Denver post: seahawks didn't beat broncos a team

CANHawk

Reaction score
This is the same windbag that called Danny O'Neil a "weak white man" when Danny said white guys shouldn't use the N-word. My only take away from THAT is that this guy probably thinks it's okay.

Total clown. He's like an ignorant, racist version of Jim Moore; just spouting off emo homer nonsense.

plyka

Reaction score
camdawg":3bwtwy9u said:
plyka":3bwtwy9u said:
Kinda like we did for 8 years after 05?

True, the official did admit to making some mistakes. But looking back on it, many years later, which team really deserved that superbowl? If i'm being unbiased, I say that it was a complete toss up. The Steelers were as good as the Hawks. They were an even match. And in that even match, the HAwks just did not bring it, while the Steelers did. The Steelers had the emotional edge, just like the HAwks did this year.

Add to that the officials, and you get a Steelers victory. Even if it was an evenly officiated game I frankly do not know who would win.

I can finally admit the above...thank you Seahawks 2013-2014!

The nice thing about winning the SB this past season, is it takes a lot of the sting out of SBXL. We don't have to wonder if that was going to be our only shot.

That being said, the suggestion that Pittsburgh had the emotional edge and brought it, doesn't jive with how the game played out. I think you're forgetting just how AWFUL Pittsburgh looked as a team for the first 25-27 minutes of that game. They looked like they didn't get off the team bus. Their offense was beyond awful-Ben was the worst QB in SB history, Bettis and Parker were being shut down. Defensively, they were giving up a ton of yards. Either we were stubbing our toe (the Stevens drops and Brown misses, a couple of legit holding calls), or the numerous bad/questionable calls were stopping us.

Before Pittsburgh's first TD drive, what would the game have looked like if Deshea Townsend is called for pulling on DJack's arm, and/or the first push in the endzone? We still have 1st and 10 at the Steeler 16 after offsetting penalties. If Mack Strong doesn't get screwed on the spot. If a Peter Warrick return doesn't get called back by a questionable penalty. Even on that first TD drive for Pittsburgh, what if they call Max Starks for being an ineligible man downfield on the big pass play that set them up? What if they call the obvious hold on Alan Faneca that opened the hole for Ben on his maybe TD run?

If the Steelers had an emotional edge, it was due to the very pro Steelers crowd. Sucked for us to have to play in a place where Steeler fans could drive from home to the game. That's the breaks.

We did not play a great game that day, for sure. But the refs saved Pittsburgh from the very flat, poor game they played that day in Detroit.

I'm not going to go over superbowl 40 with the entire board here. I'm just telling you, if those two teams play ten times with fair officiating, I think it's a 5/5 split. If this Hawks team plays 10 times against Denver, it's more like 9/1 split. That teams was MAYBE the better team over the Steelers, but maybe they weren't. The Steelers of 05 remind me of a crap version of this '13 Seahawk team. They were the defensive team versus the Hawks being the finesse offensive team. They had the 2nd year QB who is underrated because he doesn't throw for 400 yards through the air. They had the nasty streak, they had the intangibles of special teams, they had that stout defense which STONED the run (3.4 yards per attempt average through the regular season, even better than the Hawks of '13). They had Polamalu (spelling?) who is the exact replica of the best defender on this team, Earl. The list continues.

Latest posts