Could Payton be worse than Hackett?

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The Broncos defense has regressed from last year which doesn't bold well for them. Bronco fans seem pretty upset at their DC right now. Gonna be interesting to see how they handle playing vs the Dolphins. It could get brutal.

keasley45

Reaction score
I'm more shocked at how brutal the Denver defense is. Bru-Tal
Its not bad. They dominated most of the first half.

Bro, i'm telling you. the Donks are suffering the same symptoms we did for years. They were out possessed 34 minutes to 26 and still behind in possession despite being up by 18.

If your O scores quickly on big plays, but cant sustain drives, your D is on the field far more than it should be. Russ did Russ Sunday. He hit on explosives and then crapped the bed on 3rd down and torpedoed a few key possessions. So his statline looked great for a bit... and then, like us in '21, the 2nd half happened, defenses tightened down on the over the top stuff, and he was solved.

And the WORST part about it for the Donks is that their defense now knows that they can expect to get little rest in games. And if thats the case, an 18 point spot isnt even enough. 1 or 2 more games like this and Russ will have a mutiny on his hands.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Wilson has actually looked much better through two games this year. I don't think he will be top 2-3 like he was for stretches while with Seattle but he's not the disaster he was last year either. I think Denver has some rebuilding to do and it will be a process.

The ending of that game was wild and the 60 yard hail mary was incredible.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Wilson has actually looked much better through two games this year. I don't think he will be top 2-3 like he was for stretches while with Seattle but he's not the disaster he was last year either. I think Denver has some rebuilding to do and it will be a process.

Yes and no. He's still taking a ton of unnecessary hits, sacked 7 times yesterday. At this rate he isn't going to make it through the season. He will have games with some good throws, but his top 10 QB days are gone.

keasley45

Reaction score

Wilson was awful outside of his splash plays. He started 5-6 or something like that, and then followed with 5 - 12. With zero TDs, a fumble and an int.

If it's not a PA splash or him dealing off of a broken play, he's bottom half of the league.

Payton is openly suggesting Russ wear a wristband because of tye inefficiency in getting to the line on time.

R

Ozzy

Reaction score
That's not true he had 2 touchdowns before a pick.

Either way Russ was a monster while here and I have zero issues with people wanting him to fall flat even if that's not me because I get it but when people act like he was trash here when he was near the top of the league for a decade then it gets a little goofy. So again root for him to suck, I don't care and that's a part of what makes being a fan fun, but to act like he wasn't really good for a really long time because we're mad at him then I start to break from the rank.

I watched a portion of that game, I don't think Wilson looked awful at all and as for the wristband Payton has always had his QB's do that as does most of the league, its not because he thinks Russ is stupid lol

rjdriver

Reaction score
Payton is openly suggesting Russ wear a wristband because of tye inefficiency in getting to the line on time.
I saw that..

Russ is still having a hard time getting the play settled and in on time which is infuriating Payton (although he publicly claimed joint responsibility so as not to throw shade at Russ's ego). Remember, Pete wanted the same thing but apparently Russ refused.

Russ needs to see this as an business opportunity. He can trademark his new "Russband". On one side he can stitch in his social media handles and the other side can have some Gospel verse comparing himself to Daniel and the lions den. They will sell like hotcakes in his new boutiques he owns with Ciara.

Last edited:

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Yes and no. He's still taking a ton of unnecessary hits, sacked 7 times yesterday. At this rate he isn't going to make it through the season. He will have games with some good throws, but his top 10 QB days are gone.
This is an element of Wilson's game that gets overlooked. OL don't suddenly forget how to play when he comes to town, Russell Wilson takes a ton of sacks. My theory is that he's been so spoiled with a great defense most of his career, he doesn't worry about moving the chains until it's do-or-die time.

I've said this before, but if Wilson had decided to lead the league in first downs he could have erased Brady. As is, I see him as a liability -- demanding 1/3 of a team's cap without playing team ball -- and a decent, but not hall-worthy QB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wilson will do Wilson and obviously Ciiera and Sean Peyton isn't all that without Drew Brees. Typically a coaches success is directly connected to who his quarterback is. No question Pete can coach up quarterbacks possibly better then Andy Reid but the reason he needs to retire is never adjusted while Andy Reid just works with Mahomes every week and messes with people.

But the bullshit DC'S are ruining his entire legacy. He needs an actual DC just stop thinking you understand the modern NFL (definitely and stay in your lane Grandpa for 2 more years!) so we can really clean house.

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Its not bad. They dominated most of the first half.

Bro, i'm telling you. the Donks are suffering the same symptoms we did for years. They were out possessed 34 minutes to 26 and still behind in possession despite being up by 18.

If your O scores quickly on big plays, but cant sustain drives, your D is on the field far more than it should be. Russ did Russ Sunday. He hit on explosives and then crapped the bed on 3rd down and torpedoed a few key possessions. So his statline looked great for a bit... and then, like us in '21, the 2nd half happened, defenses tightened down on the over the top stuff, and he was solved.

And the WORST part about it for the Donks is that their defense now knows that they can expect to get little rest in games. And if thats the case, an 18 point spot isnt even enough. 1 or 2 more games like this and Russ will have a mutiny on his hands.
Mutiny at game 4!

Called it in the preseason.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Russ needs to see this as an business opportunity. He can trademark his new "Russband". On one side he can stitch in his social media handles and the other side can have some Gospel verse comparing him to Daniel and the lions den. They will sell like hotcakes in his new boutiques he owns with Ciara.

LMFAO. ;)

Like him asking Kelce if Harry Potter fans were going to hell.

I like the Daniel and the lions den thing!