Dear Pete Caroll

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
kf3339":106tzbv5 said:
charcoalbg":106tzbv5 said:
First post here and I normally do not post in any forums but I just have to vent on the past 4 game offensive strategies (lack of). Bottom line I saw absolutely no adjustments on the Offense side. Like most of the time Bevell has 5-10 plays during a game running it over and over again hoping they succeed. During this Detroit game they were blitzing so often, could the OC not incorporate more low risk dink and dunk plays to ease off the pass rush. Then when Defense doesn't blitz you start going further down field? What's wrong with take what the Defense give you? I think they need more of these going forward so Russell can have more rhythm and more comfortable in pocket throwing.

In the original topic of other alternatives for OC, I am surprised no one mentioned Norm Chow? Wasn't he the mastermind OC during Pete's championship USC days? Plus didn't Norm make Vince Young in Tennessee look like a pro bowler?

Yes to both comments about Norm Chow. But the problem in the USC days was that PC didn't like to share the success so Norm went away.

At least that is what I remember.

and brings it back full circle to my OP. Pete Carroll likes a yes man at OC, and likes his say on the offensive side of the ball, but Pete needs to come to his senses and get better Coaching on Offense, or the Offense will continue to decline.

The Defense is amazing, but I'm not sure if it can drag the offense kicking and screaming to another Superbowl.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":scnqkk0e said:
Lol Coach gets a SB and some jersey buying fan is going to tell him how to run a business?!

So you think the offense is fine, or will be fine going forward with time? I disagree, sorry.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Cable is just as gifted as Shanny at teaching the ZBS...the difference is that Cable is prideful to the extent that he feels he can turn any good athlete in to a professional lineman...hell he may be right, but he can't do it in 1 season...and we have the best D, RB, QB tandem in the world...we can't afford to wait.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Fade":1au57h41 said:
ilikedlargent":1au57h41 said:
Lol Coach gets a SB and some jersey buying fan is going to tell him how to run a business?!

So you think the offense is fine, or will be fine going forward with time? I disagree, sorry.

No, I think it's childish to write open letters to people you don't know who will never read it about topics you know nothing about on a first hand level.
It's just something you watch on tv. A team will suck and go down hill after a couple SB appearances. I t s never not like that. Marshawn is beat up,the O line bites,they've never had a real receiver. They only won yesterday because of a miracle f up by external forces. Etc

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
netskier":3i9c6d4n said:
I think that one of the goals here should be to disclose truth, and then achieve consensus.

People today don't want truth. They want to be lied to, and told everything is fine.

I drop truth on Mike Shanahan, and his history as an Offensive mind in the NFL. How he fits Pete Carroll's scheme.

And I am met with typical damage control, stupid post etc, etc.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":2dbu647z said:
Fade":2dbu647z said:
ilikedlargent":2dbu647z said:

No, I think it's childish to write open letters to people you don't know who will never read it about topics you know nothing about on a first hand level.
It's just something you watch on tv. A team will suck and go down hill after a couple SB appearances. I t s never not like that. Marshawn is beat up,the O line bites,they've never had a real receiver. They only won yesterday because of a miracle f up by external forces. Etc

Why are you posting then? It's just something you watch on tv. :D

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
themunn":y91g8g3w said:
lol Shanahan who has only won 1 playoff game since Elway retired

As an OC, Bevell has been to two straight Superb Owls, winning one. By your logic, he must be the best in the biz?

Was Pete a bad hire? What exactly are you saying? This is the epitome of an ignorant post.

Is critical thought outlawed in Washington?

Jesus people.

Fade is spot on. There is a faction of .netters who think it's blasphemy to discuss ways to make this team better. Why? Why can't we discuss ways to make this team better? Damn sure the frickin coaches are! Do you guys have even the slightest inkling that Pete is sitting back saying to himself, "wait a second Pete, don't you dare contemplate ways to improve this offense- these coaches got me two straight Superb Owls".

The folks that don't understand the OP here don't get it. It's discussion, ideas...IDEAS.

Without progressive ideology this game would be void of the forward pass.

Maybe Shanny isn't the best solution- but if you disagree, then why exactly? Can you provide a better alternative other than "there's nothing to see here- we're coming off two Superb Owls" or "he's only won one playoff game since Elway" (although had us on the ropes until 3 was injured)

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
lukerguy":kvkke0ho said:
Cable is just as gifted as Shanny at teaching the ZBS...the difference is that Cable is prideful to the extent that he feels he can turn any good athlete in to a professional lineman...hell he may be right, but he can't do it in 1 season...and we have the best D, RB, QB tandem in the world...we can't afford to wait.

I thought like that about Cable originally, but every offensive lineman gets worse, or at best stays the same under him. It doesn't matter if you spend high picks, low picks, scrap heap, the results are the same.

I think Tom Cable could be given a 1st/2nd round pick every year for the O-Line, and the Seahawks would come away with James Carpenter, Justin Britt, John Moffitt, ie more of the same.

Shanahan made OC would assist Cable and give the OL better structure, while designing a better pass game that plays off the run game.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Anyone who has to post this much and dominate the conversation like this fade fellow is insecure about the central point he is trying to make, thus going off in all tangents to try to put out fires who threaten his discussions. I'm glad our offensive coordinator doesn't have these same insecurities.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Fade":3bwlxv1m said:
ilikedlargent":3bwlxv1m said:
Fade":3bwlxv1m said:
ilikedlargent":3bwlxv1m said:

Why are you posting then? It's just something you watch on tv. :D

Because I can and its the new age of communication .
Because someone has to be logical and rational and not a rah Rah 13 tear old .

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":32rnrpx3 said:
Anyone who has to post this much and dominate the conversation like this fade fellow is insecure about the central point he is trying to make, thus going off in all tangents to try to put out fires who threaten his discussions. I'm glad our offensive coordinator doesn't have these same insecurities.

I am the OP bruh, most people are going to respond to that. Then I reply back.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
You're right. Your thread. I'll take this opportunity to leave this pointless discussion, which is well within my right.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":2uvyechm said:

Textbook irony.

Irony is a tough one to nail purposely for many; quite easy for most accidentally.

Gotta love it!

King Dog

Reaction score
Fade":19a67sew said:
You are in over your head when it comes to offensive football at the professional level. Now I know you love to have your say on the that side of the ball, and Darrell Bevell is a good yes man for you, and Tom Cable talks a good game, but this offense is an abomination from all aspects. ."

Dear Fade,

Thank you for your letter. The Pony Express dropped it in my mailbox yesterday. I have no doubt you were a great football player for your high school.

Sincerely,

Pete Carroll

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
King Dog":7hte15nl said:
Fade":7hte15nl said:
You are in over your head when it comes to offensive football at the professional level. Now I know you love to have your say on the that side of the ball, and Darrell Bevell is a good yes man for you, and Tom Cable talks a good game, but this offense is an abomination from all aspects. ."

Dear Fade,

Thank you for your letter. The Pony Express dropped it in my mailbox yesterday. I have no doubt you were a great football player for your high school.

Sincerely,

Pete Carroll

:lol: Thank You for responding.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2z0sj75o said:
ilikedlargent":2z0sj75o said:

Textbook irony.

Irony is a tough one to nail purposely for many; quite easy for most accidentally.

Gotta love it!
:lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Fade":3597pusu said:
charcoalbg":3597pusu said:
First post here and I normally do not post in any forums but I just have to vent on the past 4 game offensive strategies (lack of). Bottom line I saw absolutely no adjustments on the Offense side. Like most of the time Bevell has 5-10 plays during a game running it over and over again hoping they succeed. During this Detroit game they were blitzing so often, could the OC not incorporate more low risk dink and dunk plays to ease off the pass rush. Then when Defense doesn't blitz you start going further down field? What's wrong with take what the Defense give you? I think they need more of these going forward so Russell can have more rhythm and more comfortable in pocket throwing.

In the original topic of other alternatives for OC, I am surprised no one mentioned Norm Chow? Wasn't he the mastermind OC during Pete's championship USC days? Plus didn't Norm make Vince Young in Tennessee look like a pro bowler?

Norm Chow would be awesome, but I believe he and Pete had a falling out.

Chow was absolutely terrible in Tennessee

Shanahan's ego is too big to take an OC gig IMO. At least to co-exist with Carroll.

Bevell isn't going anywhere IMO unless a team hires him away.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":1pln889e said:
themunn":1pln889e said:
lol Shanahan who has only won 1 playoff game since Elway retired

As an OC, Bevell has been to two straight Superb Owls, winning one. By your logic, he must be the best in the biz?

Was Pete a bad hire? What exactly are you saying? This is the epitome of an ignorant post.

Is critical thought outlawed in Washington?

Jesus people.

Fade is spot on. There is a faction of .netters who think it's blasphemy to discuss ways to make this team better. Why? Why can't we discuss ways to make this team better? Damn sure the frickin coaches are! Do you guys have even the slightest inkling that Pete is sitting back saying to himself, "wait a second Pete, don't you dare contemplate ways to improve this offense- these coaches got me two straight Superb Owls".

The folks that don't understand the OP here don't get it. It's discussion, ideas...IDEAS.

Without progressive ideology this game would be void of the forward pass.

Maybe Shanny isn't the best solution- but if you disagree, then why exactly? Can you provide a better alternative other than "there's nothing to see here- we're coming off two Superb Owls" or "he's only won one playoff game since Elway" (although had us on the ropes until 3 was injured)

Thank you. You get it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kf3339":3fmpk4x6 said:
charcoalbg":3fmpk4x6 said:

Yes to both comments about Norm Chow. But the problem in the USC days was that PC didn't like to share the success so Norm went away.

At least that is what I remember.
Norm went away because Pete promoted Sark and Kiffin in order to keep them on the staff, which meant Norm was seeing his role gradually cut back. Norm also was interviewing for head coaching jobs at the time (there was a rumor he was trying to convince Sanchez to transfer with him if he were to get hired--though I have no clue whether it's true).

When Pete first hired Norm Chow, USC used Norm's offense from BYU. The results were not all that satisfactory the first year, partly because of injuries to the RBs and partly due to scheme. After USC lost in the Las Vegas Bowl 10-6, Pete decided the offense needed an overhaul.

That offseason Pete consulted with Alex Gibbs and Jon Gruden. He implemented zone blocking to the o-line and added some vertical passing concepts to the passing game. USC lost only two games the next season, Carson Palmer won the Heisman, USC curb stomped Iowa in the Orange Bowl and the Trojans were off and running--literally and figuratively.

Norm repeatedly told people that the offense USC ran starting in the 2002 season was Pete's offense.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":qdshzxrx said:
Shanahan's ego is too big to take an OC gig IMO. At least to co-exist with Carroll.

I agree w/Shanny's ego, that would be the biggest hurdle.

Latest posts