Christine Michael!

Ambrose83

Reaction score
dude looked good to me, IMO hes dialed in now, being cut 3 times woke him up.. if he can get his head right with the talent we will have 3 top RB on our team plus RW next year.. good luck stopping that.

garydrake425

Reaction score
Good make up game from last week. Keep it up big fella. I think he'd be faster if he would leave his gold chain at home. Or maybe he uses the extra weight for more momentum. ;)

HawkGA

Reaction score
I completely agree with the haters. If he willfully ignore the good things Michael did, he sucked. Big time.

Where's that darn sarcasm emoticon????

I didn't get to watch the game but I did see highlights specifically of Michael on NFL.com. There was more than just one highlight. That's all I'm saying.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
austinslater25":3ae69yw5 said:
I don't see the self-induced negative plays either so somewhat surprised you guys saw it that way, maybe I'm wrong and just missed it but he seemed to maximize yardage on most runs. Our line just isn't very good and a few carries for a loss would of been a loss with Rawls, Peterson or whoever.

There were very few, if any self-induced negative plays.

Michael is going to have to win some hearts here, and that's fair. But today, he looked good. Hopefully he builds off of it.

HawkGA

Reaction score
garydrake425":205uu8uk said:
Good make up game from last week. Keep it up big fella. I think he'd be faster if he would leave his gold chain at home. Or maybe he uses the extra weight for more momentum. ;)

Mr T pities the fool who picks on CMike's gold chain.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Not only did he play well, he played smart. I loved his coverage of the ball at the end of his long run. Just good awareness of the situation. Learn from that, Patterson...

Throwdown

Reaction score
garydrake425":1lb5h5tu said:

It's the power source for his super powers

sutz

Reaction score
Rob12":3dm1yx3w said:
LOL, Okie. Who here is touting him as the second coming of anything? You're exaggerating to make a point that's not there. Find me some quotes in this thread, because all I see is people saying he had a good game and I believe he has the tools to be a good back in this league if he keeps his head on straight.
Maybe he's thinking of me. I had the temerity to suggest he's earned an invite to camp next season. IIRC, I specifically said not a long term deal yet, just a come on in and earn a roster spot invite. I'll stand by that. Thing is, a good playoff run could spark some league wide interest in him. We'll see.

:229031_shrug:

Seafan

Reaction score
Let me go out on the limb and say he had a great game. I specially loved his stiff arms.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
sutz":2u273rz6 said:
Rob12":2u273rz6 said:
LOL, Okie. Who here is touting him as the second coming of anything? You're exaggerating to make a point that's not there. Find me some quotes in this thread, because all I see is people saying he had a good game and I believe he has the tools to be a good back in this league if he keeps his head on straight.
Maybe he's thinking of me. I had the temerity to suggest he's earned an invite to camp next season. IIRC, I specifically said not a long term deal yet, just a come on in and earn a roster spot invite. I'll stand by that. Thing is, a good playoff run could spark some league wide interest in him. We'll see.

:229031_shrug:

If he does earn interest throughout the league, that's just another testament to the Seahawks and how high performing our coaches are. He got cut from a terrible Dallas team with a depleted running back corps and couldn't even get on Washington's active roster.

Never a question of talent with C-Mike. It's his head that is the problem. And right now, I think it's fair to assume that the coaches have gotten through a bit. The talent is evident, but talent never matters if you can't put it together mentally. And at 25, I think the Seahawks' coaching staff is finally helping him do that.

If nothing else, he's helped us for a few weeks. Anything more than that from this point on is gravy.

peppersjap

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":205mq82j said:
I'm not sold on him either. Take away that one run and all I saw was a dude who fell if someone so much as looked at him. Maybe I've been spoiled by Lynch and Rawls, but Michael appears to have very little fight in him after initial contact.
Ridiculous statement after the guy performed like he did! On at least 2 of his runs he was stopped dead in the backfield and used a stiff arm to pick up some positive yardage. I by no means think he is the answer but try giving the guy some credit when it is due!

peppersjap

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":1jnkwern said:
I liked how he double handed it at the end of his long run...shows he's taking it serious
That was my favorite thing too, no way he was fumbling!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":3fes67rb said:

Evidently you haven't read other threads on him...which is what I was referencing. Also, Austin would have his babies, true bill.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't know if Michael is brought back this offseason (he's an exclusive rights FA). I hope he is.

My biggest concern about the 2016 season is the durability of Thomas Rawls. A RB who runs that hard in a smaller body is going to get have a lot of injuries. It reminds me a lot of the Jamaal Charles dilemma in KC. He's a super star when healthy, but he can't be trusted to stay healthy.

This means that having a quality backup to Rawls is of extremely high importance, especially if Pete wants to keep some semblance of a run first identity.

I don't know if Michael will be with the team next year, but if he is, I feel really good about him as a Thomas Rawls insurance policy. To me he's perfect to play the DeAngelo Williams role behind our version of LeVeon Bell.

kearly

Reaction score
There is really only one bad thing I can say about Michael in his 2nd stint, and that is that I don't think he's very good as a goal line back. I was pretty happy to see Bryce Brown get the goal line carry today and when he scored, I wasn't surprised. Brown is a pretty average RB, but he's powerful and is pretty good for blasting through for tough yards. Michael is tougher and better than before, but he's still a finesse back, IMO.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Kip, quick question - how does Rawls have a 'small' body? Listed at 5'9" and 215 I believe... Looks more like 220 to me. He doesn't have the same mass as Beast, but it's close. I don't share the opinion that Rawls is small...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":2fttzehq said:
I don't know if Michael is brought back this offseason (he's an exclusive rights FA). I hope he is.

My biggest concern about the 2016 season is the durability of Thomas Rawls. A RB who runs that hard in a smaller body is going to get have a lot of injuries. It reminds me a lot of the Jamaal Charles dilemma in KC. He's a super star when healthy, but he can't be trusted to stay healthy.

This means that having a quality backup to Rawls is of extremely high importance, especially if Pete wants to keep some semblance of a run first identity.

I don't know if Michael will be with the team next year, but if he is, I feel really good about him as a Thomas Rawls insurance policy. To me he's perfect to play the DeAngelo Williams role behind our version of LeVeon Bell.

Michael will almost certainly be brought back in 2016. As an Exclusive Rights "Free Agent," he has no bargaining power. He will make the league minimum on a one-year tender salary, unless the team decides to offer him more or he decides to sit out the year. The way Michael is running now would complement Rawls extremely well.

SpecificVacantAnchovy.gif

vin.couve12

Reaction score
That reminds me of Brian Westbrook in his prime right there. There's a lot of angles on that run that he flat out burst past.