Darrell Bevell OTA Press Conference 6/2/15

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":26czlo08 said:
As I said before, by arguing about red-zone efficiency, you are actually complaining about something that runs counter to the philosophy of Pete Carroll.

I guess Russell runs counter to Pete's philosophy as well.

Here is Russell Wilson - on his responsibilities as a Quarterback.
“I think we have to be lights out in the red zone,” Wilson said. “When it comes down to championship football, we have to be lights out in the red zone, be lights out on third down. That’s pretty simple. That’s pretty much it.”

Fade

Reaction score
Fade":2ob1f3k4 said:
Siouxhawk":2ob1f3k4 said:
Bring your red-zone efficiency examples to Pete and he'd laugh in your face.
I believe our offense as a whole was in the top 10 in the league. We've scored more points than the opponent about 85 percent more times in games the last two years. We own the takeway battle by a whopping margin.
Those are really the only figures that matter, unless you loaded up on Seahawks on your fantasy football team.
**edit** haha, just looked and the website Fade attributes his numbers to is in fact a fantasy football site. You can't make this stuff up.

He laughed in my face by specifically pointing out that the RZ threat of Jimmy Graham was one of the key factors in acquiring him.

*EDIT Let me find a link*

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/0...y-graham-seahawks-coach-pete-carroll-710-espn

Pete Carroll radio interview

Here's an excerpt
1. What Graham Will Bring

Carroll called out Graham's red-zone and third-down production as key areas he expects the 6-foot-7, 265-pound tight end to contribute. He said Graham's work in the red zone has been "consistent" and "ridiculous," sharing an impressive statistic Graham has tallied over the last three years, when 35 of his 50 red-zone catches have gone for touchdowns.

"That's legit," said Carroll. "You go to him because he has such a great presence. That factor alone will add to it."

A little further down the page.
Carroll said the Seahawks plan to involve Graham in the normal course of the throwing game. The one thing that will change is they now have "a real positive target" in the red zone.

If you disagree with me at this point you ignore facts, Pete Carroll, and have to be trollin'.

Remember this exchange?

Now with Rusell Wilson too.

/DESTROYED

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The Graham and Lockett transactions, along with guys like Cary Williams, were brought in to upgrade the roster. It's as simple as that. NFL rosters are fluid, so you strive to tweak things so that your talent level remains strong.
It's not some kind of knee-jerk reaction to an "issue" as you claim. Pete and John figured out a way to add a Pro Bowl tight end and they went out and got him. Same with Lockett.

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":25fp2g7g said:
Well of course Graham is going to be a major target in the red zone. That's why we traded for him. You are not breaking any news here.

Don't that run counter to Pete's Philosophy?

Siouxhawk wrote -
As I said before, by arguing about red-zone efficiency, you are actually complaining about something that runs counter to the philosophy of Pete Carroll

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Fade":2jto2a2f said:
Siouxhawk":2jto2a2f said:
Well of course Graham is going to be a major target in the red zone. That's why we traded for him. You are not breaking any news here.

Siouxhawk wrote -
As I said before, by arguing about red-zone efficiency, you are actually complaining about something that runs counter to the philosophy of Pete Carroll
Hardly. Pete likely sees in Graham a sure-handed receiver who will be a weapon all over the field. Based on his past experience, Graham should be a real good fit for our offense.

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":21vehzrb said:
The Graham and Lockett transactions, along with guys like Cary Williams, were brought in to upgrade the roster. It's as simple as that. NFL rosters are fluid, so you strive to tweak things so that your talent level remains strong.
It's not some kind of knee-jerk reaction to an "issue" as you claim. Pete and John figured out a way to add a Pro Bowl tight end and they went out and got him. Same with Lockett.
Schneider and Pete try to upgrade the roster every chance they get. Why are you trying to take this acquisition of a Pro Bowl-caliber tight end as an admittance to failure last year? Players come and go every offseason and you just hope that when that first whistle blows, your roster is better than the year before. The Hawks have been very impressive in this department with Schneider in the GM chair.

So they just liked Lockett, & Graham as Football Players.

The fact that Lockett is a great return man, coincidence?
Graham is a red zone machine coincide?
While Seattle struggled in these areas last year? Coincidence? :roll:

Pete Carroll's First Interviews when asked about these players what they will bring first and foremost were exactly those skills.
9ee27bbe434cb24156362d1f94e2765c.jpg

but please, keep dancin' if you like.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Fade":3ii5wm5n said:
Siouxhawk":3ii5wm5n said:

Siouxhawk wrote -
Hardly. Pete likely sees in Graham a sure-handed receiver who will be a weapon all over the field. Based on his past experience, Graham should be a real good fit for our offense.

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ydwsyzl said:
Fade":1ydwsyzl said:
Siouxhawk":1ydwsyzl said:

Siouxhawk wrote -

You missed your own contradiction bro. :D

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
There is no contradiction there. Only in your mind. Pete still endeavors to score more touchdowns than his opponent. That is the name of the game. A proven weapon like Jimmy Graham should help the team in that pursuit, don't you think?

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":15r0vct6 said:
Siouxhawk":15r0vct6 said:

Contradiction.

Your anger blinds you. :D

Thatway

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Just because Pete's philosophy of winning the takeaway-giveaway battle is his No. 1 priority and factors heavily into scheming heavily into the offense he employs, it doesn't make a player like Graham mutually exclusive to those pursuits. I don't believe Graham turns the ball over much, so he'll fit right in

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":x6ilwsel said:
Just because Pete's philosophy of winning the takeaway-giveaway battle is his No. 1 priority and factors heavily into scheming heavily into the offense he employs, it doesn't make a player like Graham mutually exclusive to those pursuits. I don't believe Graham turns the ball over much, so he'll fit right in

by arguing about red-zone efficiency, you are actually complaining about something that runs counter to the philosophy of Pete Carroll

Graham is going to be a major target in the red zone. That's why we traded for him.

Your words not mine. Why did "we" trade for him again? :D

Fade

Reaction score
These are just the responses I and other posters have been met with for questioning Bevell. From honest discussion, questioning, critiquing, presenting sited sources containing, audio, video, factual, or statistical information about Darrell Bevell and the Seattle Seahawks.

I'm just keeping a summary log to show their arguments. So blind defenders don't circle back to their old ones, as you can see they keep inventing new ones, after they are refuted.

01. Darrell Bevell has only made 1 bad play call. (AKA Quit Scapegoating)

02. After the bad play call it is okay he didn't man up, instead deflecting blame.

03. You are a "Fantasy Football Player" if you question Darrell Bevell's playcalling.

04. If you do not like Darrell Bevell you live in Palo Alto.

05. Bevell is the reason the Seahawks pounded the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII.

06. JS thought very little of Russell Wilson, until Bevell showed him the light.

07. Darrell Bevell brought Wilson to the Seahawks. Without him we would still be looking for a QB.

08. Bevell HAS BEEN OFFERED HC jobs, he just didn't want to leave the Seahawks.

09. There is no such thing as a bad play call.

10. Pete Carroll never apologized either.

11. Darrell Bevell is an "offensive mastermind".

12. Redzone offense doesn't matter in determining wins & losses. So no discussion required.

13. I was called "crazy" for thinking JS was the main reason RW was drafted by the Hawks.

UPDATE

PART II

14. If you're critical of Darrell Bevell you are not a true Seahawks fan. (Credit: hawksfansinceday1)

15. All sources linking JS to RW are "Myths & Legends" PackerNation is the Gospel.

16. Bevell defenders have experience in psychology, and can help you with your POV.

17. If you like TDs more than FGs you don't understand Pete Carroll's Offense.

18. Bevell has no responsibility for penalties, or anything really, he just calls plays like it's Madden.

19. Anyone re-watching games to point out specifics should be laughed at.

20. If the Hawks have a good game, Bevell can ignore his mistakes, and not improve 'cuz it don't matter. Just enjoy that they won the game.

21. Without Darrell Bevell the Hawks couldn't go to the Superbowl.

22. Unless you have at least above avg talent at every position on offense it is impossible to be avg in the red zone.

23. Moving the ball between the 20s is more important than scoring TDs.

24. Using examples from the past such as Mike Holmgren "makes you silly. Don't be stupid."

25. Bevell is being groomed to be the next HC of the Hawks.

UPDATE

PART III

26. Bevell never makes mistakes, but he's not perfect. (Oxymoron)

27. Bevell doesn't have strengths & weaknesses. You can only think he's good, or bad, no in between.

28. Bevell? "You've got the wrong guy. Pete Carroll he is your true enemy." (Condescending)

29. All Pete Carroll Coordinators through the years have been outstanding, none turned out to be avg, or bad.

30. If you did not like the last play call, you believe Bevell "threw the big game to get his revenge on Lynch."

31. Bevell was the biggest influence on RW's development. (How this is known for a fact? I don't know.)

32. [rehashed] Bevell is the reason the Seahawks pounded the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII. (Despite if the offense scored 0 points the Seahawks would of still won the game.)

33. Jimmy Graham being acquired to improve the red zone offense is just a coincidence. (Then Contradicted.)

----> Remember these are just the responses & arguments for questioning Bevell in anyway. <----

groupthink4.jpg

Quotation-R-K-Narayan-facts-man-Meetville-Quotes-260156.jpg

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
That list is about as authentic as a $3 bill.
Way to twist words to suit your stance. You make a good propagandist.

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1psvxs4j said:
That list is about as authentic as a $3 bill.
Way to twist words to suit your stance. You make a good propagandist.

You should be proud of yourself they are mostly your responses. :34853_doh:

but totally discount the pounding we put on Denver in 48. That was Bevell too.

05. Bevell is the reason the Seahawks pounded the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII.

the majority of true 12s don't stoop to the low level of taking snipes at any member of their coaching staff.

14. If you're critical of Darrell Bevell you are not a true Seahawks fan. (Credit: hawksfansinceday1)

Lots of fantasy football players on here tonight I see.
Lots of fantasy football types on this tread.

03. You are a "Fantasy Football Player" if you question Darrell Bevell's playcalling.

What makes you think he was not the one who declined the job? Perhaps he wanted to stay with the Seahawks because he felt it was a good situation at his juncture of his career.

08. Bevell HAS BEEN OFFERED HC jobs, he just didn't want to leave the Seahawks.

It's obvious at this point that you are not a Hawks fan. How's the weather in Palo Alto?

04. If you do not like Darrell Bevell you live in Palo Alto.

it certainly does not warrant issuing an apology.
I don't believe the Bevell postgame comment should be construed as throwing Lockette under the bus.
02. After the bad play call it is okay he didn't man up, instead deflecting blame.

Pete and Russell did not apologize
10. Pete Carroll never apologized either.

I could keep going, but I'm not going to repost them all.

PAY ATTENTION SIOUXHAWK - This is what posters had to say about you for DERAILING the thread.
jammerhawk":1psvxs4j said:
Wow, so many things to respond to but I won't in any detail for fear of furthering a disagreement that has broken down into a fandom argument that really shouldn't apply. Discussion is what we do here and each of us is entitled to their own opinion.
MontanaHawk05":1psvxs4j said:
Word to the wise...don't make things personal. Making posts that contain zero discussion and only calling other posters out and pulling the "true fan" card, aren't in the spirit of the board. It's not about what you say, it's about how you say it.
pmedic920":1psvxs4j said:
I do think it's kinda silly to question each other's fandom for either liking or not liking a particular coach or player. Telling others how to be a fan has never gone over well, regardless of what side of an issue you are on.
hawksfansinceday1":1psvxs4j said:
Yet even after I said this exact thing, dude keeps right on doing just that to everyone that disagrees with him.
Sports Hernia":1psvxs4j said:
His location to Seattle is A LOT closer than yours, but that doesn't make him a better or worse fan than you are. You think DB is a great OC, some of us think he kind of stinks at his job. We are all Hawks fans even if we disagree with each other's opinion from time to time.
Ambrose83":1psvxs4j said:
so because we have had 3 good years we now can not critique things?
SoulfishHawk":1psvxs4j said:
No doubt. Like who I like or you're a hater :?

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":31ockp4t said:
Siouxhawk":31ockp4t said:
Marlin Man":31ockp4t said:
Waste of your time to even listen to this clown. Too bad we are going to have to have a BAD year before they cn "move him"

M.M.

Sorry, but your opinion isn't really valid considering the recent success of the Hawks. Bevell, Pete and Russell have designed an offense that minimizes the turnovers to take advantage of a defense that keeps our opponents lean on the scoreboard. Bev is very good strategizing for our read offense, which makes the most of Russell's talents. Not only that, but considering we are a run-oriented offense that employs Marshawn's talents, the passing game has been primarily focused on moving the chains to keep a drive going. Most of the time we're plowing ahead with the running game, which might not show direct results in the first half, but by the second half we've whittled away at our foe's defense with our bullrush, they get worn out and we pull out wins. If you don't like wins, then yeah, Bevell's probably not your guy. But I'll certainly take an offensive coordinator that has allowed us to get to back-to-back Super Bowls with the good chance of a third one on the way.

I used to say this, but there is the legitimate sense that we've been winning despite Bevell.

An awful lot of our back-to-back Super Bowl runs have been predicated on Russell Wilson extending broken passing plays. Given all the injuries, protection issues, and narrow scrapes in the conference standings, I wonder if even one fewer broken-turned-big play might have cost us one of our Halas trophies.

This. This. This. This. This. This. This. There are reasons why teams will wait till after the playoffs, and even the Super Bowl, which is late in the hiring season, to hire our defensive coaches to lead their franchises, but continuously pass over Bevell. He is a smart guy who gets in his own way far too often and as a result, has cost the Hawks on many occasions. I can respect Pete's loyalty to Darrell, but also wish some other team would make the mistake of taking him off our hands since Pete's not ready to cut ties.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
This prophetic post was from Oct. 2nd, 2012:

Dismas":3nhgqboa said:
Everything you wrote is true, and is an echo of what goes through my head most days, BUT, I do have an issue with an item you did not mention.

PLAYCALLING. It is all well and good to look at the big picture progress, which has been tremarkably steady, if not always remarkable. The STRATEGY seems to be sound and successful.

However, the TACTICS leave much to be desired . . if your strength is power running, why do tricky pitch outs and passes on 3rd and short . why go away from yopur strength in exactly the situations where your strength is what you need?

I am not on thefire Bevell wagon, but I sure wish Pete would light a fire under his arse and get him playing to our strength.
The Seahawks have established themselves as a smashmout, brutal team, yet when smashmouth is called for, DB tries to use finesse.

ENOUGH I say, let the team kick some tail out there, and therest can fall into place.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52832