JJ McCarthy games and scouting videos

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by this guy, I just wonder how quickly he can process NFL defenses? There's no consensus on how good he is, but Joel Klatt was on 710, and he likes him.

JJ McCarthy 2023 Michigan Highlights 〽️ || HD

Is J.J. McCarthy a 1st round quarterback? | First Draft

J.J. McCarthy highlights from Michigan's Week 13 win vs. Ohio State | NBC Sports

JJ McCarthy vs OSU 2022

SCOUTING:

Michigan QB JJ McCarthy: 2024 NFL Draft Scouting Report

J.J McCarthy is POLARIZING! | 2024 NFL Draft Prospect Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJalQs7VZEM

Why Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy isn’t a 1st round pick in 2024 NFL draft | Colin Cowherd Podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoHtyBQZkts

JJ McCarthy Draft Profile I 2024 NFL Draft Scouting Report & Analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyOiZvDmUQ8

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
3rd round maybe. He's not run a pro style offense. He's not shown he can carry a team with his arm.

12forlife

Reaction score
3rd round maybe. He's not run a pro style offense. He's not shown he can carry a team with his arm.
I would like to bet you a pack of gum JJ goes closer to #1 overall then 3rd rd pick #96. I'm a Michigan fan and I may be biased. Just watching the kid the last 2 seasons he has all the intangibles I feel you could ask for. Great even keel attitude, great vocal leader, teammates love the guy, very athletic w/ 4.5 speed, accurate 72% comp, very few turnovers, knows the importance of ball security. Lead team to 27-1 record over 2 years? @ 6'3" 202lb has room to add 25lb. I'm really not sure what more you could want out of a 21 yr old QB prospect with plenty of time to refine skills. Holy hell guys, doesn't anyone remember when the word was mahomes could throw with his feet under him? Seemed to not matter he went 10th?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I keep trying really hard to see what the JJ supporters see in these videos and I'm just not seeing it. Can someone point out some specifics besides he's young and has good college stats? I watch his throws and they are a mix of good/bad, which is fine but I almost never see any throws where I'm like, wow that's the guy I want.

12forlife

Reaction score
I keep trying really hard to see what the JJ supporters see in these videos and I'm just not seeing it. Can someone point out some specifics besides he's young and has good college stats? I watch his throws and they are a mix of good/bad, which is fine but I almost never see any throws where I'm like, wow that's the guy I want.
Rewatch the videos and focus in on how well he throws on the move. Then focus on how well he can layer the ball between the LB and safeties. Also JJ is a leader, has an even keel attitude. Very athletic 4.5 speed. Just a few positive attributes

CPHawk

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet $100.00 or higher that JJ will be drafted later than the 4th round.
He’s a qb, they always go to high. Only 2 QBs this year are top 10 worthy, yet 3 will go in the top 10. 3 are 2nd round worthy, and need a year to learn, but they could all end up late 1st rounders.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Idk who you are but PM me your Venmo or Paypal. I'll wire you $100.00 wait for the draft after the draft is over , or on the 2nd day, either I give you another 100 or you give me $300.

12forlife

Reaction score
Idk who you are but PM me your Venmo or Paypal. I'll wire you $100.00 wait for the draft after the draft is over , or on the 2nd day, either I give you another 100 or you give me $300.
This is like free money? Anyone else feel like throwing away their car payment? JJ is a stud! Agree sitting a year would benefit him behind the right Vet, but JJ is the future of some franchise!

WarHawks

Reaction score
What? What about where he spins to his left then throws that bullet behind his body? Or all the throws where he's threading the needle between two defenders? Granted it's a highlight video, and I get that he isn't asked to carry a team with his arm, but that doesn't mean he can't, and he looks the part of a 70% accurate, mobile nfl qb who makes good decisions to me. What more do you guys want out of a young late round prospect who doesn't have a long injury history? I'm truly not understanding the doubt for where we'll be picking. He sure looks a lot better than Rattler. Let him sit for a year behind a cheap vet and away we go.

Last edited:

QWERTY

Reaction score
This is like free money? Anyone else feel like throwing away their car payment? JJ is a stud! Agree sitting a year would benefit him behind the right Vet, but JJ is the future of some franchise!

I'm talking about real money. Willing to bet any amount that you want.

12forlife

Reaction score
Straight up Gentlemens bet! $100 that JJ McCarthy does not last to the #65 pick in the draft? Sound Good?

Scout

Reaction score

Anytime a QB can thread the needle with throws when he sets his feet but also on the move gives you a shot at the NFL level. Accuracy is JJ McCarthy's issue, but that can be improved upon and there are worse QBs in the NFL that are starters with worse accuracy.