Dear Pete Caroll

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Have to say, I agree 100% with op. Shanahan could and would make this offense much better.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Wouldn't help, he's always had a plausible working OL.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":35rphsxe said:
Bevell actually did some nice things tonight. That reverse screen to Fred Jackson was the GOAT play lmao.
It worked thanks to a miracle block by Sweez that he nearly missed. The problem with plays like that is they are slow developing and if a defender isn't fooled by the initial misdirection the play is usually blown up behind the LOS. But at least Bevell did have one play utilizing some misdirection against an aggressive defense. Would have liked to see more. Some screens and draws and blitz breakers would have been nice too.

Our offense is averaging 16 ppg. Ernie Zampeze probably couldn't do better with all the issues on OL, pedestrian WRs, and a banged up Lynch but PredictaBevell is still TerribBevell and I can't wait til he's gone...

PackerNation

Reaction score
Here. Spread this all over the initial post that started this thread and it will help it go down more smoothly:

Weaksauce

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3j15vjb3 said:

Shanahan's teams always do because the are coached up.

Kind of like Pete Carroll's DB's. Cary Williams is garbage in Philly, now is playing at a Pro Bowl level. Bryron Maxwell is a $10M corner until he goes to philly now is apparently trash. Nope Coaching.

See Kyle Shanahan in ATL. Their O-Line couldn't do anything for 3 years. In his very first season with the Falcons they are running the ball and giving Matt Ryan time to throw. And they are lights out in the red zone with great play design, and utilizing the available players properly.

Mike Shanahan would be a massive upgrade over Darrell Bevell.

HIs track record with no name RB's and mobile QB's speaks for itself.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Just not sure he would have any interest in going anywhere where he wasn't the head man, maybe OC for his son if Kyle gets a HC job. Barking at the right tree probably, may just have to look at a different branch (unfortunately those branches include Kubiak and Knapp).

canfan

Reaction score
Fade":1rykjbbc said:
You are in over your head when it comes to offensive football at the professional level. Now I know you love to have your say on the that side of the ball, and Darrell Bevell is a good yes man for you, and Tom Cable talks a good game, but this offense is an abomination from all aspects. It has succeeded in the past only due to the amazing talents of Russell Wilson, and Marshawn Lynch who can make up for the incompetence around them, but those days are coming to end soon (Lynch Age) (Russell can't do it by himself surrounded by poorly coached players) without new upgraded offensive coaches you Pete Carroll will revert back to your 8-8 ways before you stumbled into Russell Wilson in the first place.

Please hire your friend Mike Shanahan to run the offense. His offensive scheme is what you're trying to run. Why not go get the genuine article.

-Mike Shanahan doesn't need high picked, or paid RB's to have a successful run game.
-Mike Shanahan is the best in the business at building a pass game that plays off the run game.
-Mike Shanahan has a better understanding of the offense that Pete Carroll is attempting to run.
-Mike Shanahan can help fix the small details that are being overlooked on a play to play basis.
-Mike Shanahan can bring leadership, and discipline to the offensive side of the ball.
-Mike Shanahan will properly use Jimmy Graham, see Shannon Sharpe (who couldn't block either.)

-Paul Allen has the money to get it done. Get it done.

Back to back SB appearances and the roster raided by the rest of the league and Pete is in over his head? It's called life in the Cap era and you have to develop the young, cheap players to survive. Its certainly not going well at the moment and you can argue with whether they chose the right guys for this version of the offensive line, but to say that Pete (a coach of about 40 years) is in over his head seems a little out of line to me. The real question is, now that the bus (or bandwagon if you prefer) is slowing down are we at your stop?

MrThortan

Reaction score
I thought the play calling these last two games were actually decent. What is holding this offense back really comes down to the o-line. If we had at least and NFL average line, I think this offense would be pretty great this season.

mrt144

Reaction score
Fade":7e2ksdsq said:
Bobblehead":7e2ksdsq said:

Kind of like Pete Carroll's DB's. Cary Williams is garbage in Philly, now is playing at a Pro Bowl level. Bryron Maxwell is a $10M corner until he goes to philly now is apparently trash. Nope Coaching.

See Kyle Shanahan in ATL. Their O-Line couldn't do anything for 3 years. In his very first season with the Falcons they are running the ball and giving Matt Ryan time to throw. And they are lights out in the red zone with great play design, and utilizing the available players properly.

Atlanta's rushing problems were also partially because they had BAD RBs. Matt Ryan has been consistent regardless of who is in the backfield and running routes.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
mrt144":20mxuc39 said:
Fade":20mxuc39 said:
Bobblehead":20mxuc39 said:

Atlanta's rushing problems were also partially because they had BAD RBs. Matt Ryan has been consistent regardless of who is in the backfield and running routes.

Matt Ryan has been under seige for 3 years. Go ask the ATL fans about it if you are unaware.

Devante Freeman a 5th round pick NO NAME is now a stud. --> Shanahan.

mrt144

Reaction score
Fade":2iah0hcl said:
mrt144":2iah0hcl said:
Fade":2iah0hcl said:
Bobblehead":2iah0hcl said:

Matt Ryan has been under seige for 3 years. Go ask the ATL fans about it if you are unaware.

And he's performed consistently. Every fan base thinks they have it the worst, so I'll spare myself the adventure.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
MrThortan":xiad5dg3 said:
I thought the play calling these last two games were actually decent. What is holding this offense back really comes down to the o-line. If we had at least and NFL average line, I think this offense would be pretty great this season.

That's what Shanahan does. Is create running games from seemingly nothing and builds a boot play action pass game off of it. Exactly what the Seahawks need.

The only debate is can you convince Mike Shanahan to be an OC, when he has a huge ego, and wants to be The Man in charge.

It is of my opinion w/Pete's previous history and friendship with Mike it could work if Pete Carroll were to relinquesh all offensive decisions to Mike Shanahan. (Not Mettle with the Offense.) Pete can focus on the D. Mike can focus on the O.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
mrt144":2xkxt0ev said:
Fade":2xkxt0ev said:
Bobblehead":2xkxt0ev said:
quote]

And he's performed consistently. Every fan base thinks they have it the worst, so I'll spare myself the adventure.

His numbers were effected to, and his sacks climbed 50%, now he is on pace to have his best season by far, but you're right coaching doesn't matter and has no impact on a player's performance.

Cary Williams & Byron Maxwell flipping teams, and having inverse level play is merely a coincidence. Coaching has nothing to do with it.

kobebryant

Reaction score
The weird thing is is that I remember this team playing some good offensive ball with Patrick Lewis and Alvin Bailey starting. Those two seemed to "get it", whereas right now they're rolling with strength and athleticism (this oline would be great in a sparq competition) over the steady hand of Lewis/Bailey, ideally hoping that gradual improvement eventually equates to solid line play by the 1/2 or 3/4 point of the season.

mrt144

Reaction score
Fade":h4zkvle2 said:
mrt144":h4zkvle2 said:
Fade":h4zkvle2 said:
Bobblehead":h4zkvle2 said:
quote]

His numbers were effected to, and his sacks climbed 50%, now he is on pace to have his best season by far, but you're right coaching doesn't matter and has no impact on a player's performance.

Cary Williams & Byron Maxwell flipping teams, and having inverse level play is merely a coincidence. Coaching has nothing to do with it.

I'm glad you agree then.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2rikdqb0 said:
Siouxhawk":2rikdqb0 said:
I prefer Bevell. Take away the 3 fumbles tonight and we win fairly easily
Hey.. if using 5 wr empty sets when your line is struggling, and putting Jimmy Graham -- your biggest weapon on the bench on a crucial third down is your thing then by all means Bevell is your man.
If sitting at home in February is your cup of tea, then I can see why you wouldn't want Bev, who has helped the Hawks reach the last 2 Super Bowls.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
akscoundrel":1gs6euqc said:
Carroll, who has produced two perennial powerhouses, winning championships on both the collegiate and professional level.....or fade. Tough call.

Pete Carroll is an amazing HC, and leader of an organization. A Defensive Genius at the top of his field. He is in over his head on offense, and it is effecting all the other things he is great at.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1tqrltkq said:
Spin Doctor":1tqrltkq said:
Siouxhawk":1tqrltkq said:
Hey.. if using 5 wr empty sets when your line is struggling, and putting Jimmy Graham -- your biggest weapon on the bench on a crucial third down is your thing then by all means Bevell is your man.
If sitting at home in February is your cup of tea, then I can see why you wouldn't want Bev, who has helped the Hawks reach the last 2 Super Bowls.

He has been a great help this year as well.
Hz0wFpc

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Fade":25ecsd2a said:
Siouxhawk":25ecsd2a said:
Spin Doctor":25ecsd2a said:
Siouxhawk":25ecsd2a said:

He has been a great help this year as well.
Hz0wFpc
I see you are having fun with pretty pictures again. And Fantasy Football. I see this season developing like last year, and the best people to make that happen are already on board.