Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3lgkwa92 said:
Marvin49":3lgkwa92 said:
-The Glove-":3lgkwa92 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3lgkwa92 said:
"No excuses, apart from this long list of excuses."

Classic Marvin.
Lol...was gonna say the same thing...every "congratulatory" post from Mavis includes a sly mention of the refs and injuries

Oh come on.

Seattle is better this year. Period. Chill.

...but lets be real...if Seattle was down as many players as SF was, you wouldn't even mention it? Come on.

You guys deserved the win and were better.

I'm a little disappointed in you, Marv. You're rooting for the cowgirls to win the NFCC?

hehe.

I see you read my thread on Webzone. :)

Cowboys or Lions probably. NEVER thought I'd find myself rooting for the Cowboys. NEVER. I hate that team...but I don't want Seattle for the reasons I laid out there. I think Arizona is gonna get rolled by someone. NFC South? Please. Packers? Would be kinda funny to see them win it because they don't have to face SF, but I can't get behind GB...

...only leaves the Cowpokes and Lions.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2zym27sh said:
I'm also rooting for the Niners not to win the NFCCG.

Oh.... hang on....

Millions of starving comedians and your trying to be one.
;)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":3agjd5jb said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3agjd5jb said:

Oh.... hang on....

;)
I kind of liked it... But if you like I can concatenate a contribution to the fun. I just don't have the heart. I don't want Harbafreak to go and everyone in the business says he is gone. It has been fun these last few years and the Cards Homer Simpson'd their way into the playoffs.

I wanted to see the Hawks end the Niners season, but I never could have guessed it happened in week 15.

I'm kinda bummed, I suppose I would feel a lot better if I made a trip to the DenialZone, but it just won't be the same if the Hawks get in without the Niners. This was building up since the NFCCG last season and if they let Douchebaugh go it will ruin everything.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":us64eltf said:
-The Glove-":us64eltf said:
theENGLISHseahawk":us64eltf said:
Marvin49":us64eltf said:
Couldn't get to a computer before now but ya, gratz on the sweep guys. Was tough to watch but not exactly unexpected.

Lots of pub right now over the roughing the passer call, and I think it was a bad call...but lets be real. If they don't get that call they still get a FG and the final score is 13-7. Niners couldn't do anything on offense after Gore and Hyde left the game and weren't stopping Lynch with Borland out of the game.

Sure sign you are in trouble? Play against Marshawn Lynch with your 3rd NT, along with your 3rd and 5th ILB (Wilhoite and Moody)...and for a down or 2 a safety (Bethea) playing ILB because that 3rd LB got hurt when blocked in the back punt return.

Another sign of the apocalypse? Alphonso Smith getting carries at crucial times.

Ouch.

Don't get me wrong here. No excuses. Very likely Seahawks win anyway...injuries this year just crazy. Its like watching a MASH unit every week. 13 players on IR. Gore, Hyde, Borland all hurt yesterday. Both starting corners out. Down to their 3rd Center (who is actually a guard - Joe Looney) and 2nd RT (ug, Jonathan Martin).

I'm just hoping they can get through these last two games without any more significant injuries.

Classic Marvin.
Lol...was gonna say the same thing...every "congratulatory" post from Mavis includes a sly mention of the refs and injuries

Oh come on.

...but lets be real...if Seattle was down as many players as SF was, you wouldn't even mention it? Come on.

You're right...those poor Niners. Taking on injuries way more than any other team in the NFL...I mean look at the Cardinals and Seahawks and how fortunate they've been to stay healthy all season

Marvin49

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3le00xsv said:
Marvin49":3le00xsv said:
-The Glove-":3le00xsv said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3le00xsv said:

Classic Marvin.

Oh come on.

You're right...those poor Niners. Taking on injuries way more than any other team in the NFL...I mean look at the Cardinals and Seahawks and how fortunate they've been to stay healthy all season

It ain't all injuries...the Cards in particular have been hammered...

But just how well do you think the Seahawks would be this year if Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor played 13 of 48 starts? That's the equivalent of missing Aldon, Navorro and Pat.

I'm not even gonna get into missing both corners and the Nickel, missing the BACKUP to those ILBs, or worse being on their 3rd NT.

Now go play Lynch.

Speaking of Lynch, lets take him out too....and Turbin. That's what happened to the Niners this weekend.

Niners sucked this year. A lot of it had nothing to do with injuries...but the injuries were just nuts.

Cards? Yeah...they probably got some of the worst of it because they lost their QB. and backup. It'll probably cost them the division too.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":3e9rx566 said:

But just how well do you think the Seahawks would be this year if Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor played 13 of 48 starts? That's the equivalent of missing Aldon, Navorro and Pat.

I'm not even gonna get into missing both corners and the Nickel, missing the BACKUP to those ILBs, or worse being on their 3rd NT.

Now go play Lynch.

Speaking of Lynch, lets take him out too....and Turbin. That's what happened to the Niners this weekend.

Niners sucked this year. A lot of it had nothing to do with injuries...but the injuries were just nuts.

Cards? Yeah...they probably got some of the worst of it because they lost their QB. and backup. It'll probably cost them the division too.

Let's play that game.

And then lets play the game on the field. Do you know how many injuries the Hawks had last season while WINNING IT ALL, AND BEING THE MOST PENALIZED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE?

We have the depth to cover them, you thought you had that same depth based on all the "Stolen Draft Picks", "Stashed Draft Picks", "Most Talent Team in the League". Difference is we knew what we had because we seen our young guys play. Your coaching staff restricts playing time for the young guys, thus you make your early "Talent" calls based on speculation and straight homer-isms. I mean still waiting on Tank to become that HOF ALL PRO we have been hearing about for ever. How many snap this year?

In the words of the great tactician you lost the battle before it started.

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle."

-Sun Tzu

You play the teams they schedule and you play the game with the players you have. Everything else is random for everybody.

"Just Win Baby"

- Al Davis

"Kaepernick is trash"

-Me

themunn

Reaction score
Marvin49":2x5hqebv said:

Now go play Lynch.

How do you think the Niners offense would have played if you let Boldin go in the offseason, traded away Crabtree after 6 games, lost your first and second string TEs to IR and your third and fourth string TEs miss several games. Then you played with 4 different centers, watch Staley miss several games.

Your injuries on the defensive side are matched by our injuries on the offense. Except that the guys you've got coming in have played exceptionally, we've been taking guys off the street to snap the ball and play TE.

Largent80

Reaction score
^ and that doesn't even take into account that we had to install a NEW offense with the Harvin trade.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":18yqp2sy said:
rlkats":18yqp2sy said:
theENGLISHseahawk":18yqp2sy said:

Oh.... hang on....

;)
I kind of liked it... But if you like I can concatenate a contribution to the fun. I just don't have the heart. I don't want Harbafreak to go and everyone in the business says he is gone. It has been fun these last few years and the Cards Homer Simpson'd their way into the playoffs.

I wanted to see the Hawks end the Niners season, but I never could have guessed it happened in week 15.

I'm kinda bummed, I suppose I would feel a lot better if I made a trip to the DenialZone, but it just won't be the same if the Hawks get in without the Niners. This was building up since the NFCCG last season and if they let Douchebaugh go it will ruin everything.

Lol. I was just having fun with him loaf.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
Largent80":86y1oi4a said:
^ and that doesn't even take into account that we had to install a NEW offense with the Harvin trade.

Hey largent im on board with you guys on the injuries to all teams. Its been a very beat up season.

One question how much did the hawks have to change the O. Due to the Harvin trade. He only played a handful of snaps. I remember reading alot of people complaining that bevel could not figure out how to use him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":1xjj5gu0 said:
-The Glove-":1xjj5gu0 said:
Marvin49":1xjj5gu0 said:
-The Glove-":1xjj5gu0 said:
theENGLISHseahawk said:

Classic Marvin.

Oh come on.

Now go play Lynch.

[emoji1] [emoji1]

Marvin49

Reaction score
themunn":hl5jente said:
Marvin49":hl5jente said:

Now go play Lynch.

How do you think the Niners offense would have played if you let Boldin go in the offseason, traded away Crabtree after 6 games, lost your first and second string TEs to IR and your third and fourth string TEs miss several games. Then you played with 4 different centers, watch Staley miss several games.

Your injuries on the defensive side are matched by our injuries on the offense. Except that the guys you've got coming in have played exceptionally, we've been taking guys off the street to snap the ball and play TE.

We can do this all day.

Niners let both starting corners and the SS walk in free agency.

They then lost both the remaining corners AND the nickel.

TE? Starter is a shadow of himself with a back injury, #2 TE on IR, #3 TE on IR, #4 TE injured all year, came back vs Raiders and promptly hurt his Ankle vs Seattle which meant the #5 TE played most of the game.

Center? Niners lost one in FA, another to a broken ankle, another to a knee, and started a backup guard (Joe Looney) on Sunday at Center. RT Anthony Davis has played like 1 game all year and they've had Jonathan Martin out there playing the role of a turnstile.

They came into the season With Gore, Hyde, James, Hunter, and Lattimore at RB. In the second half every one of those guys was unavailable. They were giving carries to Alphonso Smith who wasn't on the roster till 2 weeks ago.

ILB? Not only was Willis and Bowman out, but they lost Borland as well. They actually didn't have enough ILBs on the roster for a few plays so Bethea had to fill in.

I just want to be clear here. Niners have a ton of non-injury related problems (play calling, Kap underperforming, Coaching turmoil), but if you think injuries have NOTHING to do with it...I just don't know what to tell ya.

Seattle is the best team in the division. No question.

That doesn't mean that injuries to SF, Arizona, AND the Rams have NOTHING to do with the way this season has played out.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":1glrhw1z said:
themunn":1glrhw1z said:
Marvin49":1glrhw1z said:

Now go play Lynch.

That doesn't mean that injuries to SF, Arizona, AND the Rams have NOTHING to do with the way this season has played out.

yeah, three teams have risen beyond their injuries and excuses and have exceeded what could be expected of them given all of those issues.

the other one?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Marvin49":2nnfbl9n said:
themunn":2nnfbl9n said:
Marvin49":2nnfbl9n said:

Now go play Lynch.

We can do this all day.

Clearly...you can and probably will

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2r62z3yu said:
Marvin49":2r62z3yu said:
themunn":2r62z3yu said:
Marvin49":2r62z3yu said:

Now go play Lynch.

yeah, three teams have risen beyond their injuries and excuses and have exceeded what could be expected of them given all of those issues.

the other one?

lol.

Right. In injuries ONLY effected SF. OK.

When you play Lindley and Logan for the division lead this weekend I'll remember that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
your reading comprehension needs work.

Injuries impacted all 4 teams. only 3 stepped up and worked through them.

broken records dont make music collections, Marvin. maybe time to change yours

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2uqh22pu said:

Right. OK.

What is the Rams record?

Arizona was 9-1 yet Seattle can retake the lead in the division this week...How did that happen?

Every team in the NFC West has had injuries. Never said otherwise and at no point did I say they were the Niners ONLY issue.

Saying they have NO effect though is disingenuous.

IMO the Cards and Niners have been hit the hardest and Bruce Arians deserves to be coach of the year.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Uncle Si":bua01v5g said:
Marvin49":bua01v5g said:
themunn":bua01v5g said:
Marvin49":bua01v5g said:

Now go play Lynch.

the other one?

The thing is, the niners have overcome their injury/suspension issues. Despite missing guys like Bowman, Willis, Smith, and Dorsey for most of the season, their defense was still one of the best. Kaepernick and the offense don't have the same excuse. They haven't drafted particularly well on offense, the playcalling has been puzzling, and guys like Kap, Davis, Iupati, Boone, Gore, and Crabtree have all regressed in a major way.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1jjdb66q said:

broken records dont make music collections, Marvin. maybe time to change yours

Or maybe, just maybe, you could concede I'm not making an outlandish claim.

Nope...can't do that. I must be crazy regardless of what I'm saying.