JJ McCarthy games and scouting videos

12forlife

Reaction score
Anytime a QB can thread the needle with throws when he sets his feet but also on the move gives you a shot at the NFL level. Accuracy is JJ McCarthy's issue, but that can be improved upon and there are worse QBs in the NFL that are starters with worse accuracy.
His completion percentage is 72%? Not much needs to be done with JJ's accuracy.

CPHawk

Reaction score
QBs rise before the draft, and most scouts like this dude more than Penix, and several more than Nix.
Scout liked lots of QBs over Mahomes also. Scouts are about 50/50 usually

Last edited:
OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score

Why Joel Klatt thinks J.J. McCarthy fits as Seattle Seahawks QB​

Klatt acted shocked by Salk’s assessment of McCarthy’s passing ability, saying he has worked as a broadcaster for 16 Michigan games over the past three years and never questioned McCarthy’s arm talent.

“Meanwhile, Salk didn’t even watch the Ohio State game, and he’s blabbering on about J.J. doesn’t make throws,” Klatt joked. “It was a leading question. Listen, listen, I’m having a little fun at your expense, obviously, but yes, he makes he makes those throws and he makes them often.”

In continuing his defense of McCarthy, Klatt pointed to Michigan’s 30-24 win over Ohio State in 2023. McCarthy threw 16 of 20 for 148 yards, including a controversial touchdown pass that he spun between two Buckeyes defenders.

“What got lost was this throw that he made,” Klatt said. “That was absolutely insane, and he did that several times. I appreciate your honesty but you know, as in ‘My Cousin Vinny,’ overruled.”

12forlife

Reaction score
QWERTY where did you go man? Backing down on your thoughts of JJ just being a JAG & 4th round pick? I just cracked open my piggy bank, I'm ready to make a wager if your still game?

QWERTY

Reaction score
Straight up Gentlemens bet! $100 that JJ McCarthy does not last to the #65 pick in the draft? Sound Good?

So if JJ McCarthy goes 1-65 I owe you $100.00

If JJ McCarthy goes 66-Undrafted you owe me $100.

Also, if you want to bet more than $100, I'm down. I would go up to 500.

1. I'd be willing to give you higher odds like if JJ goes 1-65 I owe you 300, and if he goes 66-Undrafted, then you owe me $200.

2. Also, if you want I can pre-pay you by Venmo or PayPal first so it's up to you, but I am trustable.

QWERTY where did you go man? Backing down on your thoughts of JJ just being a JAG & 4th round pick? I just cracked open my piggy bank, I'm ready to make a wager if your still game?

After the Superbowl, things get quiet in here not much action until what they decide to do with Geno's contract, Franchise Tag, Free Agency, draft. But I will still be here.

GemCity

Reaction score
It’s not his fault…it’s really not but, here’s one reason JJ remains a mystery to me…

IMG 7696

12forlife

Reaction score
So if JJ McCarthy goes 1-65 I owe you $100.00

If JJ McCarthy goes 66-Undrafted you owe me $100.

Also, if you want to bet more than $100, I'm down. I would go up to 500.

1. I'd be willing to give you higher odds like if JJ goes 1-65 I owe you 300, and if he goes 66-Undrafted, then you owe me $200.

2. Also, if you want I can pre-pay you by Venmo or PayPal first so it's up to you, but I am trustable.

After the Superbowl, things get quiet in here not much action until what they decide to do with Geno's contract, Franchise Tag, Free Agency, draft. But I will still be here.
Agreed its crickets in here, the calm before the storm, lots of action between now & end of April!
As for our wager, you good with my $350 to your $500, that JJ McCarthy is drafted in the first 64 selections?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Trey Lance once went top 10. A guy who put up average numbers, but was athletic and had a big arm.

Ozzy

Reaction score
QBs rise before the draft, and most scouts like this dude more than Penix, and several more than Nix.

The only reason scouts have Penix lower is injuries. Most scouts say his arm talent is maybe second to none and the windows he makes throws to the entire field may be as well. I like both guys but Penix has flashes special traits.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Agreed its crickets in here, the calm before the storm, lots of action between now & end of April!
As for our wager, you good with my $350 to your $500, that JJ McCarthy is drafted in the first 64 selections?

Yes, do you want a deposit or wait till the draft.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Trey Lance once went top 10. A guy who put up average numbers, but was athletic and had a big arm.
Not TOO average. 42 total TDs, 1100 rushing yards, very high YPA on low volume of attempts. Competition was questionable and his actual skill outside of superior athleticism and deep ball strength was clearly needing developed from the ground up though

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The only reason scouts have Penix lower is injuries. Most scouts say his arm talent is maybe second to none and the windows he makes throws to the entire field may be as well. I like both guys but Penix has flashes special traits.
It's a trip how many people just don't get it with Penix. I get the injury concerns. But on pure talent, he's a flat out cold blooded killer out there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And how often did he lead the team at the end of the game? Penix did it week after week. 21 wins in a row. That wasn't an accident.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nice idea, but two things have to happen, other teams have to veer away and John has to be sold on him by Grubb and Macdonald as the guy they go all in on in the first post Pete Draft. Whether that's trading or waiting for the pick and hoping they guess right in what other teams will do.

12forlife

Reaction score
You don’t think having that many talented linemen makes it a bit harder to truly evaluate the QB?

Gotcha.
They just played well together. Zinter is their best lineman and projected as a 3-4th round pick. So not exactly stellar? It's ok just keep hating on the kid, really not sure why all the hatred for a good kid with talent, yet we just want to tear him down before even taking an NFL snap?

GemCity

Reaction score
They just played well together. Zinter is their best lineman and projected as a 3-4th round pick. So not exactly stellar? It's ok just keep hating on the kid, really not sure why all the hatred for a good kid with talent, yet we just want to tear him down before even taking an NFL snap?
I’m not hating on him. I’m just saying that’s a pretty damn good line and until they hit the league, it’s a bit harder to tell how these guys are going to perform.