Christine Michael

BlueTalons

Reaction score
The Radish":3s6l02jx said:
HawkWow":3s6l02jx said:
I liked Forsett because he was the little engine that could. But I also feared he may run into the butt of a lineman, fall down and fumble.

No offence, but the next time you hear a back compared to Lynch...that probably means he don't compare to Forsett.

I would call this the understatement of the year!

:th2thumbs:
Not to mention the comparison made to AP in the OP tweet quote...

HawkWow

Reaction score
It's good to hear so many positives about the kid. The negatives I read, I knew must have been exaggerated, or we wouldn't have selected him. Bothering me as much, or more, than the "poor attitude" comments was the "has a hard time holding onto the ball" comments. I am happy he (still) has to fight for the ultimate 2 spot thru-out the preseason. That will inspire him to give his all and if he fumbles, it will be then.

We're watching you Christine Michael. Watching you like a Hawk.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 1h
Best rookies I've seen: 1 Cle OLB Barkevious Mingo, 2 Pit RB Le'Veon Bell, 3 Sea RB Christine Michael, 4 Buf QB EJ Manuel.

SE174

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2ivykhfw said:
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 1h
Best rookies I've seen: 1 Cle OLB Barkevious Mingo, 2 Pit RB Le'Veon Bell, 3 Sea RB Christine Michael, 4 Buf QB EJ Manuel.
Love it. SO excited to see him run all over the Chargers!

nanomoz

Reaction score
For those concerned with assigning #'s to the depth chart, I don't think they really apply to Turb and Michael.

Turbin is suited to be a third down running back that can carry a load if he needs to. His strength isn't his biceps, it's his ability to run routes, catch, block, and be a reliable 4 ypc guy with above average speed.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah Turbin's strengths never shouted out to me that he could be the heir apparent to Lynch some day. Michael is a different story. I was pretty meh on Turbin last year, not feeling that way about Michael and Ware at all, really excited about those additions.

Standard disclaimer about how it has to show up on an NFL field before we can start counting our chickens.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
What I really like about CM is that he will probably see spot duty in the closing of games. Like the ones where running out the clock and TOP can seal a close win.

Lynch has been exceptional in this role, along with Turbin, but the last thing a tired defense wants to see is a guy like CM. I really like Turbo, but any injury or drop off will seat him as number 3 if PC follows his standard.