Colin Cowherd picks patriots in a blow out

seahawks08

Reaction score
Many people on NFLN and if you listen yo radio, have been picking the Seahawks. One of the Mikes from Mike and Mike has also picked the Seahawks. I think people are recognizing the Seahawks more this year than last year for sure.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Who listens Cowherd? He's a shock jock who contorts facts to support his purposely ridiculous positions then slags any caller or listener who dares to disagree with him?

I never understood why people give idiots like him the time of day. You have to be masochistic to listen to him. He makes Golic look like a football scholar.

seahawksny

Reaction score
seahawks08":2rkq3cej said:
Many people on NFLN and if you listen yo radio, have been picking the Seahawks. One of the Mikes from Mike and Mike has also picked the Seahawks. I think people are recognizing the Seahawks more this year than last year for sure.

Golic- a defensive guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2l04p0up said:
I still have yet to see any legit "expert" predict the Seahawks.

Not sure what you mean by "expert" but I've seen a bunch of the NFL Today and NFL Network guys pick Seattle, mostly defensive guys like Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs.......and I hear Michael Irvin pick Seattle.

Remember, all these guys including the so called "unbiased analysts" have allegiances to teams, conferences, and personal relationships with players in this game.

I couldn't care less about Cowturd, he's approaching Skip Bayless media whore hack territory.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
He just had Greg Cosel on.

Cowherd predicted Pats 23-17
Cosel predicted Hawks 23-20

So unless he's changed his mind, he really isn't predicting a blowout.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
People seem to be favoring New England solely because of what they think happened in the conference championships. They don't think the Seahawks are deserving because they turned the ball over five times and needed The Comeback. And they don't realize what an incomplete team the Colts were this season.
I couldn't have said it much better myself so I won't.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Actual quote from last year:

Colin Cowherd: "The story of the game won't be the Seattle defense. Instead, it will be Denver's much improved defense" (predicted Broncos victory).

kmedic

Reaction score
Colin is good at what he does, but don't look to him for any loyalty. He is one of those types of guys who won't blink twice about stabbing you in the back if it means getting himself ahead in some way. His opinions are dictated only by what will get his show higher ratings, nothing else.

jhoeHawk

Reaction score
He's the same guy that said this last year, " I cannot see Russell Wilson at the podium holding up the Lombardi Trophy"

lukerguy

Reaction score
-RW has never been blown out in his HS, College or, professional career.
-The Pats have never covered the spread in all of their SBs
- All of the Pats SB games have been within single digits.

Escamillo

Reaction score
Cowherd is a buffoon, best ignored.

But something just occurred to me. The national media is acting as if the Patriots, rather than the Seahawks, are the defending Super Bowl champions. I'm not saying that the Seahawks' being the defending champs should dictate that pundits pick them to win. Pundits can pick whomever they want. But putting aside predictions, it seems to me that the overall tone of the national pundit conversation carries the subtext that the Patriots are the team more deserving of respect (and some pundits go beyond just respect, but to actual reverence of the Patriots), I guess because they've been good longer. But this Seahawks team is the first Super Bowl champion to repeat as conference champions since the Pats of 10 years ago, which suggests that this Seahawks team is arguably the best Super Bowl champion in 10 years. Seems to me they do deserve more respect (as opposed to win predictions) than they are getting.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Just looking for attention. It's how he gets paid.

Can't begrudge the guy that.

He's way wrong though.