Congrats Rams!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Barakas":21u10oif said:
This isn't the first time this year where the Seahawk came out of the pile with the ball and yet somehow a ref has x-ray glasses and a slow motion time machine so they can see exactly what happened in slow motion to determine that the other team did in fact recover the ball fair and square.

You're complaining about the refs getting the call right. :lol:

(FWIW, IIRC they had already made the call and signaled it before ET came out with the ball. My assumption at the time was that he just picked it up after it was let go of, and the announcers got confused; could be wrong about that though).

RichNhansom":21u10oif said:
This was what made the officiating look really bad. If it was just that play no one thinks a thing about it but it happened three times in this game THREE and two of those the Rams benefited from forward progress on the fumble and the the other time the Seahawks fumbled and recovered and the ball was brought back to the point of the fumble.

A fan who doesn't know the rules only makes the officiating look bad to the fan who doesn't know the rules, not to anybody else.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":19wxtewd said:

And....you shouldn't be!

As for the Rams, I'd rather end the season on 4 wins and a lower draft pick. Always.

See, it was a win win yesterday. :D

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1udocfm7 said:
Barakas":1udocfm7 said:
This isn't the first time this year where the Seahawk came out of the pile with the ball and yet somehow a ref has x-ray glasses and a slow motion time machine so they can see exactly what happened in slow motion to determine that the other team did in fact recover the ball fair and square.

I listen to Steve Raible announcing the game while watching on the TV so maybe what was said by the TV folks differed but per the radio call the one NFL official initially ruled that it was the Rams ball. Then a 2nd ref ruled that it was the Seahawks ball. 20'ish seconds later the 2nd ref again rules it is the Seahawks ball. Then like a minute later the head official got on the broadcast and announced it was the Rams ball.

So, I'm complaining that there was a lot of confusion between the refs themselves. It obviously was not as clear as what you think it was if the refs were arguing back and forth among themselves. In the end the refs should just un-pile the bodies and see who actually has the ball before they make a determination of who recovered the fumble. If they are worried about player safety and all that then make all fumble recoveries automatic reviews regardless, so the refs can quickly make a call without potentially screwing up.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'm gonna use this thread to say....Rams players are out and about in LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!!!!!

head up loves and just let me BUY you a drink if you be buy me!!!!

Welcome to the days of periscope and all that other stuff......

and a love and a welcome to my boys!!!!!!

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Barakas":23x9vi1r said:
Popeyejones":23x9vi1r said:
Barakas":23x9vi1r said:

I listen to Steve Raible announcing the game while watching on the TV so maybe what was said by the TV folks differed but per the radio call the one NFL official initially ruled that it was the Rams ball. Then a 2nd ref ruled that it was the Seahawks ball. 20'ish seconds later the 2nd ref again rules it is the Seahawks ball. Then like a minute later the head official got on the broadcast and announced it was the Rams ball.

So, I'm complaining that there was a lot of confusion between the refs themselves. It obviously was not as clear as what you think it was if the refs were arguing back and forth among themselves. In the end the refs should just un-pile the bodies and see who actually has the ball before they make a determination of who recovered the fumble. If they are worried about player safety and all that then make all fumble recoveries automatic reviews regardless, so the refs can quickly make a call without potentially screwing up.

I think that's where the confusion was. When they made who recovers a fumble in a pile a reviewable play, that's acknowledging there was a problem (i.e. someone recovering the fumble but then having it taken away from them in a pile after they were down by contact). The play went like this: Barnes recovered the fumble, then the pile up ensued, and a Seahawk came out with it. One ref saw Barnes recovered it and signaled Rams ball. Two refs probably saw a Seahawk come out with it and signaled Seahawk ball. Then they got together and ultimately got the call correct by discussing it.

This is exactly what we should be hoping for as fans. Doesn't matter how dumb they look - did they get the call right? Yes. That's all that matters in the end. And even if they ultimately would've ruled Seahawks ball it would have been overturned because there was a clear angle that showed Barnes had recovered the ball first and was down by contact, as the announcers pointed out.

I think this was one of the best officiated games all year, and it sucks that as fans we're so jaded that we always see bias against our teams, even when it's not there. Seattle's first 10 points came off personal foul calls against the Rams on 3rd down plays that Seattle failed to convert - fouls that I think some fans wouldn't like called on their team. I agreed with the calls though and it nearly cost the Rams the game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Barakas":3ekes7tn said:
You got some help but you swept us this year. Congrats!

Enjoy the feeling after your year is over and you are watching the Seahawks and the Cardinals in the playoffs. :lol:

THIS is exaclty my point of a weak Hawk fan.

Tons of you...

mikeak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":18w2nh5i said:
RichNhansom":18w2nh5i said:
This was what made the officiating look really bad. If it was just that play no one thinks a thing about it but it happened three times in this game THREE and two of those the Rams benefited from forward progress on the fumble and the the other time the Seahawks fumbled and recovered and the ball was brought back to the point of the fumble.

A fan who doesn't know the rules only makes the officiating look bad to the fan who doesn't know the rules, not to anybody else.

LOL -- yes nicely put

mikeak

Reaction score
RedAlice":9m23caaf said:
I'm gonna use this thread to say....Rams players are out and about in LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to.....staying in St Louis?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-rams/

RedAlice

Reaction score
mikeak":3a3ytyvg said:
RedAlice":3a3ytyvg said:

Totally could happen. We don't know yet.

It will absolutely kill the Rams franchise if they stay in that midwest small market. It's the worst possible outcome, except to a few midwest fans.

I will love them no matter what. But, I'd like to see my team on a more National LA stage rather than the small MO one.

eta: and, btw: I can give you article for article and source for source on every side of this debate. Don't act like you are INFORMING me on this issue.

All Rams fans are aware.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ljf3ng5 said:

Yes...thank you Rams for that. :)

I'm still banking in the glow of the Niners 0-6 divisional record.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RedAlice":23ls0m05 said:
mikeak":23ls0m05 said:
RedAlice":23ls0m05 said:

It will absolutely kill the Rams franchise if they stay in that midwest small market. It's the worst possible outcome, except to a few midwest fans.

I will love them no matter what. But, I'd like to see my team on a more National LA stage rather than the small MO one.

eta: and, btw: I can give you article for article and source for source on every side of this debate. Don't act like you are INFORMING me on this issue.

All Rams fans are aware.

LOL.

That's how I feel when Aussie Jarryd Hayne fans are "explaining football" to me.

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
RedAlice":gugxmul0 said:
Barakas":gugxmul0 said:
You got some help but you swept us this year. Congrats!

Enjoy the feeling after your year is over and you are watching the Seahawks and the Cardinals in the playoffs. :lol:

THIS is exaclty my point of a weak Hawk fan.

Tons of you...

What? I can't give you congrats and poke at you at the same time? How the hell does that make me a weak fan? Did the absolute truth hurt or something. Would you rather I make up some falsehoods? Would that make me a stronger fan?

mikeak

Reaction score
RedAlice":3upqkjll said:
mikeak":3upqkjll said:
RedAlice":3upqkjll said:

All Rams fans are aware.

You do know that this site is not setup for RedAlice right? There are others around that are not so versed in mediocre teams possible future.

The fact that St Louis did submit a day early and Oakland is not submitting is relevant especially when you choose to put in this thread about celebration and being ready for the team to come to LA

RedAlice

Reaction score
mikeak":9elg0n03 said:
RedAlice":9elg0n03 said:
mikeak":9elg0n03 said:
RedAlice":9elg0n03 said:

All Rams fans are aware.

You do know that this site is not setup for RedAlice right? There are others around that are not so versed in mediocre teams possible future.

The fact that St Louis did submit a day early and Oakland is not submitting is relevant especially when you choose to put in this thread about celebration and being ready for the team to come to LA

Nothing you said is relevant.

The REASON I don't constantly post updates here on the Hawk board is I don't believe it's needed. Your info is stupid and misguided.

I can give you a full update on the relocation items if you would like. You posting one stupid wrong article has ZERO bearing on facts about the topic.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This thread is getting a bit too personal and will be moved to the Shack if we don't stop the personal jabs.

To be honest I'm not even sure what the intent of the thread is anymore. We have one for relocation, we have many for the Rams. Find a relevant Rams topic to discuss or move on.

For example: Rams season and potential for next year: go.....

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":26vrs5ho said:
Barakas":26vrs5ho said:

(FWIW, IIRC they had already made the call and signaled it before ET came out with the ball. My assumption at the time was that he just picked it up after it was let go of, and the announcers got confused; could be wrong about that though).

RichNhansom":26vrs5ho said:

I wasn't aware of the 2 minute rule but even that only explains the last fumble being moved forward. I am impressed though how you felt the need to take a shot at me. Real classy.

another subject I would expect you to be more informed on is who is the top prospects in the upcoming draft? See what I did there?

NINEster

Reaction score
These next 2-3 weeks will indicate whether this Ram loss at home was an anomaly or something deeper.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
What is it you SEA fans say when the beginning of a team's collapse starts with you? Do you say "stole their soul?"

Why yes, Rams stole your soul if you lose to the Packers and finish the year on a three game skid. I think that's a fair statement. If you beat GB in GB, kudos.

And for those who think ARZ has nothing to play for, IDK who has the tie breaker between ARZ and CAR if it comes to that. But CAR and ARZ play at the same times so ARZ will be playing all out for that potential #1 seed. I do believe ARZ wins by three scores. Just my .02

Good luck, so close. You guys finished one game better than us... ugh lol