Colts-Pats, who ya like?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2s6v1kl5 said:
For as much crap as Indy gets for is lack of a running game they're actually averaging 107 ypg in the playoffs on the ground. If they can continue to have some sort of balance to help control the clock they have a shot at beating New England.
107 isn't very good at all. That's only marginally better than the 100.8 they averaged in the regular season. Let's put it this way, if they had averaged 106.5 (what they have done in the 2 games this post season so far) in the regular season, that'd put them at 19th in the NFL...

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Erebus":2x4at5p1 said:
The Ravens have proven that the Patriots aren't unbeatable at home in the playoffs, and Luck can win on the road. So to me it's a toss up. I'd much rather the Patriots win because they'd be an easier matchup for us. I also want to beat Manning and Brady in the Super Bowl. We have plenty of time to beat Luck later.
The type of football the ravens play makes it so the Pats aren't unbeatable at home...Indy doesn't play that style of football at all. I will be absolutely shocked if Indy even makes this a close game, but I think NE will win in convincing fashion.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Pats will cover easily, but Vegas is trying desperately to steer money to the Colts. It's pretty funny because the Colts are not a very good team. They were killed by the Pats at home and have been abysmal on the road.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Luck will throw 4 picks against them like last years postseason. He will be still considered the future GOAT because, as you know, he does it all by himself.

el capitan

Reaction score
Luck has faced the Patriots three times in his career and not one the games has been close, I don't think that'll change this weekend. Patriots by at least two scores.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pats. basically same two teams as last year when NE drilled Indy. Even if neckbeard can manage fewer turnovers, I don't see a different outcome.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1bjdvlcv said:
SeatownJay":1bjdvlcv said:
For as much crap as Indy gets for is lack of a running game they're actually averaging 107 ypg in the playoffs on the ground. If they can continue to have some sort of balance to help control the clock they have a shot at beating New England.
107 isn't very good at all. That's only marginally better than the 100.8 they averaged in the regular season. Let's put it this way, if they had averaged 106.5 (what they have done in the 2 games this post season so far) in the regular season, that'd put them at 19th in the NFL...
Average is better than anemic. And it's not like New England's is much better. They only had 14 rushing yards in their win over Baltimore.

themunn

Reaction score
Luck has 8 interceptions in 3 games against the Pats

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Would prefer the Pats but after watching Flacco have enough time in the pocket to knit a sweater before passing the ball, I am thinking that the Colts will come out of this one.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I'd pick Pats. I think I predicted Seahawks vs Patriots during the preseason for Super Bowl pick.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Colts too one dimensional and Belichick too good at taking away your best dimension. Ravens w/ Playoff Flacco were balanced enough to be a threat. Andrew will have to spread it around and shred with Fleener and Moncrief. TY will get bracketed off w/ safety help and Revis will be on Wayne. Indy will get nothing on the ground. For Indy to win, Brady will also have to lay an egg, but the Colts secondary does have some talent.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Colts were gifted 6 wins in their division games this year against the juggernauts pf the Titans, Texans and Jaguars. Outside the division they were 5-5 with their wins coming against the Browns, Redskins, Giants, Bengals and Ravens while losing badly to Cowboys 42-7, Patriots 42-20, Steelers 51-34 and closer losses to Eagles and Broncos.

These playoffs they beat the Bengals at home but without AJ Green or Gresham their best two recievers and then onto the Broncos with a finished Manning.

I hope NE throttles them and they pick off Luck 6 times. It is going to be putrid all off season already listening to how Andrew Luck took his band of high school misfits all the way to the championship with absolutely no help. The NFL Network and ESPN have inducted Luck into the Hall already. I can't stand the guy simply because of how force fed we have been.

Before the playoffs even began I listened to an ESPN broadcast that was promoting Luck as the NFL MVP. Their reasoning was his competition (Peyton, Brady and Rogers) all had all pro talent around them. They went through and counted up the number of all pro's each has on their roster compared to luck having none and they were 100% convinced that he is already accomplishing more than any of them have ever had to. Not one word of Seattle's lack of offensive all pros.

The next day was the same crew doing a break down of all the top QB's. Manning I think was a Benz but Romo was a Jaguar (top performer and sexy when not broken and in the shop) Luck was a Hummer because he could do anything and Wilson was a Prius. Yup a Prius because he is kind of a hybrid.

Sorry but I am so sick of the Luck sales pitch that won his coach and GM coach of the year and Exec of the year only to now here Luck has done it all on his own and that same GM that won Exec of the year two years ago apparently is an absolute and complete loser who can't put any talent around him.

Please BB and Brady expose this team and Andrew luck for what they are. A decent team with a good QB that in any other division wouldn't even make the playoffs let alone be gifted two easy wins to get to the championship game.

John Clayton said today on the radio if Seattle had Luck instead of Wilson we would have been undefeated over the last two years. Yes he really said that.

OrFan

Reaction score
Pats. Pre - season I picked us to beat the Packers in the NFC championship, and then beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. I'm sticking with it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I don't know enough about either team to pick who I think will win.
I do however, want the Pats to win. I'm thinking about if we win the big one again. Will be very cool to have beaten Rodgers AND Brady to get our 2nd ring. Plus beating Manning and Brady in back to back Super Bowls? It don't get much better than that. If that happens IMHO we should be considered one of, if not, the BEST EVER in salary cap era.

And on a negative note, if by chance we lost the big game this year, I'd rather it be to Brady than Luck.
Obviously this is in the event we crush the souls of Packer nation on Sunday.