Deflategate basically over after today's press conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneCold

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3m9d6npp said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

Awesome! Glad we got that over. Now let's play some football. Patriots are going to get slaughtered. You know how I know this? This morning I rubbed my balls for and hour and they deflated.

SC

Morpheus08

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1mi34dpj said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

They owe your team an apology? Wow, now I really have heard it all. Outside of the Patriots fans, I've not seen a single person that believes any of this b.s.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1d2mqpi4 said:
Seanhawk":1d2mqpi4 said:
Blitzer88":1d2mqpi4 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/24/belichick-now-has-the-ammunition-to-get-his-team-ready-to-beat-seattle/

Just thought I would put this here, interesting take from the league official they talk to.

Don't like where things are headed.

You're unbelievable.

I know I am, thanks for noticing :D

But, honestly do you not think this is fueling the Pats? I sure do, when we had guys getting suspended for whatever it was they took and people were calling us cheaters it brought the team together and they were able to brush it aside and pull off multiple wins. The us against the world mentality this is giving the Pats does matter.

I'm sure it's fueling the Pats and they have an us against the world mentality. Sounds familiar. There's another team that has been playing with an us against the world mentality for most of the season and they are fueled by a championship mentality. But if you want to quiver based on one comment from an unnamed "league source", go right ahead.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Belichick must be desperate to get this thing killed by Media Day, because that dude never talks this much. He probably just backfired it and added fuel to the fire, so have a fun week, Patriots.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3f7nnf0z said:
Blitzer88":3f7nnf0z said:
Seanhawk":3f7nnf0z said:
Blitzer88":3f7nnf0z said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/24/belichick-now-has-the-ammunition-to-get-his-team-ready-to-beat-seattle/

Just thought I would put this here, interesting take from the league official they talk to.

You're unbelievable.

But, honestly do you not think this is fueling the Pats? I sure do, when we had guys getting suspended for whatever it was they took and people were calling us cheaters it brought the team together and they were able to brush it aside and pull off multiple wins. The us against the world mentality this is giving the Pats does matter.

I'm sure it's fueling the Pats and they have an us against the world mentality. Sounds familiar. There's another team that has been playing with an us against the world mentality for most of the season and they are fueled by a championship mentality. But if you want to quiver based on one comment from an unnamed "league source", go right ahead.

You know I will, that's my job around here, to worry about stupid crap so others don't have to. :th2thumbs:

It also didn't help that I hung out with a Packer fan last night, he wasn't too happy with me as a Hawk fan.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":24zwyo31 said:
Makes sense. Artificially heat up the ball so it meets pressure requirements on inspection, knowing it will lose significant pressure when it cools. Bill basically just revealed the scam.
This was exactly my reaction. Fess up on the technique but portray it as accidental.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
So, instead of getting ready to face the Seahawks, old Billy Boy and his team have been conducting scientific experiments on balls for the past few days. Why do this if you didn't do something wrong? If you're innocent, wouldn't you just worry about the task at hand and ignore the noise?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Blitzer88":122da2c7 said:
True, but I still think motivation or the us against the world narrative they are developing is pretty big for certain teams, like our own.

Blitz.. I promise you.. if Seattle loses (they won't), it will be because the Patriots outplayed them. Not because they were angry about media and fans questioning the legitimacy of some air in footballs

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ln6ziln said:
Blitzer88":3ln6ziln said:
True, but I still think motivation or the us against the world narrative they are developing is pretty big for certain teams, like our own.

Blitz.. I promise you.. if Seattle loses (they won't), it will be because the Patriots outplayed them. Not because they were angry about media and fans questioning the legitimacy of some air in footballs

I know, but you know me, its just the way I am. I am a big proponent of motivation and I never like the opposition having something they can use beyond the magnitude of the game.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Wow, what a difference a few days make. Well, the NFL has a mountain to overcome now. Unless they have some solid evidence, and unless the refs did their jobs inspecting those footballs, and we have some PSI measurements on paper, this one is over. File it. Not even a fine will be levied. Finally, I can start talking Seattle/Patriots football. There is still a chance the NFL has some secret evidence, but I think basically this is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_I-qypKpY

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
furi0usbee":2l59cjew said:
Wow, what a difference a few days make. Well, the NFL has a mountain to overcome now. Unless they have some solid evidence, and unless the refs did their jobs inspecting those footballs, and we have some PSI measurements on paper, this one is over. File it. Not even a fine will be levied. Finally, I can start talking Seattle/Patriots football. There is still a chance the NFL has some secret evidence, but I think basically this is done.

Oh neat, another Pats fan that thinks this is somehow over.

:lol:

Exittium

Reaction score
Belicheat and co keeps digging their graves deeper.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
DohBoy":3t662lr0 said:
50yrpatsfan":3t662lr0 said:
barney01_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

And yet, we still have this:

Qc1GyfB

We call that "game" son ;)

Alexander

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2ockz6uv said:
Seanhawk":2ockz6uv said:
Blitzer88":2ockz6uv said:

You're unbelievable.

Our guys getting suspended had nothing to do with fueling them or bringing the team together. Our guys were practically MADE with a chip on their shoulder. I'd buy the argument that they were so self-motivated and that the locker room was so tight that they were able to OVERCOME the obstacle. But it was still an obstacle.

Likewise, the Pats may have the leadership and culture to stay focused in the face of all this noise, but I don't for one second think it's going to make them bigger, faster, stronger, louder. If you're playing in the Super Bowl and you're not already ridiculously motivated, you don't belong there.

My prediction? This has zero effect one way or the other. But if it does have an effect, it's not going to be a bad one for us.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
DohBoy":3nvfears said:
HawkMeat":3nvfears said:
Some of these people, patriot fans, are some funny shit.

Remember, this is basically what we're dealing with when it comes to Pats fans:

Photo
Haha. So true. I forgot Peter is a Pats fan too.

I so want to see more gifs like this, and others in the thread. Funniest stuff all day.

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2dt1r29d said:
furi0usbee":2dt1r29d said:

Oh neat, another Pats fan that thinks this is somehow over.

:lol:

I don't think it's over, I'm telling you it's over. The NFL isn't looking dumb and sitting on this case for nothing... they have nothing, and now have to figure out how to issue a press release where not even a fine is handed down. I'd rather now talk about how Sherman's injury is going to hurt Seattle and how Brady and Co. can take advantage of that.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":yzs9eirc said:

Let me guess. You...

- think OJ is innocent
- thought the French were out to get Lance Armstrong
- believed the specimen holder set-up Ryan Braun
- thought the Y2K Apocalypse was going to happen
- believe in the tooth ferry and Santa Claus

But please, continue to post. Laughter is good for the soul.

DohBoy

Reaction score
chris98251":3bqd4kib said:

That frickin' haircut. He reminds of the kid from "Problem Child."

DXmwMI0

The thing is, in his cupcake modeling world, that's probably a $300 hair cut...something you could get for free from a Flowbee and a vacuum cleaner. Uggs. Lulz.

randomation

Reaction score
furi0usbee":cm5es4nb said:
DohBoy":cm5es4nb said:
50yrpatsfan":cm5es4nb said:

And yet, we still have this:

Qc1GyfB

We call that "game" son ;)

Pretty amazing the turnaround from last year to this year I must say almost as though something was making it easier for the running backs to hold onto the balls easier to grip perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts