Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DohBoy":36nvfq14 said:
Uh yeah...we went ahead and self-investigated ourselves and uh, we did some experimental stuffs and uh, we didn't find anything wrong and stuff. So uh, lets just call this one closed and move on now. You're welcome.

41Grbv8
Yep, 'move along folks.....nothing to see here'.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Laloosh":2lu5biob said:
50yrpatsfan":2lu5biob said:
hawknation2015":2lu5biob said:
50yrpatsfan":2lu5biob said:
This is the best run organization in sports with a very veteran staff.

You know you are making this claim on the board of the reigning Super Bowl champions, right?

I guarantee you won't be singing the same tune after we Re-Pete.

:th2thumbs:

Get real. NE has owned this league for the past 15 years. They own 3 Lombardi's and came within a literal whisker of 3 more. The Hawks until they prove otherwise are just another 1 time winner. And trust me they aren't winning this one.
I love it when these guys drop the act and show their true colors. For your sake, I hope getting your hat handed to you by the super bowl losers last year taught you how to handle disappointment. I see more in your future.

They haven't won a Super Bowl in TEN YEARS. And that one was later clouded by their cheating in Spygate. George W. Bush was in the first year of his 2nd term. Hurricane Katrina would not happen for over six months.

YET, they still think they are the shiz.

Mjl

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3610rivn said:
Unfortunately for the Hawks, they're going to have to pay the price for this. NE will have laser focus for this one.

Oh no!

Now they are going to be laser focused!

Lol.. "pay the price".

These are the types of things that many have said before having a game day meltdown.

When you have the fastest, most physical team in the league that beats you by imposing their will on you; then you tell them that the team across the line from them was just caught for outright cheating and not getting penalized for it?

Just who do you think is really going to be paying the price?

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
fansince1999":ywijsldy said:
50yrpatsfan":ywijsldy said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

His PC was all smoke and mirrors and still does not explain how all the Colts balls were still exactly within the limits. :!:

It actually doesn't matter at all what the Colts balls measured, just how NE's ended up at 11 psi. But I'll give you a few possibilities:
- they over-inflated theirs a la Aaron Rodgers, and should be investigated for it
- they didn't prep the surface of theirs as the Pats and many other teams do
- theirs were full of cold air when they turned them over to the refs

Any combination of these 3 things would cause the psi in their balls to remain steady

razor150

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":30c9j843 said:
Makes sense. Artificially heat up the ball so it meets pressure requirements on inspection, knowing it will lose significant pressure when it cools. Bill basically just revealed the scam.

That is what I was going to say. He just admittd to a process that artificially increases ball pressure by 1 psi while the ball is being tested, and then expects us to believe that wasn't on purpose.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
BillBelichick":oxhw3mxq said:
Is prepping game balls cheating?

It depends on what you mean by "prepping."

We all need to simmer down a bit unless this thread is moved into the Shack. Honestly, we'd probably meet each other in real life - all of us - and enjoy the others' company. But matters can get testy when anonymity and sports discussion collide.

Many of us on this board (admittedly, Seahawks fans) are of the opinion that a 13ºF drop in temperature (from a average room temperature of 70º F to the official AFCCG Gamebook-listed temperature of 57ºF) would in no way facilitate a minimum 2 PSI loss in 11 game balls - and not their opponents' - over the course of three hours of play. This does not appear to be possible.

If the game was a cold one, which is to say, 10ºF or less, then Bill Belichick's explanation - which did not, if you will note, deny that the game balls were being used at an illegal PSI - would be much closer to the realm of possibility. But a 57º game is not a cold one, and the temperature drop is not nearly severe enough. If game balls lost that much pressure in cold games, the NFL would be paying ball boys to continuously pump them during sideline sessions throughout games, and Wilson would be dropped from their long-standing contract with the league. But this is not the case.

The NFL, with the facts that they had in hand days ago, have launched an investigation that has so far included interviews of at least 40 individuals. This is potentially the largest NFL investigation since "Bountygate."

The NFL has clearly stated that the footballs at halftime were illegally below the accepted weight of 12.5-13.5 PSI, and Coach Belichick seems to have only underscored this point with his press conference today. Obviously, the facts as the NFL knows them are indicative of potentially serious violations; they're being taken seriously enough to launch this investigation at the worst moment of the year for them - in the middle of the all-important two-week media period between the Championship Round and the Super Bowl.

We'll see what happens at the end of the day. The tree is being shaken vigorously.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1quv4p60 said:
hawknation2015":1quv4p60 said:
50yrpatsfan":1quv4p60 said:

You know you are making this claim on the board of the reigning Super Bowl champions, right?

Get real. NE has owned this league for the past 15 years. They own 3 Lombardi's and came within a literal whisker of 3 more. The Hawks until they prove otherwise are just another 1 time winner. And trust me they aren't winning this one.

You also came within a whisker of losing those three Super Bowls.

FACT: Patriots have never won a Super Bowl by more than three points.

rideaducati

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3onzqjq5 said:
fansince1999":3onzqjq5 said:
50yrpatsfan":3onzqjq5 said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

His PC was all smoke and mirrors and still does not explain how all the Colts balls were still exactly within the limits. :!:

It actually doesn't matter at all what the Colts balls measured, just how NE's ended up at 11 psi. But I'll give you a few possibilities:
- they over-inflated theirs a la Aaron Rodgers, and should be investigated for it

Any combination of these 3 things would cause the psi in their balls to remain steady

This post is idiot.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
DohBoy":123ox4im said:
50yrpatsfan who sounds a lot like an idiot 49ers Fan":123ox4im said:
agtom.brady.anal.pounding

Oh God...living off the glory of yesteryear. That legacy and a roll of toilet paper will give you a good wipe.

Wake up, Nancyboy: You scored nine frickin' points against the Bills. You only beat the Ravens by four. Both of those games in the last month...

It's time for you to quit playin' with yourself around here and run back to mama. Last year it was ignorant Donkey schmucks who were sniffing around .Net...talking trash about how an aging QB and a top offense was going to smoke the 'Hawks. Well how'd that work, Cupcake? You need to face a simple fact: The AFC is SLOW, only slightly less so than your mental faculties.

BTW Troll: Nice Uggs.

The stakes for the Patriots are absurdly high here.

If they lose yet another Super Bowl, they will have have spent ten straight seasons without winning one, losing twice to a mouth breather. That would be a pretty terrible situation for such a "dominant" team.

If that's 2/3rds of owning the league, then I don't know what the other two (Steelers, Giants) and the theoretically additional (Seahawks) teams are doing wrong with two Super Bowl wins in ten seasons versus zero.

At this point I think I'd rather see the Patriots lose another Super Bowl more than the Seahawks win it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2p8ndfx0 said:
fansince1999":2p8ndfx0 said:
50yrpatsfan":2p8ndfx0 said:

This isn't a court room. Trying to concoct reasonable doubt much? They're full of shit and your lazy assumptions don't even come close to being reasonable.

Go pat your fellow fans on the back and spare us the BS report. I don't even care if your balls are under inflated but it was obvious that Belichick and Brady were full of it.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
And more to my previous post above: if the "natural" PSI loss in one half of play is at least 2 PSI, does that mean that a ball would lose even more over the course of one game, on average, in only 57º weather? Do any of us believe this?

I will call Wilson to confirm on Monday.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We live in Seattle.

Seattle has a thriving tech culture, just as Boston does. So anyone in Boston foolish enough to pretend this is not an indicator is lying.

The data is very clear. And the data says that the Patriots are cheating.

Before 2007, the # of fumbles lost essentially mirrored the NFL average +/- a few % points. Primarily in minus, because like a good coach. Bill reinforced behaviors that prevented fumbling.

However, after 2007, the difference between the # of fumbles lost and the NFL average wildly diverged. This is clear. This is the data and no amount of whitewashing will change that.

So what happened around 2006-2007? The NFL changed the rules allowing visiting teams to supply their own balls.

Also, you can look at certain Patriots players with a large difference between the amount of fumbles per year as Pat vs their performance on another team. (For example a certain player that went to Cincy).

The truth is that whether the Pats win or lose, they have a reputation for cheating - this reinforces that. Winning or losing the SB will not change it, nor will it change the legacy that the Patriots have forged of clearly repeatedly breaking rules for competitive advantage (this is called cheating).

Which means that you can openly question whether they should have won any of their SBs, or even been to the last 3. How much has their previous cheating affected their ability to play for SBs or some of the ones they won by a FG? 1? 2? 3?

The Patriots might have accomplished as much as the Buffalo Bills in their heyday, but for the fraud. So what does that make Bill or Tom? Were they the best of their generation? Or just the best at not getting caught?

I used to like the Pats but I lost all respect for them and any respect for their "accomplishments" along with it. (And one needs to be reminded this is just the cheating they were caught at. So far 2 entirely unrelated incidents of cheating means they likely have many more that never were uncovered.)

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
hawknation2015":6z3w610n said:
50yrpatsfan":6z3w610n said:
hawknation2015":6z3w610n said:
50yrpatsfan":6z3w610n said:

You also came within a whisker of losing those three Super Bowls.

FACT: Patriots have never won a Super Bowl by more than three points.

Fair point. All 5 SB's were very exciting close games. The other game I was referring to was the AFCC loss to Indy 38-34, as the SB opponent that year was one of the worst SB teams of all times, the Rex Grossman Bears.

jkitsune

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":n27nmyv8 said:
SalishHawkFan":n27nmyv8 said:
This all played out perfectly for the Patriots. It went from being a distraction to a war cry.

They are going to be practically invincible next Sunday. Gonna require a miracle better than what we conjured against Green Bay to beat them now.

The whole thing pisses me off. Each time I think I could never despise the media more, they go and pull new shenanigans out of their asses.

It's incredible to me that you seem to think that this is what determines who wins football games.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ocw205h said:
We live in Seattle.

Seattle has a thriving tech culture, just as Boston does. So anyone in Boston foolish enough to pretend this is not an indicator is lying.

Before 2007, the # of fumbles lost essentially mirrored the NFL average +/- a few % points. Primarily in minus, because like a good coach. Bill reinforced behaviors that prevented fumbling.

However, after 2007, the difference between the # of fumbles lost and the NFL average wildly diverged. This is clear. This is the data and no amount of whitewashing will change that.

So what happened around 2006-2007? The NFL changed the rules allowing visiting teams to supply their own balls.

Also, you can look at certain Patriots players with a large difference between the amount of fumbles per year as Pat vs their performance on another team. (For example a certain player that went to Cincy).

The truth is that whether the Pats win or lose, they have a reputation for cheating - this reinforces that. Winning or losing the SB will not change it, nor will it change the legacy that the Patriots have forged of clearly repeatedly breaking rules for competitive advantage (this is called cheating).

Which means that you can openly question whether they should have won any of their SBs, or even been to the last 3. How much has their previous cheating affected their ability to play for SBs or some of the ones they won by a FG? 1? 2? 3?

The Patriots might have accomplished as much as the Buffalo Bills in their heyday, but for the fraud. So what does that make Bill or Tom? Were they the best of their generation? Or just the best at not getting caught?

I used to like the Pats but I lost all respect for them and any respect for their "accomplishments" along with it. (And one needs to be reminded this is just the cheating they were caught at. So far 2 entirely unrelated incidents of cheating means they likely have many more that never were uncovered.)

So because the Patriots are the best in football at avoiding fumbles, we have proof they are cheaters. Wow, that's a breathtaking assertion. Can you please submit this proof to U-dub for validation? Then we can petition the league to have all their SB & AFC championship trophies returned.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":uo0axztp said:
TwistedHusky":uo0axztp said:
We live in Seattle.

Your homer glasses are not allowing you to see the point. The evidence is that while nearly all teams are right in the same mean, your team is suspiciously below that. It's definitely not proof, but it is damning evidence.

So because the Patriots are the best in football at avoiding fumbles, we have proof they are cheaters. Wow, that's a breathtaking assertion. Can you please submit this proof to U-dub for validation? Then we can petition the league to have all their SB & AFC championship trophies returned.
The point isn't that the graph proves your team are cheaters. It does not. However, it provide damning circumstantial evidence that it could well be the case because they're well below the mean that nearly all other teams are right near.

razor150

Reaction score
The Pats fans in this thread are freaking delusonal. Billicheck just explained the process of taking an underinflated ball, by 1 psi, and making it temporarily at the league minimum during testing. He just told you how he cheated, yet you al buy it hook line and sinker. To get under pressure as much as the balls were they had to start below pressure before prepping. So they were purposely under inflating them.

LusciousJames

Reaction score
One thing that's clear is they're not going to be able to pull this crap in the SB, like they've been doing at least all year. The over-under on number of Pats fumbles should be a gabillion.5, and take the over.

Foghawk

Reaction score
LusciousJames":me62ym2w said:
One thing that's clear is they're not going to be able to pull this crap in the SB, like they've been doing at least all year. The over-under on number of Pats fumbles should be a gabillion.5, and take the over.

All hail to the 6" punch!

Status
Not open for further replies.