Complaining about refs gets you nowhere

hugecanoli

Reaction score
But this is some SB XL level bullshit.

You could use this as a teaching example of PI. What a disgrace.

BexZeggl

evergreen

Reaction score
It’s not just that call either. All the high leverage calls went against us. All head scratchers too. They’re not even trying to pretend it’s fair anymore. Just moving the game was totally unfair. Let alone the bogus high leverage calls. It’s more like wrestling than a fair sport. Just a show to watch.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I disagree with the thread title. Complaining about the refs can be therapeutic. It doesn’t change the outcome though which is likely your point.

I tend to believe bad officiating evens out but when it’s so blatantly bad at this point in the season and so one sided it’s a hard pill to swallow (Testaverde helmet being confused for the ball comes to mind).

BamKam

Reaction score
I was upset for like 2 seconds then remembered our $35 million a year QB scored 10 points.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Yeah, leave referee blaming to the New Orleans Saints fanbase, you don't want to be associated with those fecal satchel crybabies. If the outcome of a game comes down to bad calls, which happen all the time, your team did not do enough to put itself in a position to win.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Aircrew":2p6vx22a said:
Yeah, leave referee blaming to the New Orleans Saints fanbase, you don't want to be associated with those fecal satchel crybabies. If the outcome of a game comes down to bad calls, which happen all the time, your team did not do enough to put itself in a position to win.

I am dead tired of this erroneous point.

The integrity of the game matters more than the result. Playing a rigged game is no fun, even if you can win by doing everything extremely well. It's still a raw deal and loses all sense of legitimacy.

Oooh just score some extra touchdowns or you can't complain about some of the most egregious officiating in years oooh

Get a grip.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":35tie5zu said:
Aircrew":35tie5zu said:

The integrity of the game matters more than the result. Playing a rigged game is no fun, even if you can win by doing everything extremely well. It's still a raw deal and loses all sense of legitimacy.

Oooh just score some extra touchdowns or you can't complain about some of the most egregious officiating in years oooh

Get a grip.

I have a grip, and it's in the reality that whining about bad referees is pretty lame when your offense is 3-11 on third down and the QB has a rating of 58%, throws no TD's and one pick. I don't disagree with your point about the integrity of the game but it wasn't "rigged". I hate to break it to you, but life isn't fair, so why is it surprising that a game isn't either? Besides, Seattle played poorly last night and didn't deserve to win, period. Were there garbage calls? Yes. Should the League try to fix the poor officiating? Yes. Should the Seahawks put themselves in a position to play significantly better than the competition so that a few bad calls don't cost them the game? YES.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The game was 10-10 going into the 4th. The refs stole the game, period.

gremlin

Reaction score
kidhawk":2tncqbp6 said:
I disagree with the thread title. Complaining about the refs can be therapeutic. It doesn’t change the outcome though which is likely your point.

I tend to believe bad officiating evens out but when it’s so blatantly bad at this point in the season and so one sided it’s a hard pill to swallow (Testaverde helmet being confused for the ball comes to mind).
The Testaverde helmet call often comes to mind for me also. I thought I was the only one who remembered that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2immtzay said:
The game was 10-10 going into the 4th. The refs stole the game, period.

Glad to see we agree on this one.

It's completely unacceptable. Ruins the entire spirit of the sport. The refs shaft at least a few teams a week, and hard.

A terrible, terrible precedent in a league known for parity. There's not enough gap between any two teams for "well, just do even better" to be a valid response to this type of bullshit.

OP
OP
hugecanoli

hugecanoli

Reaction score
gremlin":2bmddn92 said:
kidhawk":2bmddn92 said:

The Testaverde helmet call often comes to mind for me also. I thought I was the only one who remembered that.

I was at that game and still have nightmares about that call.

KTYQ9Ic

xray

Reaction score
Topic has been done to death...enuff already .

themunn

Reaction score
Aircrew":2c68ruh5 said:
Maelstrom787":2c68ruh5 said:
Aircrew":2c68ruh5 said:

Get a grip.

I have a grip, and it's in the reality that whining about bad referees is pretty lame when your offense is 3-11 on third down and the QB has a rating of 58%, throws no TD's and one pick. I don't disagree with your point about the integrity of the game but it wasn't "rigged". I hate to break it to you, but life isn't fair, so why is it surprising that a game isn't either? Besides, Seattle played poorly last night and didn't deserve to win, period. Were there garbage calls? Yes. Should the League try to fix the poor officiating? Yes. Should the Seahawks put themselves in a position to play significantly better than the competition so that a few bad calls don't cost them the game? YES.

In the other hand our defense held the Rams to 20 points, which in reality should have been 10, with one TD drive extended by a terrible holding call, and a 2nd FG drive because they got given the ball after a turnover on downs on a no-call DPI that should have put us in FG range.

Sure our offense wasn't great, but our defense played exceptionally against a Rams team that has scored 25+ points in 10 games this season, and sometimes that's all you need. The refs made 4 big calls which cost our offense, a phantom hold on Lewis, a phantom false start on Penny and then a bewildering no call DPI - those could have been the difference between a 10+ point swing.

The question you should ask is, do you think it would be fair if the opposition started the game 10-0 but the refs got every call right? If no, then why should it be OK if the officials give the opposition 10 points through bad calls, which seem to disproportionately affect ua

snackdaddy

Reaction score
They're selling tin foil hat kits at the local grocery store. Look for the name "Reynolds". You'll get a good deal.

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1h42xyb3 said:
Aircrew":1h42xyb3 said:

Get a grip.

I totally agree, Thats a sh!tty point and it makes no since. The truth of it is I'm sick of that point as well.

It's been 3 days and I'm still pissed off! I am one that can enjoy a game even though the Hawks lose but NOT THIS ONE!!

LTH

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The biggest thing that's always upset me when it comes to poor officiating is that when we benefit from a bad call, the National media jumps all over it.
But when a bad call goes against us, crickets.

Other than that, I agree with the thread title and that's about it

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If you don’t complain the screw job continues as ever. The Hawks are regularly worked over by the league from Vinnie’s Helmet to The XL Travesty, now this rubbish. Of course it gets you nowhere but complaining at least makes you feel better.

The Hawks got doubly screwed over by the league with their attempts to steer the results. They want so much for the Rams to be successful in LA and the Hawks took it in the shorts, and their players get 5 days off then Chicago, who gets an extra day of rest.

The BS that player’s health matters had the lie put to it with this financially driven crap. Meanwhile it’s a western team from a somewhat isolated market so the national media won’t run with the story and the league can slide this by the masses who only slowly get the story that many of these games are fixed or steered to make a result inevitable.

Make you wonder if their isn’t realistic betting action motivating this crap and the league’s resistance to firing incompetent refereeing crews or having hired full time referees for isn’t part of it. In all well placed critical calls can steer the result of the game where they are made to a desired result.

Most games are usually close and a few critical and well placed calls manufacture an outcome.

jeremiah

Reaction score
LTH":33m34i1m said:
Maelstrom787":33m34i1m said:
Aircrew":33m34i1m said:

Get a grip.

I totally agree, Thats a sh!tty point and it makes no since. The truth of it is I'm sick of that point as well.

It's been 3 days and I'm still pissed off! I am one that can enjoy a game even though the Hawks lose but NOT THIS ONE!!

LTH

How did you like that roughing the paser call at the end of a completion for a 1st down for the Bears. Our guy was struggling with a blocker and bodied up to the QB without force, without using his hands.