Congrats

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1dhu9k11 said:
Technically, Peaches never said he was wrong. Just wasn't on our level. Which, as it turns out, is lower, not higher. Probably not the affect Peaches was going for.

Not sure if this was your intent but . . . nice.

af·fect noun \ˈa-ˌfekt\
Definition of AFFECT
: the conscious subjective aspect of an emotion considered apart from bodily changes; also : a set of observable manifestations of a subjectively experienced emotion

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Way to lower the .NET bar, Peaches. I thought only one other poster with a name that starts with "Pe" could do that so effectively...Or should I say, "affectively"? 8)

@Hawknation2014, Scotte did it on purpose.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Dear Marvin49: Please read the first post in the following thread I've put up a link to and then come back and cry some more about injuries and player losses affecting Frisco. Seriously, be freakin' real and read this and then comment either on this thread or the one I've linked to.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103400&p=1508188#p1508188

Roland and Kearly: did I use "affecting" correctly? :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3g33onwt said:
Dear Marvin49: Please read the first post in the following thread I've put up a link to and then come back and cry some more about injuries and player losses affecting Frisco. Seriously, be freakin' real and read this and then comment either on this thread or the one I've linked to.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103400&p=1508188#p1508188

Roland and Kearly: did I use "affecting" correctly? :D

Seriously?

That's a lot of injuries...but I don't think it's nearly as bad.

I could put together my own list here but I doubt anyone would care enough to read it.

I've never seen a Niner team as thrashed as the one this year...but AGIAN its is by a long shot not their only problem and is not the only reason they are losing.

Let me just ask it this way...

...How many All-Pro or Pro Bowl players are you guys missing or have missed over 50% of the season (For the Niners its 3, all at LB)? How many positions have been thoroughly decimated to the point of pulling people off the street (for the Niners its 4 - TE, DB, LB, and RB)? Don't answer "Center" or "Fullback" either because I'm talking complete position group. Niners have lost 2 Centers as well.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Marvin short version of your injuries is a lot of missed games to vets some of which are AARP eligible. You put up a post like the one above ask a question then try to say how we can answer it. Bowman was realistically expected to be out a year. Willis is not young see AARP eligible. Some of your replacements have filled in awesome. We have had injuries Burley wasn't in the plans to start the season he has filled in great but he's not Maxwell. REM put it best "Everybody Hurts" get over it that is not the sole reason 49ers are 7-7.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2ewhrrr7 said:
Technically, Peaches never said he was wrong. Just wasn't on our level. Which, as it turns out, is lower, not higher. Probably not the affect Peaches was going for.

An non-living thing (a football game) can't be affected in terms of the alternative emotional definition of affect. I know you know that, I just don't think the joke works. It was just a mix-up by Peaches.

But that said, let us put the blame where it belongs. Ask anyone who is learning English as a non-native language and they will tell you it is one of the toughest. How many languages have as many issues with misspelled or misused words? Even fluid, educated, native speakers can make mistakes on a daily basis. English is a cool language, but it is flawed as heck. I barely speak Spanish and I would feel safer writing in that language without spellcheck than English.

Marvin49

Reaction score
homerun1970":1ly0n71f said:
Marvin short version of your injuries is a lot of missed games to vets some of which are AARP eligible. You put up a post like the one above ask a question then try to say how we can answer it. Bowman was realistically expected to be out a year. Willis is not young see AARP eligible. Some of your replacements have filled in awesome. We have had injuries Burley wasn't in the plans to start the season he has filled in great but he's not Maxwell. REM put it best "Everybody Hurts" get over it that is not the sole reason 49ers are 7-7.

Jeez.

This isn't pointed at you specifically...but I wish the target didn't keep moving.

Either Baalke sucks or he's good because the backups performed admirably. It can't be both. I have one fan arguing that he's terrible and another telling me it wasn't a big deal all those guys were out because the rookies he drafted are good.

So...which is it?

Bottom line tho...this whole thing has gotten sidetracked.

My intent when this started was that I was congratulating you guys on the sweep. Gratz. I'll just leave it at that and be done with it.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
Largent80":30b1vqqj said:
rlkats":30b1vqqj said:
Largent80":30b1vqqj said:
^ and that doesn't even take into account that we had to install a NEW offense with the Harvin trade.

Hey largent im on board with you guys on the injuries to all teams. Its been a very beat up season.

One question how much did the hawks have to change the O. Due to the Harvin trade. He only played a handful of snaps. I remember reading alot of people complaining that bevel could not figure out how to use him.

He was mostly a diversionary figure in the offense. Once we used him in the SB running that jet sweep, this year we either ran that sweep or used it as a fake and it was not fooling teams. Also, the bubble screen, although Bevell kept running it for a while after he was traded with terrible results.

That has basically been shelved, although they did run 1 against you guys Sunday with a little different blocking scheme for a whopping 5 yards.

The route trees are basically the same as when he was here, but we have been running more R/O since.

Regarding injuries. IMO the NFL needs to up the amount of players on a roster. Players are way bigger/faster these days and injuries are inevitable. Every team suffers with this.

Oh I see. Cool

ya the rosters need to be bigger for sure.

But for the record to all posting on this post. Injuries are a factor but good coaching, drafting, and talent will always overcome injuries.

The reason my Niners will miss the playoffs is 100% bad execution and QB play. The D was rock solid even with all the injuries. So the injury excuse is pure bull crap.

The Offense completely let the team down. Plain and simple.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":37kwcpuo said:
Largent80":37kwcpuo said:
rlkats":37kwcpuo said:
Largent80":37kwcpuo said:
^ and that doesn't even take into account that we had to install a NEW offense with the Harvin trade.

Hey largent im on board with you guys on the injuries to all teams. Its been a very beat up season.

One question how much did the hawks have to change the O. Due to the Harvin trade. He only played a handful of snaps. I remember reading alot of people complaining that bevel could not figure out how to use him.

He was mostly a diversionary figure in the offense. Once we used him in the SB running that jet sweep, this year we either ran that sweep or used it as a fake and it was not fooling teams. Also, the bubble screen, although Bevell kept running it for a while after he was traded with terrible results.

That has basically been shelved, although they did run 1 against you guys Sunday with a little different blocking scheme for a whopping 5 yards.

The route trees are basically the same as when he was here, but we have been running more R/O since.

Regarding injuries. IMO the NFL needs to up the amount of players on a roster. Players are way bigger/faster these days and injuries are inevitable. Every team suffers with this.

Oh I see. Cool

ya the rosters need to be bigger for sure.

But for the record to all posting on this post. Injuries are a factor but good coaching, drafting, and talent will always overcome injuries.

The reason my Niners will miss the playoffs is 100% bad execution and QB play. The D was rock solid even with all the injuries. So the injury excuse is pure bull crap.

The Offense completely let the team down. Plain and simple.

As I said all along, the injuries were significant, but there were ALOT of issues with the team this year that had nothing to do with the injuries.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin bro please drop the injury thing. There is no reason to even bring it up. Our D is a top 10 even with the issues. Our O is a big stinky pile of shit and before the hawk game minimal injuries. And horrible horrible horrible coaching and QB play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1dg0ewgd said:
kearly":1dg0ewgd said:
Really, it's just affect vs. effect that bugs me. A lot of people avoid using "effect" because they are afraid of being fried for it, even when they use it correctly.
It's alright, Kip. You don't have to pretend that only one common grammatical mistake annoys you. Embrace your inner grammar Nazi. It feels good...
Don't do it Kip, it's a trick! 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":1vemmyfm said:
Marvin bro please drop the injury thing. There is no reason to even bring it up. Our D is a top 10 even with the issues. Our O is a big stinky pile of shit and before the hawk game minimal injuries. And horrible horrible horrible coaching and QB play.
^ This niner fan "gets it", wish there were more like you Rlkats! :th2thumbs:

NINEster

Reaction score
I think the injury thing is valid if we're talking about seeing the 49ers advance deep into the post season, but for regular season wins, it's not as big a deal after seeing the Niners advance to 7-4.

I would agree that the Niners with the current state of offense/season most likely wasn't going to win this game in Seattle unless Reid had managed to bring that pick all the way back for a TD. Then maybe.

It would have been possible, just tough. The injuries to Gore/Hyde/Borland and the roughing the passer call just made it impossible.

But I got what I wanted from this game.....a tough competitive game from the Niners, some actual rushing output for a change in Seattle, and a nice little treat with a Gore TD (extra nice that it was on 4th down and so many yards out). Also nice to see 0 interceptions from Kaepernick, and a better played game overall.

The only thing that really bothered me was after seeing Gore hurt, I was hoping to see how Hyde would look running out of all formations. Sadly that didn't last very long.

This 49er team biggest reason for going nowhere this year really comes down to the adjustments. Tale of two halves....SF better in the first, Seattle better in the second. A 4 point lead is not enough of a cushion to win against a very good team.

We'll see what happens next year.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think everyone here knows injury problems are helped by quality depth and that is the challenge of the draft and FA pickups in the salary cap era. A LOT of it falls on the F.O. and how the coach builds a team based on scheme. Coach, scouting dept. and F.O. need to be on the same page

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NINEster":3d4gfvt9 said:
We'll see what happens next year.

More prolonged misery, I'd suggest.

Harbaugh dragged an underachieving team into relevance.

And now he'll be gone. Because he's an intolerable douche nobody can stand to be around for more than a few years.

Still, what a coach. What a damn fine coach. And there's no doubt he'll go to Oakland, Miami, Chicago or Michigan and completely turn things around almost immediately. Just like he did in San Fran.

Jim Tomsula is going to send you back five years.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":1ivxdtac said:
I think everyone here knows injury problems are helped by quality depth and that is the challenge of the draft and FA pickups in the salary cap era. A LOT of it falls on the F.O. and how the coach builds a team based on scheme. Coach, scouting dept. and F.O. need to be on the same page

this is correct and ay point i tried making earlier in the thread. The problem isnt just injuries or distractions. They happen to all teams. success comes in overcoming them. All 4 teams in the West have had significant injuries/distractions. The Cardinals have done an amazing job all season pushing through. The Rams have been giant slayers and played well above their expectations despite not having a true NFL QB at the helm. The Seahawks have waited out their injuries plus whatever impact can be attributed to the Harvin thing and are poised for at worst a return to the playoffs.

The 9ers?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":1sbk46hf said:
loafoftatupu":1sbk46hf said:
rlkats":1sbk46hf said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1sbk46hf said:
I'm also rooting for the Niners not to win the NFCCG.

Oh.... hang on....

Millions of starving comedians and your trying to be one.
;)
I kind of liked it... But if you like I can concatenate a contribution to the fun. I just don't have the heart. I don't want Harbafreak to go and everyone in the business says he is gone. It has been fun these last few years and the Cards Homer Simpson'd their way into the playoffs.

I wanted to see the Hawks end the Niners season, but I never could have guessed it happened in week 15.

I'm kinda bummed, I suppose I would feel a lot better if I made a trip to the DenialZone, but it just won't be the same if the Hawks get in without the Niners. This was building up since the NFCCG last season and if they let Douchebaugh go it will ruin everything.

Lol. I was just having fun with him loaf.

I know. But I am saddened. If Douchebaugh is gone, it will tear me up.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Uh, oh....It continues for the Niners. Goodbye Ray McDonald.

Latest posts