Dallas fans irate, "We deserve the #1 seed"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":n2yfzfvf said:
but the Super Bowl champ Hawks looking past the Cardinals or Panthers makes a lot more sense than the Cowboys looking past the Lions, IMO.
Makes more sense? :roll:
Yeah, if you're a 4th grader.....MAYBE.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2t0q2un1 said:
Popeyejones":2t0q2un1 said:
but the Super Bowl champ Hawks looking past the Cardinals or Panthers makes a lot more sense than the Cowboys looking past the Lions, IMO.

Never mind this one, he is just trying to stir the pot since they have nothing left to cheer for.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Remember the Romo-Bobble? Now that game was not over by any means if Dallas kicks the FG, but they certainly needed it to have a chance to win.

The Dallas fans were all over the "slick" ball conspiracy. They cried into the next offseason about that. If they wanted HFA, don't lose to Mark Sanchez at home, or the Skins. The Cowboys made their bed and had to win more games than GB and Seattle but didn't. The Hawks won the Super Bowl and went 12-4 with a target on their back, the Packers won 12 without a defense and Detroit in their division.

Win more games Dallas.

253hawk

Reaction score
You lose to Colt McCoy in your own house on prime time...I've got nothing for ya.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1l82m7xe said:
scutterhawk":1l82m7xe said:
Popeyejones":1l82m7xe said:

Never mind this one, he is just trying to stir the pot since they have nothing left to cheer for.

Stirring the pot by saying that I doubt any team is overlooking any other team? What an insulting and edgy position for me to take.

Or stirring the pot by saying even though I doubt anyone is overlooking anyone else, it would reasonably be the highest seed overlooking the lowest seed, which will be one of two teams which have serious deficiencies when compared to the other playoff teams? That's the edgy opinion you're trolling over?

Try harder.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Maulbert":e2d85mo0 said:
Popeyejones":e2d85mo0 said:
Ehhh, silly to complain IMO, but if the situation was exactly reversed we'd be fooling ourselves by pretending some Hawks fan wouldn't take the opportunity to whine about how seeding works too.

Somehow, I doubt we'd be stupid enough to say this:

why are the Seahawks seeded ahead of us since we have the same record and we beat them head to head?

Because the league, holding an incredible anti-Cowboy bias foresaw this scenario and set up the tiebreakers to favor the Seahawks

:sarcasm_on: Yeah, they foresaw it.

30 years ago. :sarcasm_off:

Oh yeah, of course almost all Hawks fans are much too smart to say that. That goes for Cowboys fans too though. Homeristic dumb stuff like this is on ever fan board regardless of team.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3o83i9xd said:
Milehighhawk":3o83i9xd said:
I wonder if Dallas (not the fans) is in danger of looking past Detroit a little too much?

What indication do we have that anyone on the team is looking past anyone?

If any team is looking past anyone I'd guess it would be the Hawks given that their first playoff matchup is going to come against a team that's seriously outclassed by the rest of the NFC playoff teams, and probably even a fair number of teams which missed the playoffs (the below .500 Panthers, or 3rd string QB Cardinals who they recently obliterated).

I don't think any team is looking past anyone (that's something that fans do, IMO), but the Super Bowl champ Hawks looking past the Cardinals or Panthers makes a lot more sense than the Cowboys looking past the Lions, IMO.

You couldn't be more wrong. This team is the epitome of "going 1-0 every week" and how you could come off saying the Cowboys are more likely to take a game seriously than the Seahawks is beyond me. :pukeface:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ivotuk":wthnlmy7 said:
Popeyejones":wthnlmy7 said:
Milehighhawk":wthnlmy7 said:
I wonder if Dallas (not the fans) is in danger of looking past Detroit a little too much?

If any team is looking past anyone I'd guess it would be the Hawks given that their first playoff matchup is going to come against a team that's seriously outclassed by the rest of the NFC playoff teams, and probably even a fair number of teams which missed the playoffs (the below .500 Panthers, or 3rd string QB Cardinals who they recently obliterated).

I don't think any team is looking past anyone (that's something that fans do, IMO), but the Super Bowl champ Hawks looking past the Cardinals or Panthers makes a lot more sense than the Cowboys looking past the Lions, IMO.

You couldn't be more wrong. This team is the epitome of "going 1-0 every week" and how you could come off saying the Cowboys are more likely to take a game seriously than the Seahawks is beyond me. :pukeface:

What other banal old sports cliches are the Seahawks the living embodiment of?

Why do you guys keep on intentionally ignoring that I clearly stated that I don't think anyone is looking past anyone else? Is the problem that if you acknowledged it you wouldn't have anything to pretend to feel disrespected about?

Think about it this way: the likelihood of a team being overlooked has as much or more to do with that team than it does with the team they're playing. This is the way we talk about it ALL THE TIME (e.g. trap games, etc.) because it makes sense to do so. All things being equal which two NFC playoff teams are most likely to be overlooked? It's obvious. One of them is the only team in the playoffs below.500 and the other one has gone 1-4 since being down to their third string QB. Focusing on the teams which might be overlooked means we don't have to rely on magical thinking or stupid old sports cliches.

And despite all that, I still don't think anyone is overlooking anyone else.

Get it together, man. :)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":x2si58fs said:
ivotuk":x2si58fs said:
Popeyejones":x2si58fs said:
Milehighhawk":x2si58fs said:

Why do you guys keep on intentionally ignoring that I clearly stated that I don't think anyone is looking past anyone else? Is the problem that if you acknowledged it you wouldn't have anything to pretend to feel disrespected about?

Think about it this way: the likelihood of a team being overlooked has as much or more to do with that team than it does with the team they're playing. This is the way we talk about it ALL THE TIME (e.g. trap games, etc.) because it makes sense to do so. All things being equal which two NFC playoff teams are most likely to be overlooked? It's obvious. One of them is the only team in the playoffs below.500 and the other one has gone 1-4 since being down to their third string QB. Focusing on the teams which might be overlooked means we don't have to rely on magical thinking or stupid old sports cliches.

I think you should be saying that to Jed York.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":1wbaslzc said:
Popeyejones":1wbaslzc said:
Milehighhawk":1wbaslzc said:

You got the hammer, don't be afraid to use it on this troll..... 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1lxkld2i said:
Popeyejones":1lxkld2i said:
ivotuk":1lxkld2i said:
Popeyejones":1lxkld2i said:

I think you should be saying that to Jed York.
Whoa, come on man, York is just a misunderstood individual that just has run into some crappy bad luck! It's NOT his fault! :sarcasm_off:

How was my "Niner troll excuse machine" impersonation? 8)

korboko

Reaction score
They shouldn't had split the series with the Eagles and Redskins than...

Phteven

Reaction score
Maulbert":3sh24f9t said:

why are the Seahawks seeded ahead of us since we have the same record and we beat them head to head?

Because the league, holding an incredible anti-Cowboy bias foresaw this scenario and set up the tiebreakers to favor the Seahawks

i think your sarcasm meter is broke. Because I'm pretty sure that the Cowboys poster was being funny.

irocdave

Reaction score
I read that thread Sunday night, thought about posting but honestly, there were to many Cowgirls fans trying to get the ignorant homers back to reality. Stupid fans in every NFL fan base, nothing out of the ordinary in that thread.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
4-4 at home and 8-0 on the road...these guys probably are better off not being the #1 seed.

I give Dallas credit for having a dynamic and balanced offense, but they just barely escaped from here with a win when it was dysfunction junction, and it has their fans thinking they're world-beaters. They beat a lot of bad teams to get here; they beat them badly, so they must be pretty good, but they're not Green Bay's level all around.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
LOL, a Cowboy fan wants power rankings to determine playoff seeds, wow just wow.

BeastyBoys Yesterday, 10:19 PM
"Would be nice to have a panel of say 32 and have a REAL power ranking system and your playoff seed is based on that. I see how the formula works, but I also think it BS that you wouldn't use head to head even if 3 are tied. Dallas beat Seattle, Sea beat GB. Pretty simple. Dallas 1 Sea 2 GB 3."

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Maulbert":3rjyxrn5 said:
Popeyejones":3rjyxrn5 said:
Ehhh, silly to complain IMO, but if the situation was exactly reversed we'd be fooling ourselves by pretending some Hawks fan wouldn't take the opportunity to whine about how seeding works too.

Pretty sure that was meant tongue-in-cheek...