D'anthony Smith Waived

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Is it just me or is Clinton McDonald one of the sexiest DTs in the game. No homo. He's big, lean, and powerful and where most DTs have a gut, it looks like he has an 8 pack.

I think this could be a breakout year for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the starting 3 tech by seasons end.

And ends up with 8 sacks.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
According Twitterverse he was cut to void the trade with Jax. I think he'll be signed back after he clears waivers.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3usblrhi said:
According Twitterverse he was cut to void the trade with Jax. I think he'll be signed back after he clears waivers.

If they sign him back, who gets cut to make room for Bruce?

canzag

Reaction score
I colud see a WR added this week as well. For one week and then back to the practice squad. Just in case because Kearse is nicked a bit.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":2vtd4egw said:
Why all this talk about trading for a WR...?

Because a team that is imploding like the Browns might give up a very expensive player like Gordon for extremely cheap. Gordon makes the team better.

Basis4day

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":1go1v6fy said:
ChrisB Bacon":1go1v6fy said:

Because a team that is imploding like the Browns might give up a very expensive player like Gordon for extremely cheap. Gordon makes the team better.

We're a run first team that already has 5 active WR and need to make room in a few weeks for a returning Percy Harvin.
Kearse was out of the boot after the game and isn't that banged up. There isn't much room for a WR and the FO seems to like the WR on our roster. We're at 52 players and if we add anyone we would need to make a cut when Irvin returns to active roster after Texans game (And Harvin in a few weeks and Okung a few weeks after that).

EDIT: Josh Gordon isn't in the cards. Doesn't make a lot of sense IMHO.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Basis4day":509c52sj said:
GoldenTater81":509c52sj said:
ChrisB Bacon":509c52sj said:

Josh Cribs isn't in the cards. Doesn't make a lot of sense IMHO.

Well, that's good since nobody is even mentioning him.

Basis4day

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1ajfdwsh said:
Basis4day":1ajfdwsh said:
GoldenTater81":1ajfdwsh said:
ChrisB Bacon":1ajfdwsh said:

Josh Cribs isn't in the cards. Doesn't make a lot of sense IMHO.

Well, that's good since nobody is even mentioning him.

Fixed.

kearly

Reaction score
Gordon does make sense, but not so much for this season as next year. Our WR group could be gutted next offseason. Tate is a UFA. Baldwin is an RFA who will draw interest from around the league. Rice is pretty likely to be cut if he does not accept a restructure attempt, which IMO is also likely.

Also, it would really suck if the 49ers got him for a 3rd round pick.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Isn't that how we got into the Harvin mess? trying to keep him away from other teams?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Dtowers":3fxlzysj said:
Isn't that how we got into the Harvin mess? trying to keep him away from other teams?

What mess? He got hurt after he got here.

Teams really don't do that. That strategy is really more the relm of fan speculation than a strong Front Office. There is a silver lining in your division rival investing 9-10 million dollars into one player.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Rooster854":1fgreyw2 said:
Getting Percy back, in time, healthy for a playoff run, is hardly a "Mess"

Mess with the WRs, and which ones we are going to keep. The huge contract we gave Harvin, definitely has put us in a pickle when it comes to who we can resign this offseason.

Basis4day":1fgreyw2 said:
Dtowers":1fgreyw2 said:

Teams really don't do that. That strategy is really more the relm of fan speculation than a strong Front Office. There is a silver lining in your division rival investing 9-10 million dollars into one player.

Not talking about his injury.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Dtowers":1p52m6nq said:
Rooster854":1p52m6nq said:
Getting Percy back, in time, healthy for a playoff run, is hardly a "Mess"

Mess with the WRs, and which ones we are going to keep. The huge contract we gave Harvin, definitely has put us in a pickle when it comes to who we can resign this offseason.

Basis4day":1p52m6nq said:
Dtowers":1p52m6nq said:

Not talking about his injury.

It's hardly a mess from a salary cap standpoint, but it is a huge investment. You can't keep everyone. Part of the game. Gotta trust the FO to find players in the draft that fit the scheme.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Basis4day":1z17kym2 said:
It's hardly a mess from a salary cap standpoint, but it is a huge investment. You can't keep everyone. Part of the game. Gotta trust the FO to find players in the draft that fit the scheme.

I don't know man, we already had a lot invested in the WRs with a couple key guys that need to be re-signed. If we lose any combo of Tate, Baldwin, Rice, Miller, even with Harvin we could be hurting. The front office has been nearly 50/50 on success rate of WRs, I am not so sure they have the eye for it yet.

Point being, why trade for another WR who is coming up on a new contract anyway? You would certainly have to renegotiate with him right off the bat, don'tcha think? Doesn't make sense, especially considering the kid is one mistake away from a year long suspension.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Dtowers":2npk9mjr said:
Basis4day":2npk9mjr said:

I don't know man, we already had a lot invested in the WRs with a couple key guys that need to be re-signed. If we lose any combo of Tate, Baldwin, Rice, Miller, even with Harvin we could be hurting. The front office has been nearly 50/50 on success rate of WRs, I am not so sure they have the eye for it yet.

Point being, why trade for another WR who is coming up on a new contract anyway? You would certainly have to renegotiate with him right off the bat, don'tcha think? Doesn't make sense, especially considering the kid is one mistake away from a year long suspension.

Prepare yourself. We are going to lose a combo of the WR Corp and Miller. Miller and Rice are making too much money to keep at their current contracts after this season if you want to manage the cap. It sucks as i get as attached to these players as much as anyone. I'm still pissed that Mike Williams didn't work out, but its now clear FO was right to let him go.

I'm not as concerned as some because we are still a running team at heart. Makes sense that we would invest in a Harvin because of his versatility. He was due for a huge contract, and we payed him one. It is a risk, but also huge upside.

What really gives me hope is Pete Carroll's sustained success at USC where losing your players every 3 or so years is a reality of the college game.