what made us cut Michael so we can ensure games are close in the 4th quarter?...............

Surprised

Trade deadline is long passed.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one not surprised by this? I appreciate Michael for his time here, but what I saw from Prosise made me not want to see Michael on the field Sunday. Michael would be much better suited to play somewhere the Oline can open holes and get more push than we can here. He's just doesn't seem to be able to get over the hump when it comes to Yards after Contact.

Would he have been a better option than a guy like Collins as a third stringer? Possibly, but do we really want to go that deep? If it comes to that I would almost like to see Pope brought up and see what he's got at this juncture. Either way, I don't want this to sound like a bashing post, because it's not, I trully appreciate the effort and work he obviously put forth here since his return, and I only wish him the best of luck moving forward.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3ov93iop said:
LeftHandSmoke":3ov93iop said:

But he hasn't done anything at all the last two weeks except run straight into the line while falling down.

All the talent in the world, but something just isnt there for him.
That false start penalty at the 5 yd line in New Orleans may have been the last straw, it probably cost us the game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm surprised.

My assumption is that it's a character thing that isn't meshing with the team. Perhaps he hasn't responded the way they would like during their struggles to run lately, which I don't put on C-mike at all, but if he hasn't handled it well - that makes the most sense as to why they'd let him go.

As far as Alex Collins goes, he was a projected 3rd round pick in many circles whom we got in the 5th. My suspicion is that the FO knows other teams may covet him and they don't think they can get him through waivers. I'd hate to assume too much about him based on his limited time this year. The guy just turned 22 years old in august and played with a crowded backfield in the pre-season. Nothing about the way he's been used from camp until now suggests they were prepared to give him a ton of action. This was a team anticipating having Rawls as their starter and Michael as the backup, with Prosise on 3rd down and Collins way down the line.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Minnesota has capable backs, they just don't have an OL to block for them. I don't think Michael helps them.

Green Bay makes the most sense to me, but their front office is notoriously stubborn about acquiring free agents, even when it costs them nothing.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/798660903151501312[/tweet]

Polaris

Reaction score
mikeak":2w6fnmt2 said:
Hawk_Nation":2w6fnmt2 said:
So where does he land?

Minnesota?
Green Bay?
?

I am surprised that either one of these two teams wouldn't offer something up before we cut him.........

They can both still salvage the season with playoff

They can't. We are past the trade deadline.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
There was a clip ( I'm not tech savvy enough or willing to put forth the effort) where Seattle was driving to take the lead again, maybe mid 3rd quarter?, where the camera panned to Michael on the sidelines talking to either Rawls or some other players out of uniform where he just looked dumbfounded and shocked and shrugged his shoulders. I remember thinking he's done but I'm not that smart...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
would not be surprised to see Michael land in Arizona based on how Chris Johnson is looking on that designated to return IR list.

Latest posts