Christine Michael

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HawkWow":209cau9l said:
That's exactly what I'm hoping as well. The emergence of another stud (at manageable pay) will keep ML fresh and probably add a year, perhaps 2, to his longevity. I really want ML to win (at least) a SB with this group. As far as I'm concerned, it was he that removed the "soft" label that haunted our Hawks. Of course I have to give Pete props too. I don't hear the word "soft" much anymore and I know, despite some hard feelings, that has to put a smile on the face of #45, wherever he is. Go Hawks!

Beautiful

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Tical21":1exqxtdh said:
Turbin lost his #2 job this week.

I don't think he will until Michael obviously outplays him in preseason games, but Turbin has got to be killing himself right now for getting hurt. His role clearly is being challenged in a big way and he can't do a thing about it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bestfightstory":kxs4ucpe said:
HawkWow":kxs4ucpe said:
That's exactly what I'm hoping as well. The emergence of another stud (at manageable pay) will keep ML fresh and probably add a year, perhaps 2, to his longevity. I really want ML to win (at least) a SB with this group. As far as I'm concerned, it was he that removed the "soft" label that haunted our Hawks. Of course I have to give Pete props too. I don't hear the word "soft" much anymore and I know, despite some hard feelings, that has to put a smile on the face of #45, wherever he is. Go Hawks!

Beautiful

Wow. Very nice of you to say bro. I'm not exactly the most popular poster on this board and that may be my first post that anyone ever actually liked. ; )

I got down pretty heavy on Harvin in a different thread. I stand by those comments, but not for the reasons most of the witless think. I wasn't asking Harvin to play through this (if possible) for ME. I no longer worry (as much) about winning a SB. I know it will come. OTOH, and why I am pissed at Harvin (if he can play) is because I so badly, desperately want a championship for Lynch. He's our version of Corey Dillon.

I mean this in all sincerity, IF we win the SB the year after parting ways with ML, it won't mean as much to me. Hawk fan for life, but ML turned this sinking, stinking ship around and dammit I want him to sail off in the sunset with a ring. Who knows where that ring, or 2, will ultimately take him...Canton?

ensett

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1y81j0vf said:
Hawken-Dazs":1y81j0vf said:
What are the differences between Forsett and Michael? At first glance, they strike me as the same running back. Not saying Michael will be like him. Just wondering what people think.
I don't know what you see that would have you say that. There was nothing big or explosive about Forsett.

I'd have to agree, I always thought Forsett was amazingly slow. He always seemed to find the holes and get the yards though, plus he was a great blocker.

Mick063

Reaction score
Michael will have folks gushing by mid season. Without question, the stud of this year's draft class.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I like this guy a lot, but he still has to pass block, not that he can't, and I think he has a minor fumbling issue. He will see the field, and he will be electric.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
ensett":1x0wmdup said:
-The Glove-":1x0wmdup said:
Hawken-Dazs":1x0wmdup said:
What are the differences between Forsett and Michael? At first glance, they strike me as the same running back. Not saying Michael will be like him. Just wondering what people think.
I don't know what you see that would have you say that. There was nothing big or explosive about Forsett.

I'd have to agree, I always thought Forsett was amazingly slow. He always seemed to find the holes and get the yards though, plus he was a great blocker.

I guess I should think before I post.

I remember Forsett always being described as a stick of dynamite. He was quick, powerful, but didn't have top-end speed. Maybe I just need someone to hold me and whisper in my ear that Michael will be more than the pre-season wonder Forsett was in his rookie year.

kearly

Reaction score
I was very excited over Michael's future before he was a Seahawk, and now that he's the lead story in every camp report, my anticipation for his first preseason game is set to 11. The pass blocking, pass catching, fumbles, injury history and relative 1 dimensional running style are worts to be sure, but Michael can make plays through tight spaces that 99% of NFL RBs can't. Jon Gruden said that if you gave Russell Wilson an inch, he'd win the starting job. I feel almost the same way about Michael. Not that I think Lynch needs to worry just yet, but Lynch fantasy owners might need to start worrying.

Michael can run through a jet turbine from a near stand-still start. That kind of decisive explosiveness has a ton of value in a ZBS where creases are typically small and short lived, but consistent. His balance and power keeps long runs alive. It's as if he was genetically engineered to create beastquakes.

kearly

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3o1qr0cl said:
I don't think he will until Michael obviously outplays him in preseason games, but Turbin has got to be killing himself right now for getting hurt. His role clearly is being challenged in a big way and he can't do a thing about it.

Agreed, but I'd kind of put this in the same category as Flynn's elbow last year. Even if Flynn had played in that Chiefs game, he was probably screwed. The elbow just made a surprisingly easy QB decision automatic. By the same token, I am a fan of Turbin, but given Michael's monster running talent, I thought that Turbin had almost no chance of staying the #2 back the instant that Michael was drafted. Even if Turbin outplays Michael this preseason, I think it's pretty likely that Michael is the future at the position, unless injury bars his way. Turbin is a really nice player, but he doesn't have the kind of talent to permanently bench a freak like Michael.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I believe it.

Some of his highlights from college are nuts, he's a very fluid runner. Some of the seams he hits and the way he hits them, makes it look effortless. That's not taking into account the vision and power required to make those plays. He averaged 5.2 yd/car at A&M, that's pretty good. Didn't get a chance to catch much while in college, so I'm curious to read about how lovely his hands are.

If he can come in and be as versatile/effective as Turbo, it will be a huge for the offense (since they love to pound it).

Dudes going to turn heads in our offense. If he can show what he can do in the return game this year (while Harvin is out), he may just be the Beast's predecessor. What a steal at pick 62 if he lives up to expectations/potential.

Go Hawks.

tooshort

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2risx7ag said:
I like this guy a lot, but he still has to pass block, not that he can't, and I think he has a minor fumbling issue. He will see the field, and he will be electric.

So, much more in the vein of Ahman Green than Forsett? Agree 112%

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Im happy all thee running backs will be getting touches this year. One of them is going to give Lynch a breather on first and second down late in the second and early in the fourth. The other is going to play as a 3rd down back, obviously this is basically what you see and not exactly what will happen. What I am saying is though all three of these guys on the field means the hawks can run the ball all day. Its like the first superbowl team the giants had like 6 years back but way better.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is USC Football, a stable of back with different looks and skill sets that can all do damage. To stop it teams are going to have tighten up the box and then Russell and his platoon of receivers will begin taking chunks of real estate. Beating you into submission and then adding insult to injury.

This is not the take the foot off the gas team we were used to in the Holmgren days, Pete wants you to be thinking about getting your ass kicked.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":uwgr355d said:
successor

Yes.

chris98251":uwgr355d said:
This is USC Football, a stable of back with different looks and skill sets that can all do damage. To stop it teams are going to have tighten up the box and then Russell and his platoon of receivers will begin taking chunks of real estate. Beating you into submission and then adding insult to injury.

This is not the take the foot off the gas team we were used to in the Holmgren days, Pete wants you to be thinking about getting your ass kicked.

and yes!

The Radish

Reaction score
HawkWow":kbb5xca6 said:
I liked Forsett because he was the little engine that could. But I also feared he may run into the butt of a lineman, fall down and fumble.

No offence, but the next time you hear a back compared to Lynch...that probably means he don't compare to Forsett.

I would call this the understatement of the year!

:th2thumbs:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
During Pete's latest presser, he acknowledged that Michael's pass blocking has a long way to go, but said Christine is not afraid to get physical. Hopefully he will show a lot of improvement in that area by the end of preseason, so he can get some decent playing time.

I'll betcha Tom Cable could get him up-to-speed in a hurry. :mrgreen:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
So, about first name pronunciation... I thought I was hearing Tony Ventrella say it as "Christian" Michael, but he could be pronouncing it correctly as "Chris-Tin" Michael and I'm just not discerning his enunciation over livestream. I didn't really know and have been tripping over saying his first name more than the Chicago Cubs manager did with Henry Rowengartner. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swWQUfh5rqM

So, glad to find clarification on his name from an article from his freshman year at A&M. http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/coll ... 848141.php

I don't know if this is helpful to anyone else, so thought I'd include it in this "Christine Michael" labeled thread.

Jac

Reaction score
I'm so excited about this guy. With his speed/one-cut stysle, he's the kind of player that will absolutely break the opponent's back in the second half facing tired defenses. The ultimate change of pace back this year (and, of course, starting back down the road).