Congrats

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigwrm":iy0aw0ja said:
Uncle Si":iy0aw0ja said:
Marvin49":iy0aw0ja said:
themunn":iy0aw0ja said:
How do you think the Niners offense would have played if you let Boldin go in the offseason, traded away Crabtree after 6 games, lost your first and second string TEs to IR and your third and fourth string TEs miss several games. Then you played with 4 different centers, watch Staley miss several games.

Your injuries on the defensive side are matched by our injuries on the offense. Except that the guys you've got coming in have played exceptionally, we've been taking guys off the street to snap the ball and play TE.

That doesn't mean that injuries to SF, Arizona, AND the Rams have NOTHING to do with the way this season has played out.

yeah, three teams have risen beyond their injuries and excuses and have exceeded what could be expected of them given all of those issues.

the other one?

The thing is, the niners have overcome their injury/suspension issues. Despite missing guys like Bowman, Willis, Smith, and Dorsey for most of the season, their defense was still one of the best. Kaepernick and the offense don't have the same excuse. They haven't drafted particularly well on offense, the playcalling has been puzzling, and guys like Kap, Davis, Iupati, Boone, Gore, and Crabtree have all regressed in a major way.

Now that's fair.

Protection due to injuries (Davis in particular) has been an issue all year, but playcalling and an inability to run the ball this year has been huge. Kap has to own some of his own struggles, but the scheme hasn't helped.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":2xk7lxf7 said:
Uncle Si":2xk7lxf7 said:
your reading comprehension needs work.

Injuries impacted all 4 teams. only 3 stepped up and worked through them.

broken records dont make music collections, Marvin. maybe time to change yours

Or maybe, just maybe, you could concede I'm not making an outlandish claim.

Nope...can't do that. I must be crazy regardless of what I'm saying.

what claim?

I said all 4 teams had distractions. 3 of them have overcome those distractions. one didnt. you misread it (because you didnt take the time before making your typical defensive assumptions)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
themunn":1udvd98e said:
Marvin49":1udvd98e said:
But just how well do you think the Seahawks would be this year if Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor played 13 of 48 starts? That's the equivalent of missing Aldon, Navorro and Pat.

I'm not even gonna get into missing both corners and the Nickel, missing the BACKUP to those ILBs, or worse being on their 3rd NT.

Now go play Lynch.

Speaking of Lynch, lets take him out too....and Turbin. That's what happened to the Niners this weekend.

Niners sucked this year. A lot of it had nothing to do with injuries...but the injuries were just nuts.

Cards? Yeah...they probably got some of the worst of it because they lost their QB. and backup. It'll probably cost them the division too.

How do you think the Niners offense would have played if you let Boldin go in the offseason, traded away Crabtree after 6 games, lost your first and second string TEs to IR and your third and fourth string TEs miss several games. Then you played with 4 different centers, watch Staley miss several games.

Your injuries on the defensive side are matched by our injuries on the offense. Except that the guys you've got coming in have played exceptionally, we've been taking guys off the street to snap the ball and play TE.
Winner and spot on.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":2mpc37s4 said:
lol.

Right. In injuries ONLY effected SF. OK.

When you play Lindley and Logan for the division lead this weekend I'll remember that.
Don't you play Lindley and Logan in two weeks? I mean, clearly not for the division lead, but still...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":vpsakvkr said:
Marvin49":vpsakvkr said:
lol.

When you play Lindley and Logan for the division lead this weekend I'll remember that.
Don't you play Lindley and Logan in two weeks? I mean, clearly not for the division lead, but still...

Yup. I'm sure it'll have an effect on the game as well.

themunn

Reaction score
At the end of the day, the Niners lost to the Raiders.

Even if you went out and got 53 free agents off the street today you could probably put out a team that would beat them.

You're just BAD. And you should really just sit back and be happy for that 3 year spell where you were good because the next decade is going to look like the decade prior to it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":brojobh2 said:
Uncle Si":brojobh2 said:
your reading comprehension needs work.

Injuries impacted all 4 teams. only 3 stepped up and worked through them.

Right. OK.

What is the Rams record?

Arizona was 9-1 yet Seattle can retake the lead in the division this week...How did that happen?

Every team in the NFC West has had injuries. Never said otherwise and at no point did I say they were the Niners ONLY issue.

Saying they have NO effect though is disingenuous.

IMO the Cards and Niners have been hit the hardest and Bruce Arians deserves to be coach of the year.

again, you struggle. its sad you cant even understand whats being posted.

all of these have had a serious impact on all 4 teams. the Rams going into last week were one of the hottest teams in the NFL, missing their starting QB from near the beginning of the year. that team has exceeded expectations. Seattle faced down locker room turmoil and injuries to half their defense and are one win away from the playoffs. the cardinals story is well documented.

The 9ers? they've simply faded into a punchline

you're simply too defensive about your team to have discussions with.

chris98251

Reaction score
Here ya go,

canstock16176622.jpg

Maybe you can get the person that Kissed this Boo Boo to kiss all yours too!

Kisses019

Largent80

Reaction score
rlkats":2q3fd2zh said:
Largent80":2q3fd2zh said:
^ and that doesn't even take into account that we had to install a NEW offense with the Harvin trade.

Hey largent im on board with you guys on the injuries to all teams. Its been a very beat up season.

One question how much did the hawks have to change the O. Due to the Harvin trade. He only played a handful of snaps. I remember reading alot of people complaining that bevel could not figure out how to use him.

He was mostly a diversionary figure in the offense. Once we used him in the SB running that jet sweep, this year we either ran that sweep or used it as a fake and it was not fooling teams. Also, the bubble screen, although Bevell kept running it for a while after he was traded with terrible results.

That has basically been shelved, although they did run 1 against you guys Sunday with a little different blocking scheme for a whopping 5 yards.

The route trees are basically the same as when he was here, but we have been running more R/O since.

Regarding injuries. IMO the NFL needs to up the amount of players on a roster. Players are way bigger/faster these days and injuries are inevitable. Every team suffers with this.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2yrii1gh said:
Marvin49":2yrii1gh said:
Scottemojo":2yrii1gh said:
Marvin49":2yrii1gh said:
lol.

*affect. Get on our level, please.

oops. :D

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":38axju9n said:
peachesenregalia":38axju9n said:
Marvin49":38axju9n said:
Scottemojo":38axju9n said:

You were right the first time. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Marvin's use of "effect" was correct. "Affect" is a verb, "Effect" is a noun that can be used as a verb, similar to the word "impact". Marvin was using the word in the latter manner, therefore "effect" is the correct usage. "Effect" basically means 'a result of'.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":210osovt said:
peachesenregalia":210osovt said:
Marvin49":210osovt said:

...Jesus Christ. Peaches, you are wrong. Marvin, you were right, but in your subsequent agreement with Peaches, you are now wrong also.

Effect was the correct word.

Both of you go stand in a corner until I say otherwise.

Kearly - high five, broseph.

kearly

Reaction score
hahahaha. I posted that like 2 seconds before you did because I wasn't sure if you'd see it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":3ay882rn said:
hahahaha. I posted that like 2 seconds before you did because I wasn't sure if you'd see it.
Hey, there's no such thing as too much duplicity when it comes to being a grammar Nazi. You're doing THE LORD'S work. Nice work beating me by a couple of seconds, I had to edit in the last line giving you props. :D

kearly

Reaction score
Really, it's just affect vs. effect that bugs me. A lot of people avoid using "effect" because they are afraid of being fried for it, even when they use it correctly.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":ryiab95a said:
Really, it's just affect vs. effect that bugs me. A lot of people avoid using "effect" because they are afraid of being fried for it, even when they use it correctly.
It's alright, Kip. You don't have to pretend that only one common grammatical mistake annoys you. Embrace your inner grammar Nazi. It feels good...

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":2292lpn5 said:

The ones that bugs me (even though I'm guilty of them at times because I'm typing too fast) are They're, There and Their as well as Your and You're.

I thought effect was correct when I typed it (obviously)...but I've been wrong on it enough that I wasn't gonna argue it when he corrected me. :D

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":33kpbkoa said:
kearly":33kpbkoa said:
Hey, there's no such thing as too much duplicity when it comes to being a grammar Nazi. You're doing THE LORD'S work. Nice work beating me by a couple of seconds, I had to edit in the last line giving you props. :D

Technically, I beat both of you to the punch.

(((Patting myself on the back)))

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Technically, Peaches never said he was wrong. Just wasn't on our level. Which, as it turns out, is lower, not higher. Probably not the affect Peaches was going for.

Latest posts