Congrats to the NFL, you now have your first flopping team!

plyka

Reaction score
I'd like to give my personal congratulations to the NFL --due to your ridiculous new personal foul rules on roughing the passer / WRs in this league, we finally have a team which is teaching their players to flop for 15 yard penalties. This team is the Colts. They are now serial divers/flppers.

As Hawk fans we probably remember the Colt WR Hilton getting multiple pass interference calls by flopping like an International soccer player. I forget who was the defender, it may have been Sherman. Now I just saw their QB get one of the biggest personal foul calls of the season! Late in the fourth quarter, in his own endzone, Luck made a bad throw, they were getting ready to punt back to Denver (it may only have been 3rd and long). When a Denver defense of linemen, a good 3-4 seconds after Luck's throw, literally BUMBED into Luck. Luck dramatically threw himself to the turf and the officials threw a flag. As it just happened, I don't have a video but I'm positive all who watched the game saw the disgusting behavior by Luck.

This all comes from the ridiculous rule changes and calls by the NFL. Can this be in the future of the NFL? Top 10 soccer dives of 2012, the guy who grabs another guys hand and punches himself in the face only ranks as the 3rd best on this list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QBPGXJE86I

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Watching the colts games tonight they seem to have there own PI rules at home. Since when is it legal to block the receiver out with your body when the ball is in the air?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
While I will agree that Luck threw himself on the ground Manu Ginobli style, Vickerson was insanely stupid to chest bump him in that position.

As a player, you have to know the NFL is throwing roughing the passer penalties out like candy, and be smarter than that.

HawkWow

Reaction score
It has become apparent the league plans on flagging stupidity. Of all offenses, I think I hate stupidity the most. I wish it could be outlawed.

Vickerson bumped into Luck trying to send him a message. The message he sent was: "I'm stupid, hit the ground if you're not".

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Colts can't match up with the physical teams so they flop. It is obvious they teach their players to do this if you watch their games.

It's pathetic, but the Officials are buying it.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":3gjqktbq said:
Watching the colts games tonight they seem to have there own PI rules at home.

I'm sorry but the irony here was too good to overlook

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
LOL anyone that says the Vickerson call wasn't justified than I don't know what is wrong with you. He had NO reason at all to bump into Luck at all. The play was long over and done with and he had no forward momentum. Even if it was a flop, why did he chest bump luck from behind anyhow?

Dafilm enjoy watching the Whiners getting there ass dominated again this year and losing the division:)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
look@dafilm":q5j1e1nw said:
cockeyhawk":q5j1e1nw said:

Yes. Seahawks DB's get away with murder, right?

look@dafilm

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":21tmay6y said:
LOL anyone that says the Vickerson call wasn't justified than I don't know what is wrong with you. He had NO reason at all to bump into Luck at all. The play was long over and done with and he had no forward momentum. Even if it was a flop, why did he chest bump luck from behind anyhow?

Dafilm enjoy watching the Whiners getting there ass dominated again this year and losing the division:)

I agree. Even if Luck "flopped" that was a completely unnecessary bump by the Colts defender, well after the play was over. It was a nice bump too. Completely stupid play by him.

And I'm not sure what you're referring to. The 49ers have won the division 2/2 years Harbaugh has been with the team. 1 play away from the super bowl one year and literally inches away from a SB win for the other. and as far as I can tell, the 49ers and Hawks have lost to the same team this year. The 49ers have the extra L after visiting Seattle, so we'll see how things fair in SF down the line.

btw, their/there/they're all mean different things. elementary school teaches you how to use them correctly, you might want to revisit that.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2zqchq1r said:
look@dafilm":2zqchq1r said:
cockeyhawk":2zqchq1r said:

Mostly. they definitely do in Seattle. I just find it incredibly ironic this fanbase is complaining about PI favoritism for a home team...

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Lol, no wonder they call you the FortyWhiners. Tell us more about all those wins you almost had.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
look@dafilm":1uf1xivt said:
-The Glove-":1uf1xivt said:
look@dafilm":1uf1xivt said:
cockeyhawk":1uf1xivt said:

Mostly. they definitely do in Seattle. I just find it incredibly ironic this fanbase is complaining about PI favoritism for a home team...

Complaining about what seems to be a new mentality of NFL players feigning contact to earn penalties. come on kiddo, read a bit.

BLEEDSBLUE

Reaction score
If you thought that penalty wasn't deserved, then you are nuts. He had no right to belly hit Luck from behind after the play. It was intentional that he wanted to hurt/mess with Luck. And would SEA be okay if that were Russell Wilson? That's what I thought...

aawolf

Reaction score
The Colts do have the same colors as Duke--you wanna see flopping as an art form? Check out the Blue Devil's basketball team. Battier has actually made a living at this skill in the NBA and taught it to LeBron and his Heat teammates.

Brahn

Reaction score
plyka":2hw8v48o said:
I'd like to give my personal congratulations to the NFL --due to your ridiculous new personal foul rules on roughing the passer / WRs in this league, we finally have a team which is teaching their players to flop for 15 yard penalties. This team is the Colts. They are now serial divers/flppers.

As Hawk fans we probably remember the Colt WR Hilton getting multiple pass interference calls by flopping like an International soccer player. I forget who was the defender, it may have been Sherman. Now I just saw their QB get one of the biggest personal foul calls of the season! Late in the fourth quarter, in his own endzone, Luck made a bad throw, they were getting ready to punt back to Denver (it may only have been 3rd and long). When a Denver defense of linemen, a good 3-4 seconds after Luck's throw, literally BUMBED into Luck. Luck dramatically threw himself to the turf and the officials threw a flag. As it just happened, I don't have a video but I'm positive all who watched the game saw the disgusting behavior by Luck.

This all comes from the ridiculous rule changes and calls by the NFL. Can this be in the future of the NFL? Top 10 soccer dives of 2012, the guy who grabs another guys hand and punches himself in the face only ranks as the 3rd best on this list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QBPGXJE86I

So the Colts are flopping for playing within the rules? Much like the Hawks DBs play within the rules to the letter and benefit from it. You are complaining about a late hit that was a late hit. Your issue seems to be with the fact Luck was hit late (Foul) and fell down (Smart Play / Would we not want Wilson to do that same?) Also notice what team won? Seems one team played 100% and the other team made mental errors.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
The guy did have plenty of time to not knock Luck over. I thought it was stupid call and stupid to run into him well after the ball was gone.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
I think the COLTs are paying big bucks to the NFL.. After a few calls yesterday and against us in our game against them, one can clearly see that the NFL want the colts and especially Luck to succed and be the face of the Organization. It used to be Manning, but Luck has replaced him for this role.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't care about the Luck play. Vickerson didn't have to do anything except execute a play, and he went beyond that.

HOWEVER, I brought up tha ti thought the Colts might be the best in the league at flopping to get PI. They look like rag dolls when touched and the pass is errant. When a coach has the sac to bring it up in a pre game presser the week before a game, like the Giants coach did when he talked about Justin Smith holding guys all the time, the league's eyes will focus on it. Til then, be prepared for the receivers to look like Ginobli.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawkx":304sazmv said:
I think the COLTs are paying big bucks to the NFL.. After a few calls yesterday and against us in our game against them, one can clearly see that the NFL want the colts and especially Luck to succed and be the face of the Organization. It used to be Manning, but Luck has replaced him for this role.

I don't think there's any real conspiracy or anything...but I changed my mind about wanting to see the Colts in the SB after thinking about it for this reason.

Latest posts