Denver post: seahawks didn't beat broncos a team

Hawks46

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe the paper's editor even let that whining go to print. Telling us to take our trohpy and go be quiet ? Like they wouldn't revel in the Manning love fest afterwords if they would've won it. Hell, they revelled in the Manning love fest BEFORE the Superbowl.

I also love how they built this Denver team up to this unstoppable offensive juggernaut, citing how they shut down the Patriots and Chargers with defense and how historic thier offense was (which I don't blame them, any fan base would crow about setting all time NFL records), then it's all of the sudden the "B" team when we crush the life out of them.

Sounds just like WHiner fans. They all whine and cry about how our secondary cheats and holds all the time, but refuse to see Ted Ginn Jr's jersey being pulled 2 ft away from his body because their CBs were holding so badly. Harbaugh bitches and whines when GB says they're going to (legally) pound Kaepernick on every Read Option play, then instructs his players to go out and do the same thing the very next game.

We beat the crap out of the Broncos so badly that they lost the will to play. In the SUPERBOWL. I've never seen that. Like jblaze said, I'm going to be interested to see how a "healthy" Broncos team is going to react that 1st game up here when they hear the full fury of the 12 man and go out and see us crushing people again. I bet they fold up like a cheap lawn chair.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the same guy who wrote that Sherm was a fake tough guy, got into an argument about it on Wyman, Mike and Moore and essentially took his ball and went home. He's not exactly the most impartial of writers.

Edit: Not the same guy. Colleagues though.

Wartooth

Reaction score
If you look at this guys past articles, it looks like he commonly does the ditch digging.
Gripping stories about Peyton's glove, and when Peyton's dad showed up to watch the game etc.
He simply sounds butt hurt that his biggest hero Peyton...Crapped the Bed!
I can picture him running into the editors office, winded, spouting off about how 'He Found The Answer!'
This story is embarrassing for the Donko's, they should be more chapped about this than anyone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
plyka":1mlb3xm1 said:
-The Glove-":1mlb3xm1 said:
amill87":1mlb3xm1 said:
jblaze":1mlb3xm1 said:
Hahaha. Love it. This is what you get when you try to make excuses when you flop in the biggest game. SF did the same thing following the NFCCG, they blamed the ref's.

Losers will always look at everything but themselves when they lose and that's why they won't get better. This is what happens when you don't have a "next man up" approach and beat yourselves mentally. Injuries happen to everyone. Our team beat your team BADLY, end of story.

I can't wait to hear their excuses when we get them in the 1st game next year on Thursday night in Seattle and we stomp them again. I'm sure it will be about how unfair the Clink is then.

Losers always deflect and it's show a complete lack of class and dignity.

Kinda like we did for 8 years after 05?

I love listening to the Denver media try to figure out what happened because they were so cocky before the game but let's not get up on a soap box as fans.

Except it wasn't just us...even the official apologized and admitted he called a horrible game

True, the official did admit to making some mistakes. But looking back on it, many years later, which team really deserved that superbowl? If i'm being unbiased, I say that it was a complete toss up. The Steelers were as good as the Hawks. They were an even match. And in that even match, the HAwks just did not bring it, while the Steelers did. The Steelers had the emotional edge, just like the HAwks did this year.

Add to that the officials, and you get a Steelers victory. Even if it was an evenly officiated game I frankly do not know who would win.

I can finally admit the above...thank you Seahawks 2013-2014!
Rubbish! Look at the stats, Seattle dominated Pissburgh, and THIS Lombardi doesn't change that fact, and I'll leave it at that!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":jorkq9x5 said:
plyka":jorkq9x5 said:
True, the official did admit to making some mistakes. But looking back on it, many years later, which team really deserved that superbowl? If i'm being unbiased, I say that it was a complete toss up. The Steelers were as good as the Hawks. They were an even match. And in that even match, the HAwks just did not bring it, while the Steelers did. The Steelers had the emotional edge, just like the HAwks did this year.

Add to that the officials, and you get a Steelers victory. Even if it was an evenly officiated game I frankly do not know who would win.

Heh. Yes, the '05 'Hawks were a lot weaker team than the Stealers, mentally. But rewatch the first quarter of XL*. Then rewatch the first quarter of XLVIII. Notice anything? The 'Hawks dominated both. The 'Hawks owned that game until the bad calls started coming in. The difference between those Super Bowls was that in '05, the refs made counterblows, and the 'Hawks were stunned with the blatancy of it all and couldn't respond. The '13 team didn't care, and so even on such a blatant wrong call as the Wilson run for the first down, it didn't faze them.

A Super Bowl winning team isn't supposed to be good enough to win against the refs and the other team; it's supposed to be just good enough to beat the other team. That's the one thing that pisses me off the most about XL* apologists who say the 'Hawks should have been good enough to overcome it. No. No they shouldn't have been. They should have been good enough to beat the team, not incredible enough to beat the other team and an unfair playing field. This year's 'Hawks were that incredible, while the Broncos weren't even good enough to make it a close game even with a couple of gift calls, which is what makes this whining and sour grapes from the Denver media and fans all the more comical.
BINGO, well said brother, Game, set, and match goes to Sailor!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28b23ghf said:
plyka":28b23ghf said:

Walter Jones said it best on Mitch's show yesterday, no one was to blame for the 2006 loss other than the Hawks. He said they didn't make the plays when it mattered, and Pittsburgh did.

Great teams overcome adversity, we made excuses..............just like Denver's doing now.
I've heard most players from that team have a "different point of view" privately, than publicly, see the one their head coach at the time had.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
plyka":228jgwdq said:
-The Glove-":228jgwdq said:
amill87":228jgwdq said:
jblaze":228jgwdq said:
Hahaha. Love it. This is what you get when you try to make excuses when you flop in the biggest game. SF did the same thing following the NFCCG, they blamed the ref's.

Losers will always look at everything but themselves when they lose and that's why they won't get better. This is what happens when you don't have a "next man up" approach and beat yourselves mentally. Injuries happen to everyone. Our team beat your team BADLY, end of story.

I can't wait to hear their excuses when we get them in the 1st game next year on Thursday night in Seattle and we stomp them again. I'm sure it will be about how unfair the Clink is then.

Losers always deflect and it's show a complete lack of class and dignity.

I love listening to the Denver media try to figure out what happened because they were so cocky before the game but let's not get up on a soap box as fans.

Except it wasn't just us...even the official apologized and admitted he called a horrible game

Absolutely pathetic I would mention the debacle of the Sonics but was beaten to the spot.

two dog

Reaction score
These sour grapes are so sweet!

This is wonderful stuff mostly because the Denver press, including
this guy I'm sure, were absolutely certain the Broncos were going
to clean the Seahawks clock.

Quite palatable for garbage.

Phteven

Reaction score
I'm getting pretty damned tired of a bunch of classless, arrogant, sore losers acting like we should feel bad for celebrating the hawks winning the GD Super Bowl.

The blatant hypocrisy is getting irritating.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Phteven":34e8301y said:
I'm getting pretty damned tired of a bunch of classless, arrogant, sore losers acting like we should feel bad for celebrating the hawks winning the GD Super Bowl.

No crap! They were celebrating the XLVIII Lombardi trophy 2 weeks before the game was played! Morons!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1vs457jw said:
Phteven":1vs457jw said:

No crap! They were celebrating the XLVIII Lombardi trophy 2 weeks before the game was played! Morons!
Sucks to be them.

camdawg

Reaction score
plyka":2cddqg7f said:

The nice thing about winning the SB this past season, is it takes a lot of the sting out of SBXL. We don't have to wonder if that was going to be our only shot.

That being said, the suggestion that Pittsburgh had the emotional edge and brought it, doesn't jive with how the game played out. I think you're forgetting just how AWFUL Pittsburgh looked as a team for the first 25-27 minutes of that game. They looked like they didn't get off the team bus. Their offense was beyond awful-Ben was the worst QB in SB history, Bettis and Parker were being shut down. Defensively, they were giving up a ton of yards. Either we were stubbing our toe (the Stevens drops and Brown misses, a couple of legit holding calls), or the numerous bad/questionable calls were stopping us.

Before Pittsburgh's first TD drive, what would the game have looked like if Deshea Townsend is called for pulling on DJack's arm, and/or the first push in the endzone? We still have 1st and 10 at the Steeler 16 after offsetting penalties. If Mack Strong doesn't get screwed on the spot. If a Peter Warrick return doesn't get called back by a questionable penalty. Even on that first TD drive for Pittsburgh, what if they call Max Starks for being an ineligible man downfield on the big pass play that set them up? What if they call the obvious hold on Alan Faneca that opened the hole for Ben on his maybe TD run?

If the Steelers had an emotional edge, it was due to the very pro Steelers crowd. Sucked for us to have to play in a place where Steeler fans could drive from home to the game. That's the breaks.

We did not play a great game that day, for sure. But the refs saved Pittsburgh from the very flat, poor game they played that day in Detroit.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
And they made a ton of money from the fans at the NFL shop from Pitt fans. Remember that this is only a business.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Phteven":1iudfqud said:

That guy should be ashamed of himself for writing that column.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That Denver writer is one big sore loser..I was enjoying it until someone had to go ahead and imply that our
Super Bowl win clears up 05 or whatever..I bet those same types think if we just pony up hundreds of millions of $$ to get a new team ,the Sonics thing is ok...Like it never happened..I can only wonder wtf is the matter with them..

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This mediot is writing for the Denver market. His goal is to get his article read. Thus the type of article. Many mediots operate this way. They write articles based on the target audience. That's how they are getting paid. Writing a pro-Seahawks article to fans in Denver would get very few people to read it. Much like an anti-Seahawks article written in Seattle. Few people would read it but not the majority.