Dangerous RAMs If texans don't take Clowney.

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkFan72":cz3xdb10 said:
Yeah we don't want Clowney on the Rams. Yikes.

Is odd. I see other team's fans hoping we do not draft him. Yet, I see our fans not wanting him.

I want him.

I disagree with trading down if he is on the board.

Subzero717

Reaction score
RedAlice":32qzzgv5 said:
HawkFan72":32qzzgv5 said:
Yeah we don't want Clowney on the Rams. Yikes.

Is odd. I see other team's fans hoping we do not draft him. Yet, I see our fans not wanting him.

I want him.

I disagree with trading down if he is on the board.

If I had Long and Quinn I would adress other needs.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I think the Texans will take Clowney.
Teams in the AFC have seen the blueprint on how to beat Denver Broncos (or teams with immobile QBs): Put pressure on Manning all day.
You can only do it with elite DEs. It would be really stupid for the Texans to pass on this type of pass rusher.

Subzero717

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2sma0ig9 said:
Teams in the AFC have seen the blueprint on how to beat Denver Broncos (or teams with immobile QBs): Put pressure on Manning all day.
You can only do it with elite DEs. It would be really stupid for the Texans to pass on this type of pass rusher.

They have JJ Watt and Mercilus etc. They cant score points. If you go three and out every offensive possesion your defense can only be so good. You also arent considering the back end. A good back end helps your pass rush and vise versa.

chrispy

Reaction score
It seems almost guaranteed that Rams will trade out. I don't think any other team has traded in round 1 as much as Snead. I think he's traded 2 picks multiple times if I'm not mistaken. ... and he's only been there like 2 years, right? Isn't this his third draft? There's no question that someone will want one of these top 3 players more than the Rams. The only question is will there be a trade up to get a DE or a QB. He trades down, still has 2 first rounders but adds a 2nd or a 1st next year. Given his history, isn't that a no-brainer? I think it's more likely he trades multiple times in the first round than stays pat.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":3mzk2rke said:
Greg Robinson in the NFC west scares me

I don't see how any team can pass on this guy. None of these QBs scream future HOF to me....and that's the kind of QB it would take for me to pass on Robinson. Don't worry about the pass-pro. Few players come out of college with every nuance of their game perfected. This year he will gash holes into D-lines and next year he will do that and pass protect. All the way to Honolulu, IMO. I hope the Texans keep him out of the NFC.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I have wondered if the Texans would surprise everyone and take Robinson myself. He is going to be a beast but bottom line is even a decent QB is more valuable than a stud left tackle. They need a QB bad I will laugh if they take Clowney. Last thing they need and that goes for the Rams as well.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Clowney will be a bust. Not a complete bust like Aaron Curry, but he will not play up to all the hype.

The amount of hype for this guy just astounds me! The media have been building this guy up since he signed at South Carolina. Then they made such a HUGE deal about him tackling a running back. Seriously? A guy 6'6" 270# gets a free run at a running back and blows him up and he's the next coming of Julius Peppers? Puhleaze...Michael Sam could have blown up that running back. I don't see him getting "number one overall pick" hype.

Thunderkyss

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":7evvftxo said:
joeseahawks":7evvftxo said:

They have JJ Watt and Mercilus etc. They cant score points. If you go three and out every offensive possesion your defense can only be so good. You also arent considering the back end. A good back end helps your pass rush and vise versa.

I'm hoping our back end rebounds... I'm thinking addition by subtraction (Ed Reed). 2011 & 2012, our back end held their own. So we'll see.

I'm also tired of spending all our draft picks on Defense. Since Kubiak got here, almost all of our 1st day picks have been on defense. We need to get some elite offensive talent. If I were king, we'd take Robinson #1 overall, then hope to get Yankey at the top of the second, trade into the first if I have to. Then Dante Moncrief, Jimmy Garopolo, Mettenberger, or McCarron in the third. Troy Niklas, Arthur Lynch, or Tajh Boyd in the 4th.

No doubt we need real help at QB, but I think going this way will help us more in the long run than going QB in the first.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Thunderkyss":dzvkubz7 said:
CALIHAWK1":dzvkubz7 said:
joeseahawks":dzvkubz7 said:

I'm hoping our back end rebounds... I'm thinking addition by subtraction (Ed Reed). 2011 & 2012, our back end held their own. So we'll see.

I'm also tired of spending all our draft picks on Defense. Since Kubiak got here, almost all of our 1st day picks have been on defense. We need to get some elite offensive talent. If I were king, we'd take Robinson #1 overall, then hope to get Yankey at the top of the second, trade into the first if I have to. Then Dante Moncrief, Jimmy Garopolo, Mettenberger, or McCarron in the third. Troy Niklas, Arthur Lynch, or Tajh Boyd in the 4th.

No doubt we need real help at QB, but I think going this way will help us more in the long run than going QB in the first.

Word is you guys want to bring Cassel in. Maybe with that D Obrien can resurrect his career and bring in either Janeane Garofolo or MacCarron in the second. I wouldnt wait longer than that. I think of the QBs and what I know of Obrien it would be Teddy or AJ. Obrien knows Bortels coach well and his coach has been critical of him (Bortles). Obrien will get the scoop. That said I dont know what kind of power he will have. One would asume when it came to QB he would have a lot of input.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":9ia6to5e said:
They already have Quinn who I think is better than Clowney ever will be.

Plus One. Clowney is not a "football player." Quinn on the other hand is a football player and a monster.