Christine Michael!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rob12":ggwmqo2a said:
Wow at the negativity. Guess it shouldn't surprise me. I'm not looking for anyone to crown this guy, but considering our line was depleted and we were playing a great team, one would think the last thing people would be here is negative.

Arizona is not a "great" team.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
There were 3 or 4 runs where they should of had him with the first tackle and he made the first guy miss. Gotta give him some credit. He had at least two plays of stiff arming his opponents, he was playing with some fire and more physical than he's ever played for the Seahawks.

CANHawk

Reaction score
This thread reminds me why I don't post much anymore... :-(

Finally the great game by CMike we've all been waiting for. Lots of intensity, not a lot of dancing around and protected the ball. Maybe he's not a lost cause after all...

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
rideaducati":133je939 said:
Rob12":133je939 said:
Wow at the negativity. Guess it shouldn't surprise me. I'm not looking for anyone to crown this guy, but considering our line was depleted and we were playing a great team, one would think the last thing people would be here is negative.

Arizona is not a "great" team.

In 2015, they have been. 2016 isn't looking so hot thus far.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":krsuqmtx said:

Finally the great game by CMike we've all been waiting for. Lots of intensity, not a lot of dancing around and protected the ball. Maybe he's not a lost cause after all...

If he keeps it up I'll be happy. Until then I'm skeptical.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":22lc719v said:
CANHawk":22lc719v said:

How long would it take? "Keeps it up" means... what exactly?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Haha nobody's crowning him rushing champion, we're just giving him credit for having a good game. It was good to see him run hard and get some well earned yards in a good win. Jesus H.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":37hg3kmj said:
OkieHawk":37hg3kmj said:
CANHawk":37hg3kmj said:

I'll let you know when it happens. I also didn't know Christine's mom had an account here, weird.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Ditto that pic above. My wife and I both said "Eye of the Tiger!" when that shot aired. :lol:

Glad to see some fight in the young man. And protecting the ball too.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2uionrxt said:
Ad Hawk":2uionrxt said:
OkieHawk":2uionrxt said:
CANHawk":2uionrxt said:

I'll let you know when it happens. I also didn't know Christine's mom had an account here, weird.

Really? :roll: Sounds like play-ground talk... I'm sure future posts from you could be more grown-up/civilized. I'm just questioning your seemingly already formed opinion. I'm simply curious what he'd have to do to change it. Do you even have some idea of what would make him a success in your eyes? It doesn't sound like it, thus my question.

I never said anything about his status, nor am I pulling an Anthony! in CM's behalf. He's not all-world, in my view, but he's more than serviceable. That's where I stand.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2olas135 said:
Really? :roll: Sounds like play-ground talk... I'm sure future posts from you could be more grown-up/civilized. I'm just questioning your seemingly already formed opinion. I'm simply curious what he'd have to do to change it. Do you even have some idea of what would make him a success in your eyes? It doesn't sound like it, thus my question.

I never said anything about his status, nor am I pulling an Anthony! in CM's behalf. He's not all-world, in my view, but he's more than serviceable. That's where I stand.

Ok, I thought it was obvious on what he could do but here we go.

1. Continue to show that he can actually produce YPC above 4.0 without one large run to boost his stats.
2. Ball protection, he's done fairly well recently but I don't think it will last.
3. He still has been too eager to go for a hole that isn't there, when he could have cut for something bigger.
4. As mentioned previously, not pull a Turbin once he's had contact initiated.

I already said, in this thread, that he had a good game. Singular game. People here are touting like he's the second coming simply because of SPARQ. He has been cut how many times this season, and lost his roster spot to Turbin in Dallas. Again, if he continues to do well, like through the playoffs, I'll gladly wish him well on our team behind Rawls, who I think proved himself from the first game he played.

@Rob12, no.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":ee1q7hq2 said:
.. if he continues to do well, like through the playoffs, I'll gladly wish him well on our team behind Rawls, who I think proved himself from the first game he played..

Good enough, and agreed about Rawls being ahead of him.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2ud0h32b said:
OkieHawk":2ud0h32b said:
.. if he continues to do well, like through the playoffs, I'll gladly wish him well on our team behind Rawls, who I think proved himself from the first game he played..

Good enough, and agreed about Rawls being ahead of him.

:thirishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It could have been worse for Michael, and he did show some tackle-breaking ability that's most welcome.

But a boom-or-bust RB isn't going to keep a defense honest or hand the offense much momentum. Needs to cut off the negative plays; those kill drives.

kearly

Reaction score
I can't think of many runs in this game when Michael didn't essentially maximize his yardage. He was very north/south and he also turned two should-have-been-TFL plays into amazing big gainers. And his 45 yard run required him to run through a hole that was collapsing fast while being chased by a free defender - it's a play Michael makes with his burst that a lot of RBs would not have made.

He's not as good as pre-2015 Lynch or 2015 Rawls, but I don't know if I can think of 10 healthy RBs in the league right now that are playing better than Michael has lately.

kearly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1hv1id9x said:
But a boom-or-bust RB isn't going to keep a defense honest or hand the offense much momentum. Needs to cut off the negative plays; those kill drives.

Michael isn't a boom or bust back anymore. He's basically been what I hoped Robert Turbin would be coming out of Utah State: a downhill player with some ability to create.

Michael has been hit in the backfield in roughly 25% of his carries, which is NOT a recipe for shiny stats. And yet despite the way too frequent backfield penetration he's still averaging 4.92 YPC with Seattle this season. The Hawks OL was pretty bad today, but Wilson and Michael made it a non-issue with some high level play.

Also should mention, that Arizona's run D was at full health today and it is a quality run D. One of the best in the league and they handled Lynch in Seattle a couple months ago. After Michael ran all over the Browns people had a good reason to be skeptical, but against a very good AZ run D in their building with a patchwork OL, it's hard not to be impressed.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
LOL, Okie. Who here is touting him as the second coming of anything? You're exaggerating to make a point that's not there. Find me some quotes in this thread, because all I see is people saying he had a good game and I believe he has the tools to be a good back in this league if he keeps his head on straight.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't see the self-induced negative plays either so somewhat surprised you guys saw it that way, maybe I'm wrong and just missed it but he seemed to maximize yardage on most runs. Our line just isn't very good and a few carries for a loss would of been a loss with Rawls, Peterson or whoever.