Christine Michael

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Pretty flattering tweet from an ESPN NFL guy.......

“@LRiddickESPN: @caplannfl True story..Strength Coach at Texas A&M, who worked with both Christine Michael and Adrian Peterson (at OU) told me in the fall that Christine Michael was as physically "explosive" as Adrian was! This kid should tear it up in the preseason........"

HawkWow

Reaction score
The fact that he literally BEGGED to be a Hawk is the icing on this cake.

He looked pretty good last year, but I anticipate Turbin running with even more purpose this year.. I think that would be a very wise thing for him to do.

Watching this 3 headed monster compete for playing time should remind us of a time when Ricky Watters was trying to fend off the young bull, Shawn Alexander. But even better. Good times. Go Hawks.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
What are the differences between Forsett and Michael? At first glance, they strike me as the same running back. Not saying Michael will be like him. Just wondering what people think.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkWow":27x02qsz said:

He looked pretty good last year, but I anticipate Turbin running with even more purpose this year.. I think that would be a very wise thing for him to do.

Watching this 3 headed monster compete for playing time should remind us of a time when Ricky Watters was trying to fend off the young bull, Shawn Alexander. But even better. Good times. Go Hawks.
Yeah. That was pretty cool. I added him on Twitter because of a retweet from Earl Thomas. I think he said how much he loved meeting with the guys and how he wanted to join what they had. It was pretty crazy to hear his name called not long after that

SE174

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":2wpl3ond said:
What are the differences between Forsett and Michael? At first glance, they strike me as the same running back. Not saying Michael will be like him. Just wondering what people think.
Huh? Michael is very different. He's much bigger, more powerful, but has just as much speed and shake and bake.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":2s3enapa said:

LOL really? This had to be a joke post, no offense. Michael has 100x more talent than Forsett, that is speed, agility, and strength. While on the other hand Forsett was a hard worker and overachieved because of it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":19ahxt72 said:
I don't know what you see that would have you say that. There was nothing big or explosive about Forsett.

HawkWow

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2b3kwadn said:
HawkWow":2b3kwadn said:

Yeah. That was pretty cool. I added him on Twitter because of a retweet from Earl Thomas. I think he said how much he loved meeting with the guys and how he wanted to join what they had. It was pretty crazy to hear his name called not long after that

Now that I think about it, perhaps it was you that turned us all onto that particular series of tweets. I know I read about it here. And yeah...how bizarre was it that we actually got him?

LOL..I do remember now. He was calling Earl "Cuz" which I thought was a bit disrespectful at the time. But I guess I was wrong on that. Can't wait to have 2 1000 yd rushers in the same backfield...you have to think that will ultimately happen. Perhaps sooner than later.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
SE174":yxhogwxk said:
Hawken-Dazs":yxhogwxk said:
Huh? Michael is very different. He's much bigger, more powerful, but has just as much speed and shake and bake.

I was a big Forsett Fan when he was here and an even bigger Leon Washington fan. I think Michael could fit the bill nicely. The film on this kid is amazing!

HawkWow

Reaction score
I liked Forsett because he was the little engine that could. But I also feared he may run into the butt of a lineman, fall down and fumble.

No offence, but the next time you hear a back compared to Lynch...that probably means he don't compare to Forsett.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkWow":2gqgof9x said:
-The Glove-":2gqgof9x said:
HawkWow":2gqgof9x said:

Now that I think about it, perhaps it was you that turned us all onto that particular series of tweets. I know I read about it here. And yeah...how bizarre was it that we actually got him?

LOL..I do remember now. He was calling Earl "Cuz" which I thought was a bit disrespectful at the time. But I guess I was wrong on that. Can't wait to have 2 1000 yd rushers in the same backfield...you have to think that will ultimately happen. Perhaps sooner than later.
Yeah I don't know if that was me, but I just remember it made me wonder who this guy was. I don't follow much college fball so I thought he was a FA or something.

If we 2 1000 yds rushers, I'd be ecstatic. That would be a huge load off of Beast Mode's back.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3h088e69 said:
nategreat":3h088e69 said:
THREE 1000 yard rushers. And Wilson with 750. Book it.
Will our receivers ever get the ball? Lol
Of course! How else is Russell going to also throw for 4,000 yards??

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":193w8r52 said:
-The Glove-":193w8r52 said:
nategreat":193w8r52 said:
THREE 1000 yard rushers. And Wilson with 750. Book it.
Will our receivers ever get the ball? Lol
Of course! How else is Russell going to also throw for 4,000 yards??
I love the optimism...I'm with ya!

HawkWow

Reaction score
[/quote]
Yeah I don't know if that was me, but I just remember it made me wonder who this guy was. I don't follow much college fball so I thought he was a FA or something.

If we 2 1000 yds rushers, I'd be ecstatic. That would be a huge load off of Beast Mode's back.[/quote]

That's exactly what I'm hoping as well. The emergence of another stud (at manageable pay) will keep ML fresh and probably add a year, perhaps 2, to his longevity. I really want ML to win (at least) a SB with this group. As far as I'm concerned, it was he that removed the "soft" label that haunted our Hawks. Of course I have to give Pete props too. I don't hear the word "soft" much anymore and I know, despite some hard feelings, that has to put a smile on the face of #45, wherever he is. Go Hawks!

Erebus

Reaction score
With all the big leads we'll have, we'll probably be running the ball a lot in the 2nd half of games, and I'm not sure anyone can stop us. Three 1,000 yard rushers may seem like a stretch but it is a possibility.