Christine Michael released, claimed by Packers

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Can't play RB the way he does in the NFL. Especially when every yard is crucial.

Leaving your feet early and not having game awareness are what caused this.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Guess I was wrong by a week.

You could see it coming, they hardly played him.

I kind of feel bad for him, on one hand he tried to do what the Seahawks wanted him to do.. and he did, but by doing so I think it took away what he does best and I think that's basically free lancing.

Yet he had a run in the Patriots game that I thought was his best run ever.. just bulldozed for about 6 or 7 tough yards.. of course he also tackled himself on one play :(

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
No surprise on the cmike release, thanks for helping us get through a tough stretch.

My surprise is at all the Collins hate. I have a sneaky suspicion if we just give him a year to work a program here, and bring him along slowly like PC and Sherman are doing, we will have built a back in the mold we need. Give the kid some time, it's not like rbs come in and dominate their 1st year all the time.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Aros":3q2hmkzv said:
File this under More To The Story.

There's got to be behind-the-scenes stuff at play here. Especially to keep Collins over Michael who has played admirably and much improved for us this season...

Didn't see that one coming. Thanks for the effort Christine. Good luck!

My thoughts exactly. CM has always struck me as a whiny little me first. His demeanor on the side line during one of his few zoom ins Sunday confirmed that, and i would personally guarantee Pete was rubbed the wrong way by his character after this win.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The problem with Michael is that even if we had the greatest blocking in the league, he still can't outrun grass. It's one of
the strangest things I've ever seen from a running back. Open field knocks him on his arse every time.

Basis4day

Reaction score
RW92":2ftvwwqc said:
I just can't see how keeping Collins was the better move. Collins is not a great football player. In fact he brings much less to the table than CMike does. This move kind of takes the "starch" out of Sunday Nights win.

4 years of club control vs 1.

I don't understand burying a player his rookie year. Does development not exist anymore?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2w93k0lg said:
The problem with Michael is that even if we had the greatest blocking in the league, he still can't outrun grass. It's one of
the strangest things I've ever seen from a running back. Open field knocks him on his arse every time.
Robert Turbin II.

DirtyDave

Reaction score
Why should anyone be surprised by this? The writing has been on the wall for weeks. Not a surprise at all to me.

MrThortan

Reaction score
The Michael release took me by surprise, well, because it is a big move. I hope Rawls can return to form and stay healthy. Prosise.... he looks like a versatile weapon that can be really dynamic for this team. Pope looked like a stud this preseason and I am really happy he is on the roster. Collins is the head scratcher. I know it doesn't always translate, but I watched some of his college film today and he looked like a mauler. That is a lot of young talent at running back on this team. I just don't see the Seahawks being in the position to grab a star like Ezekiel Elliot... but that doesn't mean that one or two of these young back won't turn out to be stars.

HawkerD

Reaction score
RCATES":2hepfa44 said:
RCATES":2hepfa44 said:
I think the opposite is going to happen. I see C-Mike getting cut this week. Rawls is back this week and C-Mike's limited carries the last 2 games and the writing is on the wall. They will keep the rookie's who they have locked up for years and drop C-Mike. Its just not working out.

I called it yesterday. You could just see it in the last 2 games as well as Pete's responses when speaking about CMIKE.

You nailed it. Good call.

Seafan

Reaction score
He's not a great fit for the Hawk running system. He has talent, he's been an efficient runner this year. His body language looked to be a problem as he'd get upset with OL. It seems his problems are his lack of great balance and not picking the correct hole. He was getting the other stuff, he was decent at pass blocking but he just doesn't have it between the ears and the team rode him as long as they could and needed. He could be a 1000 yard rusher behind a decent power blocking OL. I was thinking teams like Green Bay might be interested.

With a healthy Rawls, Prosise, Pope and AC there really is no need to keep him around. Good luck to CM.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Color me unsurprised by this. CMike has been regressing the past few weeks and there were hints that he was getting back into Pete's dog house. Despite teasing us with occasional flashes of his potential he's been largely a replacement level back since coming into the league. Some team will give him a shot but it will most likely be his last one if he doesn't produce.

Rob12

Reaction score
Really sucks for Michael. These coaches had three seasons to assess him and they have now jettisoned him twice. As much as it sucks, there's a reason. I think Baldwin's remark about how Prosise sought contact was telling.

Michael just doesn't fit here. It's painfully obvious at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nash72

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3ome7h38 said:
Heyseed":3ome7h38 said:
NE had no answer for him at all. I loved it!!! :irishdrinkers:

While Prosise played well, he still only had 66 yrds on 17 carries. That's less than 4 yrds a carry. He never broke one off or dominated, but he did keep them honest. Saying NE had no answer for him is a stretch.

My biggest concern is I definitely don't feel Prosise is the answer to an every down back and I don't feel Rawls can stay healthy. If he gets hurt again next season, he's probably done. We have quantity over quality at this point and we still have work to do. They'll be drafting more RB's in the near future.

Rob12

Reaction score
nash72":1lghcmue said:
Seahwkgal":1lghcmue said:
Heyseed":1lghcmue said:
NE had no answer for him at all. I loved it!!! :irishdrinkers:

While Prosise played well, he still only had 66 yrds on 17 carries. That's less than 4 yrds a carry. He never broke one off or dominated, but he did keep them honest. Saying NE had no answer for him is a stretch.

My biggest concern is I definitely don't feel Prosise is the answer to an every down back and I don't feel Rawls can stay healthy. If he gets hurt again next season, he's probably done. We have quantity over quality at this point and we still have work to do. They'll be drafting more RB's in the near future.

How'd he do catching the football? Didn't he amass over 150+ total yards?

getnasty

Reaction score
I think people need to realize that Alex Collins is in a class of his own as far as our RB's go. He is meant to be a short yardage bruiser, so keeping C Mike or Pope over him doesn't make sense because there not that kind of back. I'm not a fan of Collins and would probably actually prefer C Mike in short yardage then Collins but I think the front office believes in his ability and is gonna stay patient with him for now.

getnasty

Reaction score
Also I really feel for Christine Michael and I don't blame him for any of the running game stuggles. I have a feeling you'll see our run game struggle against good defense the rest of the year or at least until the threat of Russell running is back. Hopefully Michael can find a job somewhere else.

Latest posts