Chuck Powell interesting idea - trade Russell

pcbball12

Reaction score
We did not have a dominating defense and running game before Wilson was here.

And I love RW, but can we quit asking "would you trade Brady?"

Russ is not Tom Brady.
I think what people are trying to say with that is, the running game and offense came around when Russ got here. The only difference between the 2011 and 2012 team on offense is Russell (and JR Sneezy but he was a mess his rookie year). I don't think it is a coincidence that the running game all of a sudden became great after he arrived. The threat of him changed everything.

Also, the 2011 defense was great. If Russ had been a rookie in 2011 and we did not have Tavaris I am confident that we would have been a playoff team that year as well. The running game and team are just as much a product of Russell Wilson as he is of them.

Teams that have good defenses with no QB go 7-9 or 8-8, like we did before Russ got here....even in 2011 with the same defensive and offensive personnel damn near as Russ' rookie year.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3q7c3839 said:
Anthony!":3q7c3839 said:
Tical21":3q7c3839 said:
seahawkfreak":3q7c3839 said:
Glad someone said this. Could not have said it better. If this is such a smart concept why aren't teams with great QBs doing it?
Because all anybody has ever done is pay and keep qbs that win a SB, the vast majority wrongfully so. We dominated with running and defense. The further we get from that, the more and more ordinary we become.

We had that before Wilson and did nothing, so much for that.

Russ is not Tom Brady.

Your half right top 10 scoring defense, but not top rushing just top rb. But hey you just helped my case, we get Wilson and were not a top rushing team till Wilson, think his 400 plus yards rushing had something to do with it. Fyi Brady is no Wilson and was not the Brady he is today in year 5

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkpower":103dik5u said:
Anthony!":103dik5u said:
Tical21":103dik5u said:
seahawkfreak":103dik5u said:
So you'd trade Brady and AR too? Both those 2 guys "values" are sky high too and even higher than RW in most people's eyes..... .....just imagine the draft picks those 2 teams could get. Rosterbation heaven I tell ya!!!

Glad someone said this. Could not have said it better. If this is such a smart concept why aren't teams with great QBs doing it?
Because all anybody has ever done is pay and keep qbs that win a SB, the vast majority wrongfully so. We dominated with running and defense. The further we get from that, the more and more ordinary we become.

Russ is not Tom Brady.
I never said he was......
You missed the point if that's what you came away with after reading my post.

erik2690

Reaction score
Tical21":28ovis34 said:
seahawkfreak":28ovis34 said:
Sports Hernia":28ovis34 said:
So you'd trade Brady and AR too? Both those 2 guys "values" are sky high too and even higher than RW in most people's eyes..... .....just imagine the draft picks those 2 teams could get. Rosterbation heaven I tell ya!!!

It's really weird to ignore the fact that the QB play was also if nothing else very efficient. And that's ignoring the fact that our QB was a huge portion of that running game you are lauding. I'm sorry but Russell Wilson wasn't just Joe Somebody that they stuck in. You are vastly overlooking his impact.

Anthony!

Reaction score
O
Sports Hernia":59x77w2c said:
Hawkpower":59x77w2c said:
Anthony!":59x77w2c said:
Tical21":59x77w2c said:

Russ is not Tom Brady.

Heck Tom Braxy was not Tom Brady in year 5.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

Russ is not Tom Brady.[/quote]

Your half right top 10 scoring defense, but not top rushing just top rb. But hey you just helped my case, we get Wilson and were not a top rushing team till Wilson, think his 400 plus yards rushing had something to do with it. Fyi Brady is no Wilson and was not the Brady he is today in year 5[/quote]

We have been over this so many times.

The model is dominating defense and running game.

Seattle had a nice defense (9th in 2011) but nowhere near the dominance Tical is talking about.

I know you love Russ like your first born child, but he is not Tom Brady. Cmon man.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pcbball12":ijnepwlg said:

Russ is not Tom Brady.
I think what people are trying to say with that is, the running game and offense came around when Russ got here. The only difference between the 2011 and 2012 team on offense is Russell (and JR Sneezy but he was a mess his rookie year). I don't think it is a coincidence that the running game all of a sudden became great after he arrived. The threat of him changed everything.

Also, the 2011 defense was great. If Russ had been a rookie in 2011 and we did not have Tavaris I am confident that we would have been a playoff team that year as well. The running game and team are just as much a product of Russell Wilson as he is of them.

Teams that have good defenses with no QB go 7-9 or 8-8, like we did before Russ got here.
...even in 2011 with the same defensive and offensive personnel damn near as Russ' rookie year.

Pretty sure the 2015 Broncos, with a one armed Manning/Brock Osweiler did not go 7-9.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Glad someone said this. Could not have said it better. If this is such a smart concept why aren't teams with great QBs doing it?[/quote]

We had that before Wilson and did nothing, so much for that.[/quote]

Russ is not Tom Brady.[/quote] I never said he was......
You missed the point if that's what you came away with after reading my post.[/quote]

Well, I was responding to the person who asked "would you trade Rodgers/Brady? when talking about Russell Wilson and trading high.

If you werent the one making that comment, no worries.

To the person who made that comment, I simply said its an invalid argument because two of those guys are franchise QB's who are MVP level every year.

The third guy is a franchise QB who is a really nice young QB.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkpower":8r9h6umq said:

Russ is not Tom Brady.

Your half right top 10 scoring defense, but not top rushing just top rb. But hey you just helped my case, we get Wilson and were not a top rushing team till Wilson, think his 400 plus yards rushing had something to do with it. Fyi Brady is no Wilson and was not the Brady he is today in year 5[/quote]

We have been over this so many times.

The model is dominating defense and running game.

Seattle had a nice defense (9th in 2011) but nowhere near the dominance Tical is talking about.

I know you love Russ like your first born child, but he is not Tom Brady. Cmon man.[/quote]

Oh so top 10 is not dominating, the fact the great run game did not come without Wilson does not matter. We have been thru this and despite the facts you still refuse to a knowledge without Wilson no dominating run game. Also your right Wilson is not tom Brady, and tom Brady is not Wilson and was not tom brady in year 5.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawkpower":258l8x6p said:

We had that before Wilson and did nothing, so much for that.[/quote]

Russ is not Tom Brady.[/quote] I never said he was......
You missed the point if that's what you came away with after reading my post.[/quote]

Well, I was responding to the person who asked "would you trade Rodgers/Brady? when talking about Russell Wilson and trading high.

To the person who made that comment, I simply said its an invalid argument because two of those guys are franchise QB's who are MVP level every year.

The third guy is a franchise QB who is a really nice young QB.[/quote]

The point was he would trade Wilson because his value is hugh, well so is Rodgers and Brady would you trade them? So answer the question?

pcbball12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2pbr15pu said:
pcbball12":2pbr15pu said:

Russ is not Tom Brady.

Teams that have good defenses with no QB go 7-9 or 8-8, like we did before Russ got here.
...even in 2011 with the same defensive and offensive personnel damn near as Russ' rookie year.

Pretty sure the 2015 Broncos, with a one armed Manning/Brock Osweiler did not go 7-9.
Ok, them along with the 2001 Ravens are extreme outliers. You think that is a model because 2 franchises have managed to win SB's with below average QB play? You failed to address the entirety of my post.

Also, didn't Denver fail to make the playoffs this year? Is that the kind of consistency you are looking for? They missed the playoffs because of poor QB play. We have yet to miss the playoffs since Russ has been here.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
No I for sure wouldnt trade Brady or Rodgers. They are MVP type players.

Wilson probably not. He is a good young quarterback.

If the right deal came along I would at least think about it, but it would have to be an elite level deal.

I dont see RW in the untouchable category, thats all. Close to it, but I see some logic behind the OP and I think flat dismissing it is being too emotional in regards to our QB.

Anthony!

Reaction score
If you actually read our posts you would.know its not emotional its facts, there is no fact to support traxing a young franchise elite QB none.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3hjsn900 said:

Russ is not Tom Brady.

The third guy is a franchise QB who is a really nice young QB.
I'm the guy that brought it up. Like I said, I was not saying Russ is better than Brady or AR.
I just want to know if the OP was willing to trade those 2 considering they'd bring back a crap ton in a trade, and that was the "basis" for him entertaining the idea of trading RW.

el capitan

Reaction score
Tical21":23ajq5xx said:
I love Russell but it became pretty obvious this year that Marshawn and the defense stirred the drink. Seems kind of a waste to pay any qb a bunch of money. The more we pass, the worse we get. We don't even have to take Watson. What if we took Fournette? Maybe Watson makes it near 25? We could have the running game, the young running qb, have money to get the best tackle in free agency, and still get the Browns' top-3 pick next season as well. Remember, we won with a cheap qb. Let's get back to our roots and win championships.

If Russell Wilson was the Browns starting QB next season they wouldn't be picking in the top three, that's not to say the Seahawks wouldn't own a top three pick though.

TBH Chuck has the right idea but he got it the wrong way round. Throughout the Bill Belichick years the Patriots have viewed almost everyone as expendable with the exception of their franchise QB. They trade players before they decline or they have to eat too much cap on an over priced 2nd or 3rd contract.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The only thing interesting about this idea is that there are four pages seriously debating such a ludicrous thought. This place has gone plaid.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seanhawk":12ed56gc said:
The only thing interesting about this idea is that there are four pages seriously debating such a ludicrous thought. This place has gone plaid.

We are three pages deep on Blair Walsh. So it is offseason plaid

CPHawk

Reaction score
Chuck Powell should stick with baseball, it's all he knows.

StoneCold

Reaction score
For those that want to trade Russell, I wish that you could run a team of your own and that team was in the NFC west just so the hawks could play you twice a year.

2017 standings
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
Ninnies
Russelessers