comeback rituals

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I knew we would come back and win because Chris Meyers and Tim Ryan were calling the game.

jkitsune

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":ljzbup4v said:
I kept my TV tuned to FOX and continued to watch the game through to the end. It's only weird if it doesn't work.

You superstitious savage, you.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
I started a fire, because we had a few extra logs i wanted to get rid of, when they were down 20 - 6 and all of a sudden they started coming back. So i had to do a fire run and get more to keep it going. My wife thought i was extremely crazy until overtime when she said, lets put another one on there just for the Haushka kick.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Mine is not a ritual, it is a perception. It is knowing that even if I think the Hawks are going to lose a game before it is played, that they have a chance in every game that they play. It is my control of the family, who gets out of hand in anger and frustration. Being that focal of calm, I tell them to relax, to be patient, to just wait and watch.

In games the Hawks have been down more than 2 scores, they are 3-1. The one loss being the game in Atlanta. NE, The Skins, Atlanta and Houston have all held multiple score leads on the Hawks and they all have either lost or gave up the lead with very little time remaining. The common factor in those games is Russell Wilson. Down by two TDs in the 3rd quarter? RW is the QB? He's got this. Someone just makes a play, they manage to string together the plays they need. They wear teams down. The half time adjustments seem to come through. No one is ever going to say what they are, but they are there. It is true of every Seahawks game going back to 2011.

I sit back, relax and speak softly. When it is over, the family looks at me and tells me I was right, that they could not believe it. I have NO idea what it is, but I just relax and let it happen.. And it does. In the games they lost? I was nervously jumping around, not sitting and getting all frustrated for the entire game. When every aspect of a team is dangerous, they have a chance to win every game when one of those phases is not successful. RW scrambling with logic, making the sticks, taking extra yards when he needed them and keeping drives alive. Knowing that RW is the coolest customer on the field is reassuring.

Oh.. And I need to make sure my little girl is in the room. At 10 years old and a bigger fan than my son, she is the magic.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Lanakila":awn98ith said:
At halftime my wife called me, pissed, and told me she had had it with the kids and was leaving the house. So, I had to go home and deal with the kids and was unable to watch the second half. My friend Joe, whose house I was at, texted me later and told me that it may have had something to do with us winning. Guess I only get to watch half the game now.

Well since they played like crap while you were watching, I think we'd all just appreciate you not watching at all. :)