Dear Pete Caroll

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3kawsxfl said:
I see you are having fun with pretty pictures again. And Fantasy Football. I see this season developing like last year, and the best people to make that happen are already on board.

I hope you are right, but it feels different this year.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
mrt144":3039qz6t said:
Fade":3039qz6t said:
Cary Williams & Byron Maxwell flipping teams, and having inverse level play is merely a coincidence. Coaching has nothing to do with it.

I'm glad you agree then.

/fail

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Atradees":3aot86xk said:
Are not Shanny and Holmgren the same guy?

nope. Mike Holmgren is a rhythm passing pure WCO.

Shanahan is a zone run, boot action WCO.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
thebanjodude":371jmozr said:
No thanks. Shanny ran RG3 into the ground and left the Redskins in total disarray. Things would turn toxic if he came to Seattle.

Thats not correct. RG3 and Dan Synder killed the skins. Apparently RG3 came back his second season and with Dan's backing told Shanny he wanted to be a pocket passer and to stop all the zone read stuff.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Interesting statistics in this table from Sando.

https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/6 ... 8655420416

Shows that this team seems to play the long game and build towards a crescendo late. Can be a bit dangerous in this division this year, though I don't believe it is as much intentional as it is a result of putting young players in the fire.

hawk45

Reaction score
The RGIII debacle seems to be coloring the memories of folks here. Shanahan has a sick resume as an OC, and as far as him killing RGIII's career goes, RGIII was having a great career until he paid for lacking the brain cells not to slide and protect himself. How does that apply at all to Wilson?

Shanny would kill as an OC and as Fade points out, he *wants* to run an offense like Pete wants it run. Line that can make okay backs look good. Pass off the run.

Pete is a defensive genius, and knows he wants an offense that runs it and takes as few chances as possible, but other than putting those parameters on his OC and his faith in Cable, I don't think he has some special offensive plan or scheme.

It's a hypothetical discussion but goot-niss, it seems self-evident Shanahan would be a great fit (if he were happy in a reduced role).

Atradees

Reaction score
Fade":1t5gl7z5 said:
Atradees":1t5gl7z5 said:

I buy that. WCO is dead though right? Both giant egos have to be in charge and failed there last destinations.

hawk45

Reaction score
Atradees":2s0hfltg said:
Fade":2s0hfltg said:
Atradees":2s0hfltg said:

I buy that. WCO is dead though right? Both giant egos have to be in charge and failed there last destinations.

Ego would the only concern IMO. Zone run and boot action seem tailor made for this offense esp with Graham.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Since getting either Shanahan here as an OC seems pretty unlikely, we may have to look elsewhere in that lineage to see who may be best suited to OC this offense.

Maybe Karl Dorrell or Matt Lafleur (young, appears to be on the come up, trained under each Shanahan, did good work with early RG3 and Golson at Notre Dame).

mrt144

Reaction score
Fade":3m1f4u03 said:
mrt144":3m1f4u03 said:
Fade":3m1f4u03 said:
Cary Williams & Byron Maxwell flipping teams, and having inverse level play is merely a coincidence. Coaching has nothing to do with it.

I'm glad you agree then.

/fail

Youre thought masturbating at us with this thread. Anything short of total agreement with you is met with absent minded and poorly spelled snark. How else should I respond to your conversation killing nonsense?

charcoalbg

Reaction score
First post here and I normally do not post in any forums but I just have to vent on the past 4 game offensive strategies (lack of). Bottom line I saw absolutely no adjustments on the Offense side. Like most of the time Bevell has 5-10 plays during a game running it over and over again hoping they succeed. During this Detroit game they were blitzing so often, could the OC not incorporate more low risk dink and dunk plays to ease off the pass rush. Then when Defense doesn't blitz you start going further down field? What's wrong with take what the Defense give you? I think they need more of these going forward so Russell can have more rhythm and more comfortable in pocket throwing.

In the original topic of other alternatives for OC, I am surprised no one mentioned Norm Chow? Wasn't he the mastermind OC during Pete's championship USC days? Plus didn't Norm make Vince Young in Tennessee look like a pro bowler?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Atradees":368ne4pe said:
Fade":368ne4pe said:
Atradees":368ne4pe said:

The purest form of the WCO died when Holmgren retired, but a lot of teams run a variation of it, and the language and concepts are in a lot of NFL playbooks.

Seattle
Green Bay
Kansas City
Miami
Washington
Atlanta
Denver (Kubiak)

Off the top, I'm sure I am leaving some out.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
charcoalbg":2bek26x6 said:
First post here and I normally do not post in any forums but I just have to vent on the past 4 game offensive strategies (lack of). Bottom line I saw absolutely no adjustments on the Offense side. Like most of the time Bevell has 5-10 plays during a game running it over and over again hoping they succeed. During this Detroit game they were blitzing so often, could the OC not incorporate more low risk dink and dunk plays to ease off the pass rush. Then when Defense doesn't blitz you start going further down field? What's wrong with take what the Defense give you? I think they need more of these going forward so Russell can have more rhythm and more comfortable in pocket throwing.

In the original topic of other alternatives for OC, I am surprised no one mentioned Norm Chow? Wasn't he the mastermind OC during Pete's championship USC days? Plus didn't Norm make Vince Young in Tennessee look like a pro bowler?

Norm Chow would be awesome, but I believe he and Pete had a falling out.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
mrt144":1w07b0qo said:
Fade":1w07b0qo said:
mrt144":1w07b0qo said:
Fade":1w07b0qo said:

I'm glad you agree then.

/fail

Youre thought masturbating at us with this thread. Anything short of total agreement with you is met with absent minded and poorly spelled snark. How else should I respond to your conversation killing nonsense?

Your argument was Matt Ryan was always good, his down seasons were just happen stance, coaching had nothing to do with it. How should I respond?

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Fade":3o2blyn1 said:
Zebulon Dak":3o2blyn1 said:
Stupid post.

Why?

Because you're a newer poster and your thread does make some sense and other posters that have been here awhile have a sense of entitlement and can attack a poster (which was all Zeb is doing) and get away with it.

Do I honestly believe Pete would make a change at OC? well barring a domestic violence or a hit and run DUI from Bevell, nah, Pete is too nice of a guy.

One can only hope another team is dumb enough to hire him away.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Fade":39t0wnoh said:
You are in over your head when it comes to offensive football at the professional level. Now I know you love to have your say on the that side of the ball, and Darrell Bevell is a good yes man for you, and Tom Cable talks a good game, but this offense is an abomination from all aspects. It has succeeded in the past only due to the amazing talents of Russell Wilson, and Marshawn Lynch who can make up for the incompetence around them, but those days are coming to end soon (Lynch Age) (Russell can't do it by himself surrounded by poorly coached players) without new upgraded offensive coaches you Pete Carroll will revert back to your 8-8 ways before you stumbled into Russell Wilson in the first place.

Please hire your friend Mike Shanahan to run the offense. His offensive scheme is what you're trying to run. Why not go get the genuine article.

-Mike Shanahan doesn't need high picked, or paid RB's to have a successful run game.
-Mike Shanahan is the best in the business at building a pass game that plays off the run game.
-Mike Shanahan has a better understanding of the offense that Pete Carroll is attempting to run.
-Mike Shanahan can help fix the small details that are being overlooked on a play to play basis.
-Mike Shanahan can bring leadership, and discipline to the offensive side of the ball.
-Mike Shanahan will properly use Jimmy Graham, see Shannon Sharpe (who couldn't block either.)

-Paul Allen has the money to get it done. Get it done.
I'm really sorry I even read this stupid post. I suggest you find a team to support that you like.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1nt1ggt7 said:
Fade":1nt1ggt7 said:
Zebulon Dak":1nt1ggt7 said:
Stupid post.

Why?

Because you're a newer poster and your thread does make some sense and other posters that have been here awhile have a sense of entitlement and can attack a poster (which was all Zeb is doing) and get away with it.

Do I honestly believe Pete would make a change at OC? well barring a domestic violence or a hit and run DUI from Bevell, nah, Pete is too nice of a guy.

One can only hope another team is dumb enough to hire him away.

I agree with everything you said.

I think the Cleveland Browns might be dumb enough to hire Darrell Bevell. Thinking that he can help Manziel.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Donn2390":3dvx34ut said:
Fade":3dvx34ut said:
You are in over your head when it comes to offensive football at the professional level. Now I know you love to have your say on the that side of the ball, and Darrell Bevell is a good yes man for you, and Tom Cable talks a good game, but this offense is an abomination from all aspects. It has succeeded in the past only due to the amazing talents of Russell Wilson, and Marshawn Lynch who can make up for the incompetence around them, but those days are coming to end soon (Lynch Age) (Russell can't do it by himself surrounded by poorly coached players) without new upgraded offensive coaches you Pete Carroll will revert back to your 8-8 ways before you stumbled into Russell Wilson in the first place.

Please hire your friend Mike Shanahan to run the offense. His offensive scheme is what you're trying to run. Why not go get the genuine article.

-Mike Shanahan doesn't need high picked, or paid RB's to have a successful run game.
-Mike Shanahan is the best in the business at building a pass game that plays off the run game.
-Mike Shanahan has a better understanding of the offense that Pete Carroll is attempting to run.
-Mike Shanahan can help fix the small details that are being overlooked on a play to play basis.
-Mike Shanahan can bring leadership, and discipline to the offensive side of the ball.
-Mike Shanahan will properly use Jimmy Graham, see Shannon Sharpe (who couldn't block either.)

I'm really sorry I even read this stupid post. I suggest you find a team to support that you like.

What was stupid about it? Details.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Donn2390":255vm2jq said:
Fade":255vm2jq said:

That would be too easy. He has 3 Seahawks on his fantasy team and thinks Shanahan would help put up pinball numbers, thereby helping him win $125. But it's OK, Pete doesn't read this garbage anyhow.