Desai likely to be Broncos DC

bileever

Reaction score
Multiple sources are reporting that Desai will be the Broncos DC. How do we feel about that? Last off-season, it seemed that Pete wasn't comfortable with Hurtt being the DC without Desai there to help out.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think I'm ok with this. I know he is a very talented and intelligent guy but for whatever reason it didn't work at step one, stopping the run. Not entirely his fault of course, personnel was lacking.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Damn now we’re stuck with Clint for probably one more year max. While his scheme is sound. His game plan is not. But that starts with replacing Barton’s ass
Is the scheme sound? I’ve seen a lot of arguments that the Fangio system has been solved. Guess we’ll see how it goes in Miami.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
Will we get a comp pick if he does? If so, when?
Hmm. This is from nfl.com:

Teams can also receive compensatory picks if a minority coach or executive is hired to the same or better role by a different club as a result of the league's effort to increase diversity in hiring coaches and front-office executives.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
Also, not sure if the rule on compensatory picks for minority coaches still applies this year.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Everything I'm reading says it's only if the minority is hired as a head coach or GM. I don't think we're getting compensation for Desai going to be a DC.

https://news.yahoo.com/49ers-another-third-round-compensatory-225204825.html
In 2020 the NFL implemented a new rule to try to incentivize teams to develop minority coaches and executives, which rewarded any team with two third-round compensatory picks if a minority was hired away from their franchise to become another team’s head coach or General Manager

Jville

Reaction score
Multiple sources are reporting that Desai will be the Broncos DC. How do we feel about that? Last off-season, it seemed that Pete wasn't comfortable with Hurtt being the DC without Desai there to help out.

I thought Pete created a position for Desai on the Seahawks coaching staff after Desai lost his job. As the season progressed, I did begin to buy into the narrative that there may have been too many cooks playing with the defensive recipe.

But, for the next campaign, I'm looking forward to year two with Karl Scott as the Defensive Passing Game Coordinator / Defensive Backs Coach. We could see more in the way of a Nick Saban influence on defense. I'm sure they are working on a fresh blend for this up coming season.

I wish Desai all the best in Denver.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
Yikes. I don't. As a since-'76 Seahawks fan, I still have loathing in my heart for the Raiders and Broncos, and I wish everyone who goes to those two teams much failure and frustration for as long as they're with those teams.
But not the Chiefs?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
But not the Chiefs?

Nor the Chargers. Weird, huh? I always wanted the Seahawks to beat those two teams, but I never developed the same kind of loathing for them that I did for the Broncos and Raiders.
I had a moderate dislike for Dan Fouts for a while back when he was playing, but I really can't remember why. Marino too, now that I think about it (and to be clear, yes, I do know that Marino was on the Dolphins, a team in the AFC East). I got over both and kinda kick myself a little for not appreciating just how great Marino was in his time. But I didn't get over my strong dislike for the Broncos and especially the Raiders.
I think I disliked The Teeth more than I disliked any single Raiders player, but I disliked the Raiders more as a team than the Broncos.
Most of the joy of XLVIII was finally seeing the Seahawks win a title after waiting for so long, and having it be such a convincing win, but I have to admit that just a little bit of it came from it being The Teeth's team that the Seahawks had so thoroughly and publicly humiliated.

Jville

Reaction score
Yikes. I don't. As a since-'76 Seahawks fan, I still have loathing in my heart for the Raiders and Broncos, and I wish everyone who goes to those two teams much failure and frustration for as long as they're with those teams.

I suppose a sarcasm alert would have been in order.

Considering who will be under center and fondness to be the hero when the game is on the line, the Denver defense will need lots of luck to keep the Broncos close and in the game until hero time arrives. As will any defensive coordinator.

Sarcasm alert: Lots of luck. Snicker Snicker

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
Nor the Chargers. Weird, huh? I always wanted the Seahawks to beat those two teams, but I never developed the same kind of loathing for them that I did for the Broncos and Raiders.
I had a moderate dislike for Dan Fouts for a while back when he was playing, but I really can't remember why. Marino too, now that I think about it (and to be clear, yes, I do know that Marino was on the Dolphins, a team in the AFC East). I got over both and kinda kick myself a little for not appreciating just how great Marino was in his time. But I didn't get over my strong dislike for the Broncos and especially the Raiders.
I think I disliked The Teeth more than I disliked any single Raiders player, but I disliked the Raiders more as a team than the Broncos.
Most of the joy of XLVIII was finally seeing the Seahawks win a title after waiting for so long, and having it be such a convincing win, but I have to admit that just a little bit of it came from it being The Teeth's team that the Seahawks had so thoroughly and publicly humiliated.
I find my hatred of the old AFC West teams receding now that we have the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals to hate. Maybe I can only hate so many teams at one time. I did have a period of time when I have to admit that I hated the Seahawks, during the Ken Behring era. He was a loathsome guy and a terrible owner.

Latest posts