Dangerous RAMs If texans don't take Clowney.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Although I certainly don't like the idea of Clowney in the division, I'm more concerned about a Greg Robinson + OBJ/Watkins/Evans combo.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
blazen2392":3e4y3ru4 said:
Sarlacc83":3e4y3ru4 said:
They already have Quinn who I think is better than Clowney ever will be.

i can't even put my disagreement in words. Clowney is the Calvin Johnson of Defensive ends. Guys with freakish talent at their position always translate.

He's CJ less the speed and strength and work ethic. :). His 21 bench number is disappointing,
His lack of production last year even more disappointing. funny thing on that huge hit that everyone went crazy for year before last. First big play of the game and that was mid third quarter.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2ieqhc0w said:
Although I certainly don't like the idea of Clowney in the division, I'm more concerned about a Greg Robinson + OBJ/Watkins/Evans combo.
I agree the rams would be foolish to not take an elite tackle like Robinson @2.-assuming they don't trade back. if they go Robinson and Evans they could become much better in a hurry on the offensive side, of the ball.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Clowney, Quinn and Long could conceivably all take the field at once - much like the DEs have been moved around in Pete's scheme.

That sort of defensive front would take the pressure off any Rams offense to score more than 20 points per game.

randomation

Reaction score
Cartire":3gve1wzg said:
You can almost guarantee a trade since they have two picks in the top 15 and don't even need clowney. They'll turn that 2nd overall into a 1st and 2nd minimum. If they do it right, they'll get a 5th as well.

They will trade with the cowboys for 3 firsts since JJ wants Manziel so much

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1s6jgpwv said:
I agree the rams would be foolish to not take an elite tackle like Robinson @2.-assuming they don't trade back. if they go Robinson and Evans they could become much better in a hurry on the offensive side, of the ball.
This is my biggest fear... it's not really fear, but you know what I mean.

The Rams get MUCH better at two very important positions.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It's funny that a Seattle fan thinks that just having talent makes a team dangerous. If Clowney suddenly had Wilson's work habit, he would be very good, but that has not been the case. Just being big and fast doesn't guarantee him being a monster.

We just won the SB with a collection of hard workers, not a team of top 10 picks.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
HawkWow":140596xc said:
The Rams are already scary and with a *healthy Bradford, they are poised to challenge us now. But in their situation, no way do I risk that lofty pick on Clowney. He's not essential to their cause.

Instead, they should pull another blockbuster deal. Trade that pick to the Raiders or Bucs for either teams 1sts in 15, 16 (etc).

Either will still finish near the bottom of the league and with that pick next year, the Rams should let Bradford walk and draft Mariota.

They'd be young, loaded and still have a bevy of picks, current and future. They could position themselves to have all of this with a chunk of those players on rookie deals...very similar to us....and not be coincidence.

It's the tortoise that wins the race. If the Rams pace themselves and resist the urge to make the sexy pick (Clowney) and keep accumulating 1st rd picks, they will ultimately dominate this league. I so hate those gawd damn Redskins.
That's a trade from Madden Football--those teams would never do that. I hate the damn Skins too. I agree with your main point, though. I'm more afraid of another trade-down netting high picks. In a perfect world they'd throw it away on Football Johnny.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
randomation":vqh02z1w said:
Cartire":vqh02z1w said:
You can almost guarantee a trade since they have two picks in the top 15 and don't even need clowney. They'll turn that 2nd overall into a 1st and 2nd minimum. If they do it right, they'll get a 5th as well.

They will trade with the cowboys for 3 firsts since JJ wants Manziel so much
Ha ha. Funny. Not.
At least Al Davis isn't around anymore.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aaron Curry Freakish athlete, can't miss pick.

Thats the obvious, the not so obvious is heart, work ethic, desire mental make up and over all football intelligence..

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Largent80":359onxw9 said:
Hawk Strap":359onxw9 said:

Wait for it........

Oh yeah, rotten eggs.

You sure??? Maybe them is Pickled eggs. ???

Took a while to get here but my lordy it did. whew. :stirthepot:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":219kmnkv said:
HawkWow":219kmnkv said:
The Rams are already scary and with a *healthy Bradford, they are poised to challenge us now. But in their situation, no way do I risk that lofty pick on Clowney. He's not essential to their cause.

Instead, they should pull another blockbuster deal. Trade that pick to the Raiders or Bucs for either teams 1sts in 15, 16 (etc).

Either will still finish near the bottom of the league and with that pick next year, the Rams should let Bradford walk and draft Mariota.

They'd be young, loaded and still have a bevy of picks, current and future. They could position themselves to have all of this with a chunk of those players on rookie deals...very similar to us....and not be coincidence.

It's the tortoise that wins the race. If the Rams pace themselves and resist the urge to make the sexy pick (Clowney) and keep accumulating 1st rd picks, they will ultimately dominate this league. I so hate those gawd damn Redskins.
That's a trade from Madden Football--those teams would never do that. I hate the damn Skins too. I agree with your main point, though. I'm more afraid of another trade-down netting high picks. In a perfect world they'd throw it away on Football Johnny.

Nothing "Madden" about it dude.

There's many that believe Bridgewater is a sure thing. The Raiders definitely need a sure thing at QB, as do the Jags and to a lesser degree, the Bucs. Not to be argumentative, but why do you feel a team, that may see a Bridgewater or Manziel as franchise QBs, wouldn't offer 2 1sts for the right to grab that player... especially in today's team friendly cap time?

A pick as lofty as the Rams will demand no less than 2 1sts in trade. I won't be surprised to see this take place. I am in fact expecting to be quite bummed after such a trade is announced. LOL. These damn Rams are coming for us and if they can hold off and grab Mariota, I believe they will soon have the edge. The only good news for me is that Marcus will no longer be a Duck.

Quicksand

Reaction score
CPHawk":hqmhd1f6 said:
It's funny that a Seattle fan thinks that just having talent makes a team dangerous. If Clowney suddenly had Wilson's work habit, he would be very good, but that has not been the case. Just being big and fast doesn't guarantee him being a monster.

We just won the SB with a collection of hard workers, not a team of top 10 picks.

Dude had the lottery won and just had to not get hurt. I can't blame a kid for that. I'm sure he saw what happened to Lattimore.

Clowney is gonna be a beast.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Quicksand":206ysiki said:
CPHawk":206ysiki said:

Dude had the lottery won and just had to not get hurt. I can't blame a kid for that. I'm sure he saw what happened to Lattimore.

Clowney is gonna be a beast.

That's called putting one's self before team. SC gave him a shot (and education). They were in Natty talks until Clowney basically gave Spurrier and his school the finger. I hate the fact he will be rewarded handsomely for doing so. Clowney punked his team and made life miserable for Spurrier, whos hands were tied. When he threatened to bench Clowney..Clowney told him that was a great idea, because he preferred to sit out anyway. When Spurrier told him he wasn't benched, Clowney faked injury...and sat the game out to show Spurrier who was boss. What's this ungrateful punk going to do when he has millions in the bank? There's a 1/2 dozen players that should go before Clowney.

Now, this is not to detract from your point. It's risky business for these kids and we've seen players blow knees, even in the final qtr of a season. But with today's improved medical science, most injuries are no longer catastrophic...and your example of Lattimore, who is reportedly 100% (after 2 knees), is testimony to this. I think we will regret taking Michael over Lattimore.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Personally, I'm going to be more upset if they somehow leverage into Greg Robinson (probably an all-pro LT) and Mike Evans. That will not be cool. Or if Aaron Donald slips to their second pick to team up with Chris Long and Robert Quinn.

They could probably still pick up a decent QB prospect in the remainder of the draft. That'll allow them to see what Bradford does while having a replacement in mind.

The Rams are pretty set up if they draft smart.

Tical21

Reaction score
I agree with Cartire, they're gonna be able to move that pick to the Falcons or somebody that wants a QB, and end up with Watkins or one of the tackles.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I got to see Clowney play a bunch the past two seasons. He has Laurence Taylor type potential but so far hasn't shown the work ethic to be dominant all game every game. Still if he were to go to the rams it could spell trouble for us.

Subzero717

Reaction score
As others stated Falcons are agressive and despite last year feel they are close and I could see them moving to 2 to get him. I do find it funny the two GMs of those franchises know each other and are quite diffrent. One will mortgage a draft for one player and when that player gets hurt bye bye season. The other likes moving down to aquire mediocre talent that results in mediocre play.

As far as Clowney goes, I think he will be by and large a bust. I really dont see why he would go in the first five picks. He reminds me of Jamarcus Russel. All the natural born talent in the world with no drive. A dude that size putting up 21 on the bench says 2 things. He hates putting in work. At the NFL level he will be a one trick pony that can speed rush and thats it. You wont be seeing him Demarcus Waring, Robert Gallery.