Congrats

pmedic920

Reaction score
rlkats":2ylv714q said:
Oh by the way. We still have 5 rings lol :sarcasm_on: :stirthepot:

In all seriousness good luck the rest of the season.

681f1ffd7d87206d028de53edfa50cfe.jpg

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
pmedic920":27azb4m4 said:
rlkats":27azb4m4 said:
Oh by the way. We still have 5 rings lol :sarcasm_on: :stirthepot:

In all seriousness good luck the rest of the season.

681f1ffd7d87206d028de53edfa50cfe.jpg

hahaha now thats funny as hell

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I hope that SF finds a little fire in their last two games. I keep hearing about Harbafreak leaving but that seems to be media driven, they have him out of town.
I think getting rid of Harbs would be a big mistake, if I was York I would look at whatever the deal is with Baalke and Harbs, if there is one at all and would send Baalke on his way before Harbs. When you think about it he has averaged 12 wins a year until this season and will likely be at least 500 im a season that the heart of their team was injured in Bowman and Willis. Yeah, they had others, but those two made the rest of a very good defense better than they should be.

I just can't see a "better" option at HC, the guy can coach. I think that York needs to get behind Harbs and give him another chance with a healthier team. The guy took a perennial loser to the NFCCG 3 times and had a chance to win the 2 he lost and the SB. It just seems like he could get one pass for a single season that previous coaches couldn't garner from the talent in that team.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":382gb5gg said:
I hope that SF finds a little fire in their last two games. I keep hearing about Harbafreak leaving but that seems to be media driven, they have him out of town.
I think getting rid of Harbs would be a big mistake, if I was York I would look at whatever the deal is with Baalke and Harbs, if there is one at all and would send Baalke on his way before Harbs. When you think about it he has averaged 12 wins a year until this season and will likely be at least 500 im a season that the heart of their team was injured in Bowman and Willis. Yeah, they had others, but those two made the rest of a very good defense better than they should be.

I just can't see a "better" option at HC, the guy can coach. I think that York needs to get behind Harbs and give him another chance with a healthier team. The guy took a perennial loser to the NFCCG 3 times and had a chance to win the 2 he lost and the SB. It just seems like he could get one pass for a single season that previous coaches couldn't garner from the talent in that team.

Rep

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Civility reigns on this board.

I'd love to see how fast rlkats would be ripped apart for saying his piece on webzone.

Amen to sportsmanship.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The entire thing is weird.

Harbaugh came in with a reputation of winning everywhere he went.

The 49ers had years of underachieving.

Under Harbaugh the 49ers became arguably the #2 team in the nation, if not at least in the top 4.

They went to a SuperBowl and came one play away from winning it. The next year the only thing that kept them from SB was the Seahawks' sudden surge - and even that came down to a last minute play. And remember that people were comparing last year's Hawks to the Bears of 85...so losing to them shouldn't be some fireable offense.

Is he just falling on his sword for Roman? Or is this York screwing up?

Teams go as their coaches go. Great coaches tend to win. Bad coaches generally lose. Getting rid of one of the top coaches in the league probably means a step down, not a step up. Again this reminds me of the Sonics firing George Karl because they were lired of him losing in the playoffs late. No problem, they just avoided the playoffs entirely.

I don't understand what they think is the upside here, but the odds are not looking good for the 49ers.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
seaNOmercy":19hfnbbi said:
Civility reigns on this board.

I'd love to see how fast rlkats would be ripped apart for saying his piece on webzone.

Amen to sportsmanship.

Thats why im not on the douche zone.

Largent80

Reaction score
Harbs is obviously a good coach, but sometimes they take too much of the blame just like a QB does. Look at a lot of great coaches that switched teams and found success. Chuck Knox comes to mind. He would be better off elsewhere in my opinion.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Couldn't get to a computer before now but ya, gratz on the sweep guys. Was tough to watch but not exactly unexpected.

Lots of pub right now over the roughing the passer call, and I think it was a bad call...but lets be real. If they don't get that call they still get a FG and the final score is 13-7. Niners couldn't do anything on offense after Gore and Hyde left the game and weren't stopping Lynch with Borland out of the game.

Sure sign you are in trouble? Play against Marshawn Lynch with your 3rd NT, along with your 3rd and 5th ILB (Wilhoite and Moody)...and for a down or 2 a safety (Bethea) playing ILB because that 3rd LB got hurt when blocked in the back punt return.

Another sign of the apocalypse? Alphonso Smith getting carries at crucial times.

Ouch.

Don't get me wrong here. No excuses. Very likely Seahawks win anyway...injuries this year just crazy. Its like watching a MASH unit every week. 13 players on IR. Gore, Hyde, Borland all hurt yesterday. Both starting corners out. Down to their 3rd Center (who is actually a guard - Joe Looney) and 2nd RT (ug, Jonathan Martin).

I'm just hoping they can get through these last two games without any more significant injuries.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Niners played hard.

With the right new coach and culture I could see the Niners rising again next year. Still plenty of talent on your roster, and get Kaepernick straightened out = 10-11 win season easy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yessir, congrats to the Hawks and good luck to them in the playoffs.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1tkiw9lr said:
Couldn't get to a computer before now but ya, gratz on the sweep guys. Was tough to watch but not exactly unexpected.

Lots of pub right now over the roughing the passer call, and I think it was a bad call...but lets be real. If they don't get that call they still get a FG and the final score is 13-7. Niners couldn't do anything on offense after Gore and Hyde left the game and weren't stopping Lynch with Borland out of the game.

Sure sign you are in trouble? Play against Marshawn Lynch with your 3rd NT, along with your 3rd and 5th ILB (Wilhoite and Moody)...and for a down or 2 a safety (Bethea) playing ILB because that 3rd LB got hurt when blocked in the back punt return.

Another sign of the apocalypse? Alphonso Smith getting carries at crucial times.

Ouch.

Don't get me wrong here. No excuses. Very likely Seahawks win anyway...injuries this year just crazy. Its like watching a MASH unit every week. 13 players on IR. Gore, Hyde, Borland all hurt yesterday. Both starting corners out. Down to their 3rd Center (who is actually a guard - Joe Looney) and 2nd RT (ug, Jonathan Martin).

I'm just hoping they can get through these last two games without any more significant injuries.

"No excuses, apart from this long list of excuses."

Classic Marvin.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":23s6g0k1 said:
It needs your attention, Marvin. You are its only succor.

I have it on ignore...so no idea what it said...nor do I care.

My guess is my screen is much prettier than yours...

Untitled zps557056ae

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Marvin being a sourpuss gives me energy. His tears are enriching. It's like a drug. Misery guts Marvin having a whinge is one hell of a rush.

Almost as good as a 49ers thrashing at the hands of Seattle. But it happens too often these days. We have a saying over here. "When there's always biscuits in the tin, where's the fun in biscuits?"

The sad thing is -- even he knows the gig is up now. No more apologist nonsense. Nothing left to defend. He'll probably go back to his Dawson's Creek messageboard for a nice big pick me up.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":b64aci4e said:
Marvin49":b64aci4e said:

Ouch.

Classic Marvin.
Lol...was gonna say the same thing...every "congratulatory" post from Mavis includes a sly mention of the refs and injuries

Marvin49

Reaction score
-The Glove-":t7ailw1q said:
theENGLISHseahawk":t7ailw1q said:
Marvin49":t7ailw1q said:

Ouch.

Classic Marvin.
Lol...was gonna say the same thing...every "congratulatory" post from Mavis includes a sly mention of the refs and injuries

Oh come on.

Seattle is better this year. Period. Chill.

...but lets be real...if Seattle was down as many players as SF was, you wouldn't even mention it? Come on.

You guys deserved the win and were better.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":fa3jdtha said:
Marvin being a sourpuss gives me energy. His tears are enriching. It's like a drug. Misery guts Marvin having a whinge is one hell of a rush.

Almost as good as a 49ers thrashing at the hands of Seattle. But it happens too often these days. We have a saying over here. "When there's always biscuits in the tin, where's the fun in biscuits?"

The sad thing is -- even he knows the gig is up now. No more apologist nonsense. Nothing left to defend. He'll probably go back to his Dawson's Creek messageboard for a nice big pick me up.
You know you've hit the big time English when you make Melvin's fictional ignore/foe list.
Well done sir! :th2thumbs:
I'll be sending your membership card in the mail. I hope you cherish it like I do mine. 8)
Membership has its privledges! :th2thumbs:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":2poc11lz said:
-The Glove-":2poc11lz said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2poc11lz said:
Marvin49":2poc11lz said:

Ouch.

Classic Marvin.

Oh come on.

Seattle is better this year. Period. Chill.

...but lets be real...if Seattle was down as many players as SF was, you wouldn't even mention it? Come on.

You guys deserved the win and were better.

I'm a little disappointed in you, Marv. You're rooting for the cowgirls to win the NFCC?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
-The Glove-":23fv3jnc said:
theENGLISHseahawk":23fv3jnc said:
Marvin49":23fv3jnc said:

Ouch.

Classic Marvin.
Yep, he can never make a statement without a preamble, qualifier and or excuse. He is the Hugh Mllen of niner trolls. 8)