Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3h9mje44 said:
RunTheBall":3h9mje44 said:
2 days ago: Belicheat says he has no clue about how the footballs are prepared and basically defers to Tom Brady

Today: Belicheat says he knows exactly how the footballs are prepared and says no one broke any rules.

Yep, his story IS SO BELIEVABLE.

2011: Brady says he prefers footballs to be deflated somewhat

2015: Brady suddenly has no idea how to tell the difference.

The only ones who buy this story are the Patriot homers.
Yep, a QB that has been in the league for 15 seasons has no clue how to tell the difference between football being inflated or deflated, it's TOTALLY BELIEVABLE GUYS!!!

TAB420

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1x899r9g said:
You'll see. This is dead and buried. NE did nothing wrong. Who knows what Indy did preparing their balls, but most likely they had them outdoors on a bus prior to handing them over to the ref. No rubbing them up that afternoon, no temp diff = no psi change.

The only problem with this, 50 year old Patsie , you don't decide what the nation thinks. Ask anyone who isn't a Pats fan and they will tell you the same thing, the Pat's are cheaters and their championships are tarnished. Go start a support group with Pete Rose.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Foghawk":2ue4389w said:
Doesn't get more convincing then that folks.

130512-oj-hmed-1p.jpg

"If the ball don't deflate, you must liberate."

HawkMeat

Reaction score
DohBoy":204rqytn said:
Uh yeah...we went ahead and self-investigated ourselves and uh, we did some experimental stuffs and uh, we didn't find anything wrong and stuff. So uh, lets just call this one closed and move on now. You're welcome.

41Grbv8
Hahaha. This entire deflate gate is hilarious. Like Belichick know science too. Gtfo. Some of these people, patriot fans, are some funny shit. I mean really.

Plus..who cares. Belichick and his balls mean nothing to me this game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Albert Breer, who is a Patriots homer who works for NFL Network, just said on the radio that he believes Belichick. But he does think Brady was lying.

He also said he believes the NFL would have wrapped this up if they didn't have something damning on the Pats. The fact that this isn't wrapped up and over with means the NFL has something on the Pats and they are waiting until after the Super Bowl to deal with it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1ii4n5hf said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/24/belichick-now-has-the-ammunition-to-get-his-team-ready-to-beat-seattle/

Just thought I would put this here, interesting take from the league official they talk to.

Don't like where things are headed.

You're unbelievable.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3cpaw706 said:
Blitzer88":3cpaw706 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/24/belichick-now-has-the-ammunition-to-get-his-team-ready-to-beat-seattle/

Just thought I would put this here, interesting take from the league official they talk to.

You're unbelievable.
Jeremy Lane could return a pick 6 to win the Superb Owl and Blitzer88 would still be whining about how Lane talked too much crap before the game. Blitzer88 is better on ignore, it's like he is rooting for us to fail.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2miplu5g said:

The Broncos thought they were going to slaughter the Seahawks too.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Makes sense. Artificially heat up the ball so it meets pressure requirements on inspection, knowing it will lose significant pressure when it cools. Bill basically just revealed the scam.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seanhawk":b21toc5z said:
Blitzer88":b21toc5z said:

You're unbelievable.

I know I am, thanks for noticing :D

But, honestly do you not think this is fueling the Pats? I sure do, when we had guys getting suspended for whatever it was they took and people were calling us cheaters it brought the team together and they were able to brush it aside and pull off multiple wins. The us against the world mentality this is giving the Pats does matter.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":28l4n3ce said:

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas Gif

If the Patriots need motivation to win the Super Bowl.. they've already lost.

One of the worst cliches in all of sports.. the.. "OMG now they're angry and stuff!"

Fans calling Tom Brady a cheater aren't going to influence whether or not Kam Chancellor won't break a WR in half that tries to run a crossing pattern on him. They won't block Bobby Wagner and open up holes for Leg Carrot Blount. They won't help them slow down Marshawn Lynch and contain Russell Wilson's mobility.

chris98251

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":24ckwi38 said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

Causes them to go up, then they will stabilize after they sit again, they don't take and measure and throw the balls on the field, if I remember correctly they do the measuring the day before or early that day, well after the ball prep has been done. So this argument is moot, the fact it causes the pressure to go up after properly inflating and then prepping further indicates that they were deflated, not the opposite.

Also the balls are kept in the equipment area or referees area, indoors prior to game time, maybe an hour or so before a regular game all the equipment is brought out and the balls are in a container of some sort for transport be it a equipment box or whatever. Again not sitting outside for hours on end in the rain and exposed to elements. Also how often is the temperature during games so low that it affects balls continually throughout the season.

Lies, spin, lies, spin, lies, spin to navigate away from the real situation, the Pats cheated and deflated balls.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1tf48al1 said:
Seanhawk":1tf48al1 said:
Blitzer88":1tf48al1 said:

You're unbelievable.
Jeremy Lane could return a pick 6 to win the Superb Owl and Blitzer88 would still be whining about how Lane talked too much crap before the game. Blitzer88 is better on ignore, it's like he is rooting for us to fail.

Yes, you found me out, only thing I want in life is for my Hawks to fail! I just am not a person that is the eternal optimist like many are around here, I am and always have been a pessimist. So if you don't like heraing from someone that isn't always wearing rose colored glasses then yeah, put me on ignore. However, did I say we were gonna lose, no, all I did was post an article that references a league source talking about how the Pats are using this to motivate themselves. Like how our own players have done over the years, ABD and Sherm just to name a few. I really just want this whole deflate-gate crap to go way as soon as possible.

DohBoy

Reaction score
HawkMeat":f3oz0crd said:
Some of these people, patriot fans, are some funny shit.

Remember, this is basically what we're dealing with when it comes to Pats fans:

Photo

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3iw6qjvw said:
Blitzer88":3iw6qjvw said:

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas Gif

If the Patriots need motivation to win the Super Bowl.. they've already lost.

One of the worst cliches in all of sports.. the.. "OMG now they're angry and stuff!"

Fans calling Tom Brady a cheater aren't going to influence whether or not Kam Chancellor won't break a WR in half that tries to run a crossing pattern on him. They won't block Bobby Wagner and open up holes for Leg Carrot Blount. They won't help them slow down Marshawn Lynch and contain Russell Wilson's mobility.

True, but I still think motivation or the us against the world narrative they are developing is pretty big for certain teams, like our own.

mikeak

Reaction score
forgivenhawksfan":a9z6c537 said:
Yeah, exactly, Patriots balls deflate by 2 psi during the game but colts balls don't. Good job belicheat, I'm convinced. Lmao

Different baselines

Patriots acknowledge that they inflated to the minimum allowed

If the Colts went closer to the upper limit their balls would be legal despite losing the same amount of PSI

This does NOT mean the patriots haven't played with under inflated footballs for a long time. Just means they may have a relatively legit reason and other teams are in the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts