COWGIRLS CAN WHINE ALL THEY WANT

jkitsune

Reaction score
KatarHol":32853aqg said:
It is amazing how many people do not understand the rule that requires a catch to be completed throughout the fall. Extremely simple rule to understand, and that play was correctly determined to be incomplete. From the moment he touched the ground he was falling, and the ground knocked the ball loose.

If he had broken the plane while lunging forward, they'd have called it a TD despite it being knocked out by the ground when he hit it. The rule is called inconsistently, so it's easy to get confused about what constitutes a catch.

homerun1970

Reaction score
If the ball breakks the endzone plane its a different matter as soon as it breaks the plane the play is over.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Or they can have the catch, and even the TD that comes from making the catch - just have them give back the BS TD that was HANDED to them after a ridiculous pass interference call in the endzone against the Packers when their feet got tangled.

Frankly, if you are stupid enough on 4th & 2 to try for a 40 yard jump pass to a covered WR on the sideline? You deserve what you get.

They didn't get "screwed" the 50/50 calls balanced out. That kind of a play is a 50/50 call as far as officiating. Maybe less. And the ridiculous PI was a 50/50 call (it shouldn't have even been that).

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I called it on the first slow mo. It clearly wasn't controlled through the catch and there was no football move, so It was incomplete period.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
As everyone has said, by rule, it wasn't a catch. Dez and the Cowgirls can whine, bitch and moan all they want, it's the rule whether people like it or not.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
jkitsune":1tb3rf5m said:
If he had broken the plane while lunging forward, they'd have called it a TD despite it being knocked out by the ground when he hit it.

homerun1970":1tb3rf5m said:
If the ball breakks the endzone plane its a different matter as soon as it breaks the plane the play is over.

That is simply not true. You still have to catch it before breaking the plane matters, and he still didn't. He still has to complete the catch. It was incomplete whether he broke the plane or not.

White Devil

Reaction score
I think the misunderstanding comes from saying 2 1/2 feet down while reaching for the goal line is a football move.

If you are stumbling during the process of making the catch, doesn't matter if it's 10 awkward out of balance steps, or 2, the catch isn't complete until you finish the momentum of the action. If he established more control and then reached out it would have been a catch.

So the act of stretching for the goal, while a great heads up play if successful, is also the cause of the catch being incomplete. It's just like reaching for the pylon but losing control of the ball and the TD becoming a Touchback.

Risk.

Reward.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Chawks1":6kerxqu8 said:
KatarHol":6kerxqu8 said:
It is amazing how many people do not understand the rule that requires a catch to be completed throughout the fall. Extremely simple rule to understand, and that play was correctly determined to be incomplete. From the moment he touched the ground he was falling, and the ground knocked the ball loose.

Calvin Johnson rule. Completely legit. Even similar to Earl Thomas int yesterday vs Panthers that was called back.

Right call.

I believe that Thomas's was more of a catch than Bryant's. Thomas hit his back first then rolled and the ball hit the ground and came loose. Bryant hit the ball on the ground it bounced out and he re-caught it. It is pretty funny how BAD everyone (media) wanted Dallas to win and Seattle to lose. We Barely got an ounce of coverage after smoking the Panthers this morning on ESPN or the NFL network. Not a single person has mentioned Thomas's non-int last night when it was the same exact thing. No one is outraged because Seattle won. Well America's team you can suck it, have fun watching from home.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
White Devil":1do2ir3b said:
I think the misunderstanding comes from saying 2 1/2 feet down while reaching for the goal line is a football move.

If you are stumbling during the process of making the catch, doesn't matter if it's 10 awkward out of balance steps, or 2, the catch isn't complete until you finish the momentum of the action. If he established more control and then reached out it would have been a catch.

So the act of stretching for the goal, while a great heads up play if successful, is also the cause of the catch being incomplete. It's just like reaching for the pylon but losing control of the ball and the TD becoming a Touchback.

Risk.

Reward.
This... He didn't take 2, 3 steps as many are saying. He's stumbling down to the ground in the process of trying to complete the catch.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This one wasn't even that close. I thought Earl's almost-INT from last night was a lot closer than Bryant's. The ball popped up like half a foot from the ground.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely the correct call and they have been calling it ever since Calvin Johnsons reversed catch for a td..Dez got greedy and tried to make more ..All he had to do was cradle the rock at the 2-3 yrd line..

homerun1970

Reaction score
Jeremy517":38asupz9 said:
jkitsune":38asupz9 said:
If he had broken the plane while lunging forward, they'd have called it a TD despite it being knocked out by the ground when he hit it.

homerun1970":38asupz9 said:

That is simply not true. You still have to catch it before breaking the plane matters, and he still didn't. He still has to complete the catch. It was incomplete whether he broke the plane or not.

Guess I should have added more context if you break the plane with the ball in your control play is over. I was tryong to point out that it was different than Dez non catch.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Give me a break. Happens to Earl Thomas, not a peep yesterday by the talking heads. Happens to Dez Bryant and the Cryboys and all of the sudden we need to change the rule.

The Crygirls fans are delusional. I had a friend post incessantly on Facebook about how the refs weren't favoring big D and wouldn't you know it...he's crying about the rule. Shocking

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":uv2bbnkl said:
Wait, is this the catch we're talking about here?

B7G4gcBIYAASJ7w

I would say there was a catch, 2 steps, and a stretch for the end zone, with the right elbow and forearm down on the ground which ended the play while he had control of the ball. This was where the ref marked him as being down by contact.

After being down by contact, he rolled, bobbled the ball and then you have your picture.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":30vlk0oy said:
When you live by officiating you die by officiating.
Too bad, so sad, bye bye uncle Jerruh! 8)
Couldn't happen to a more arrogant fanbase!
:th2thumbs:
And I am very proud to say that my father's 1st cousin was the replay official for the game. My family screwed Dallass!! My most hated team.
1526805424269353 3134388862419818348 n zps3bc2c82e

sturg78

Reaction score
falcongoggles":f9j0smcb said:
Give me a break. Happens to Earl Thomas, not a peep yesterday by the talking heads. Happens to Dez Bryant and the Cryboys and all of the sudden we need to change the rule.

The Crygirls fans are delusional. I had a friend post incessantly on Facebook about how the refs weren't favoring big D and wouldn't you know it...he's crying about the rule. Shocking
Happened to ET in what turned out to be a blowout. Happened to the cowboys with the game on the line. I understand it getting more coverage.

Latest posts