Denver post: seahawks didn't beat broncos a team

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I left a comment for ol' Mike, but it looks like it takes a day for it to be approved by the moderator.

I would give at least a LITTLE credence to what he's saying if I even read or heard one SHRED of evidence to what he's saying. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE hedged the Broncos injuries before the game as to why they might get biblically destroyed.

Sorry, but if you consider yourself a credible journalist, you can't puke up crap like this after the fact.

amill87

Reaction score
jblaze":3nydkgsg said:
amill87":3nydkgsg said:
jblaze":3nydkgsg said:
Hahaha. Love it. This is what you get when you try to make excuses when you flop in the biggest game. SF did the same thing following the NFCCG, they blamed the ref's.

Losers will always look at everything but themselves when they lose and that's why they won't get better. This is what happens when you don't have a "next man up" approach and beat yourselves mentally. Injuries happen to everyone. Our team beat your team BADLY, end of story.

I can't wait to hear their excuses when we get them in the 1st game next year on Thursday night in Seattle and we stomp them again. I'm sure it will be about how unfair the Clink is then.

Losers always deflect and it's show a complete lack of class and dignity.

Kinda like we did for 8 years after 05?

I love listening to the Denver media try to figure out what happened because they were so cocky before the game but let's not get up on a soap box as fans.

Maybe you did, I didn't. Also there was confirmed blown calls by the ref's themselves yearly later which lends credibility and validity to the complaints as opposed to the whiners who cited calls that weren't even talked about on sports talk radio or anyone outside of SF. If there's no unbiased corroboration outside of the parties involved, it's pure speculation and conspiracy theory.

It's a really good and valid excuse for the 05 team, but it's still an excuse. They weren't good enough to overcome the officiating.

Is there any doubt in your mind that if the refs made a bunch of bad calls this year that we still wouldn't have won?

My point is we got ours. I don't care if we bash the media (which we are doing here) but I don't think we should look down at their fans for trying to find a way to cope.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cmrd784 said:
I left a comment for ol' Mike, but it looks like it takes a day for it to be approved by the moderator.

I would give at least a LITTLE credence to what he's saying if I even read or heard one SHRED of evidence to what he's saying. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE hedged the Broncos injuries before the game as to why they might get biblically destroyed.

Sorry, but if you consider yourself a credible journalist, you can't puke up crap like this after the fact.
exactly, if there was an article prior to the game saying the broncos will have a tough time overcoming injuries, and that may give seattle the advantage, I could see where he's coming from.
There was nothing of the sort

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mike Klis is just as big a loser as the Vaunted Denver Broncos.

AND, for those who are telling fellow Seahawks fans to get down off their soap boxes?, you know where you can stuff it. :141847_bnono:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
themunn":328k6wfs said:
That article is quite frustrating

More for the fact that they're whinging about missing Ryan Clady and two centers, who between the three of them played TWO GAMES all season long, and yet the offense still set records.

Those are the only offensive players that they had missing, and they managed to score a grand total of 8 points - less than our defense scored alone.

It's like us complaining that we didn't have Anthony McCoy
Okay, I normally am not the spelling police, but I've seen this so many times on this website that I'm starting to think it's viral and one person's mistake has mislead others into thinking this is how it's spelled. The word is WHINING, not WHINGING.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1h6pvvj6 said:
themunn":1h6pvvj6 said:
That article is quite frustrating

More for the fact that they're whinging about missing Ryan Clady and two centers, who between the three of them played TWO GAMES all season long, and yet the offense still set records.

Those are the only offensive players that they had missing, and they managed to score a grand total of 8 points - less than our defense scored alone.

It's like us complaining that we didn't have Anthony McCoy
Okay, I normally am not the spelling police, but I've seen this so many times on this website that I'm starting to think it's viral and one person's mistake has mislead others into thinking this is how it's spelled. The word is WHINING, not WHINGING.

"Whinging" is the British version.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1677070v said:
Funny that these injuries didn't stop the broncos from going 13-3, putting up the best offense ever, and beating the chargers and patriots in the playoffs.

Suddenly they are an issue against Seattle?

I'm sorry.

The Broncos got beat because they had one game plan, and an idiotic one against Seattle's defense. Throw the ball short and hope for YAC - that's all they did. It was plan A, B, and C. When it didn't work they sulked around the sidelines not even looking for answers, because they had none.

Piss poor game planning by a QB, Coach, and GM you'd expect more from.

Yup. re-watched some of the game on the weekend. you could tell by the look on Peyton's face while sitting on the bench as early as the 1st quarter that they had nothing else to throw at us. For all his "check-check-Omaha" bullshit, he didn't have a single adjustment to make. It was exactly how we all said it would be. LOB owned his ass.

Not to mention their brilliant defensive gameplan of putting 9 guys in the box to shut down Marshawn and forcing Russell Wilson to beat them. mmmkay. if that's how you want it...

Seriously though, if I hear one more person comment on Peyton Manning being classy I'm going to vommit.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I shall rewatch it soon as I start to do some recording on a working copy for safe keeping. I remember that basically there was only one or two items he could do to make it and our team shut them down. He had no fix and the coaches had no fix for it either. Another quarterback that had not been tried or another running back that we had no idea how to defense was not available. We knew that what our team does is un-offensible. They learned that on the field. And the biggest thing they only mentioned one time was the 12s. They showed up and represented, and supported their team. Way to go 12s.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jblaze":193b2cua said:
The AFC is soft. We would have done the same thing to the Patriots.

Finesse your way right to the therapist donkey's.
This. Plus I think Frisco, the 'Aints and Carolina beat them too, just not as badly as the Hawks did.

After the fact excuse making is as pathetic as it gets.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The author is a major doucebag who called Sherman a fake tough guy. Screw him.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Kliss or whatever his name is did not write those articles on Sherman, they was cizla
Reaneypark":28mi52gt said:
The author is a major doucebag who called Sherman a fake tough guy. Screw him.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tiny-Violin.jpg

plyka

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3ou1gxx2 said:
amill87":3ou1gxx2 said:
jblaze":3ou1gxx2 said:
Hahaha. Love it. This is what you get when you try to make excuses when you flop in the biggest game. SF did the same thing following the NFCCG, they blamed the ref's.

Losers will always look at everything but themselves when they lose and that's why they won't get better. This is what happens when you don't have a "next man up" approach and beat yourselves mentally. Injuries happen to everyone. Our team beat your team BADLY, end of story.

I can't wait to hear their excuses when we get them in the 1st game next year on Thursday night in Seattle and we stomp them again. I'm sure it will be about how unfair the Clink is then.

I love listening to the Denver media try to figure out what happened because they were so cocky before the game but let's not get up on a soap box as fans.

Except it wasn't just us...even the official apologized and admitted he called a horrible game

True, the official did admit to making some mistakes. But looking back on it, many years later, which team really deserved that superbowl? If i'm being unbiased, I say that it was a complete toss up. The Steelers were as good as the Hawks. They were an even match. And in that even match, the HAwks just did not bring it, while the Steelers did. The Steelers had the emotional edge, just like the HAwks did this year.

Add to that the officials, and you get a Steelers victory. Even if it was an evenly officiated game I frankly do not know who would win.

I can finally admit the above...thank you Seahawks 2013-2014!

rcaido

Reaction score
plyka":2ptzf06y said:
-The Glove-":2ptzf06y said:
amill87":2ptzf06y said:
jblaze":2ptzf06y said:

Except it wasn't just us...even the official apologized and admitted he called a horrible game

True, the official did admit to making some mistakes. But looking back on it, many years later, which team really deserved that superbowl? If i'm being unbiased, I say that it was a complete toss up. The Steelers were as good as the Hawks. They were an even match. And in that even match, the HAwks just did not bring it, while the Steelers did. The Steelers had the emotional edge, just like the HAwks did this year.

Add to that the officials, and you get a Steelers victory. Even if it was an evenly officiated game I frankly do not know who would win.

Uhh no way, it was horrible officiating...Next thing you're going to admit that we deserve to lose the Sonics....

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
plyka":1bg4xl6x said:

Heh. Yes, the '05 'Hawks were a lot weaker team than the Stealers, mentally. But rewatch the first quarter of XL*. Then rewatch the first quarter of XLVIII. Notice anything? The 'Hawks dominated both. The 'Hawks owned that game until the bad calls started coming in. The difference between those Super Bowls was that in '05, the refs made counterblows, and the 'Hawks were stunned with the blatancy of it all and couldn't respond. The '13 team didn't care, and so even on such a blatant wrong call as the Wilson run for the first down, it didn't faze them.

A Super Bowl winning team isn't supposed to be good enough to win against the refs and the other team; it's supposed to be just good enough to beat the other team. That's the one thing that pisses me off the most about XL* apologists who say the 'Hawks should have been good enough to overcome it. No. No they shouldn't have been. They should have been good enough to beat the team, not incredible enough to beat the other team and an unfair playing field. This year's 'Hawks were that incredible, while the Broncos weren't even good enough to make it a close game even with a couple of gift calls, which is what makes this whining and sour grapes from the Denver media and fans all the more comical.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
plyka":2lzg43pg said:

Walter Jones said it best on Mitch's show yesterday, no one was to blame for the 2006 loss other than the Hawks. He said they didn't make the plays when it mattered, and Pittsburgh did.

Great teams overcome adversity, we made excuses..............just like Denver's doing now.

bigcc

Reaction score
plyka":14iubt71 said:
-The Glove-":14iubt71 said:
amill87":14iubt71 said:
jblaze":14iubt71 said:

Add in fair officiating or Marquand Manuel and we win that game. Emotional edge? The only "emotional edge" they had was the fact is was right by home and they were giving out those fukking towels for free to the crowd (how is that not showing bias???)

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
If the Seattle Seahawks played the Super Bowl without left tackle Russell Okung, cornerback and best defensive player Richard Sherman, safety Earl Thomas, defensive end/tackle Michael Bennett, defensive ends Cliff Avril and Chris Clemons and center Max Unger, would they have beat the Broncos?

WOW that is hilarious. They will always lose sleep about "what if" scenarios