DeSean Jackson thread (stay on topic please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifferradish

Reaction score
If we could get him on a cap friendly deal, where it wouldn't hurt Sherman or Earls deals, I would definitely sign him. He is one of the best WRs in the league. We would have the best WR duo in the league.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dopeboy206":g95r53ep said:
-The Glove-":g95r53ep said:
dopeboy206":g95r53ep said:
So if Jared Allen was in a biker gang would people still want them to play for their team..?
so youre just gonna turn it into a race thing?

Just throwing it out there. All I am saying is I know there are many NFL players right now and in years past that has ties to gangs. A lot of them grew up in the hood so it wouldn't be surprising if there are connections. It's not like most of your average NFL players grew up in Malibu or Beverly Hills. I am willing to bet there has been more NFL players that were gang members that never came out than there were gay NFL players..
no doubt about that..most come from the inner city. I don't think he was cut strictly for gang ties but who knows. He does seem to flaunt it more than most also. Who else got a record label called Jaccpot and shooting videos throwing up the "C" like DJack? Plus after Hernandez teams arent gonna turn a blind eye to it anymore

Natethegreat

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":8fq90mkp said:
Order is from the down up. Derrick Ward on massive twitter rant lol.

Derrick Ward ‏@DerrickWard32 3h

I promise u whatever team my lil bro @DeseanJackson10 go2 gonna get a play maker a pro bowler a team leader & a great guy on & off the field

stuff like that....

movies and things that you read. If you've never been in a gang you don't know how it works. Just like everything n life you grow apart from

The funny thing is I grew up gang bangin. I had no choice growin up where I lived in LA. u either gang banged or got caught in the crossfire

Retweeted by Derrick Ward
kaka$hi ‏@bernie_bmackin 3h

@BigJimSports @DerrickWard32 @OllieUKEZ half the ******* players in the nfl have "gang ties" alot of them come from impoverished areas

sorry twitter for ranting but I just hate when these so called sports channels start talking about crap they have no idea

10 catches 150yds 3td's

what you do. Keep working hard like you do everyday and when you do get on a squad and play against the sack ass @Eagles burn they ass for

A lil bro @DeseanJackson10 keep your head up. Keep doing you don't let any of these fake no talent ass analyst on ESPN deter you from doing

From Crenshaw HS. He knows for damn sure who's gang banging and who's not.

goal post than actually worry about whats really important. And the funny thing about it Chip Kelly coached@t Oregon which recruited players

Mark my words there won't be an NFL in the next 20 years watch and see There so worried about who a player knows and a player dunking on the

out with. In 6 years has he had 1 single incident? 1 single crime? The NFL is a bunch of BS Im so glad I'm done with that joke of a league

with someone playing football and ballin out for your team? I'm sorry but Every NFL team knows what there players are doing who there hangin

I'm born and raised in South Central LA. I have uncles who are still gang bangin cousins who still gang bang. But what does that have to do

The @Eagles gonna cut @DeseanJackson10 because they "Think" he might know gang members but they'll keep and resign a well known Racist?

Mark Dominik is the last person that should be talking about anyone with the way he handled players in @TBBuccaneers when he was the GM

I know @DeseanJackson10 very very very well. If the Eagles where so concerned about his "Gang Ties" they wouldnt had drafted him 6 years ago

because you where that one guy that everyone had on there team that goes and snitches to the head coach about other players. Bottom line

recently you sure are trying your hardest to act like you where Gods gift to football. I know almost everyone of your old teammates hated u

and @RonJaworski_BFL shut the F**k up. You sound so dumb right now. and fake ass Teddy Bruschi for someone who use to play in the league

Derrick Ward ‏@DerrickWard32 4h

Like he's a horrible person. The NFL is so Contridictive I swear. Especially these punk ESPN Analyst.

Im sorry but has @DeseanJackson10 ever been arrested? Suspended? DUI? Drugs? No so why are these dumb asses on @espn trying to make him seem

These ESPN analyst sound real dumb right now talking about @DeseanJackson10 They think they know what they're talking about but they don't.
I have no idea if Desean Jackson is a gang banger but I can now say assuredly that Derrick Ward is an idiot and not helping Deseans cause any.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Can't question his football skills. I'd be ok with a 1 year deal.
Let the guy prove that he wants to be a Seahawk and is willing to play the role the team requires of him.
If the off field rumors prove to be BS and he meets expectations, do a real deal next year if money allows. If not he's still young enough to be marketable.

Pete has a way with guys like him. I think it could work.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Derrick Ward is right, though.

Whoever gets DeSean Jackson is going to get one of the most dynamic playmakers in the league, and it's going to be a steal.

Go watch his game tape:
[youtube]hoe7s2VBwRo[/youtube]
[youtube]e0BgHrGN5p4[/youtube]

mikeak

Reaction score
TXHawk":37singfx said:
I recall a couple of years ago that Jackson was clearly dogging it for awhile because he wasn't happy with his contract or his QB or the number of throws he was getting or some such nonsense. He sounds like a Me First diva. If they could get him for a year without screwing up the salary cap to re-sign Thomas, Sherman or Wilson next year, I'd be okay with it. Otherwise, no thanks.

He was playing like a superstar the year before he was dogging it. He took many hits being put in formations that brought him across the middle continously. He suffered concussions related to that.

He had one year left on a contract that paid him $500k when others were guaranteed many millions. The Eagles refused to re-negotiate a contract that they have the one-sided right to cut at any time.

He did the absolutely smartest and right thing in that situation. He didn't sit out the season that would have punished himself. He protected himself and said if the team won't pay me like I should be paid then I won't play hard.

I have ZERO issues with how he handled that. Then he got his new deal and was paid handsomly and after 1-2 years said it should be re-negotiated - now that I DO have an issue with. Completely different issue

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Before free agency began, there were 3 FAs that I wanted to retain for sure.... Bennett, Hauschka, and Tate. We retained two of them but I was upset about Tate. If we got a player like Jackson, that would be an upgrade in my opinion. If we don't get Jackson I am hoping for either Britt or a first or second round WR in this years draft. Harvin and Jackson would be absurd on the same field... along with Wilson and Lynch / Michael.... we are talking about some seriously dangerous players on our team. Just my 2 cents...

checkdanews

Reaction score
Ward might of went about it the wrong way, but he made alot of good points. I would guess a majority of Current NFL players know gang members. I also liked his point about Cooper. When this news broke this morning I saw a bunch of idiots on ESPN talking about things they don't understand. Its so easy for people to pass judgement on TV, and online...Most of these same people barely know a dang thing about DJ. I just don't get this country anymore, I can tell you I know dam well race has a lot to do with some peoples reactions.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Further, about the gang ties:

It's all a product of racism and ignorance. If you're from a "bad" neighborhood, and especially if you're black or latino, people assume you are bangin'. They see hand signs, reppin a hood, and they call it gang activity. Because they are ignorant racists from a "nice" neighborhood, and anything even remotely associated with low-income urban life is frightening (i.e. "gangsta") to middle-class USA.

I've seen and experienced it first-hand. When I tell people I grew up in East LA, I hear all the typical racist stereotypes and cliches. Oh, it must have been dangerous. Oh, you probably had to fight gangs growing up. Wow, it's amazing you made it to college.

My high school had one of the highest graduation rates in California, and over half the students in my class went to college. My neighbors were primarily Mexican, but they were also primarily Catholic and if you lived on my street, you were familia. I've never experienced deeper and truer friendships than the ones I knew growing up among some of the poorest people I've ever known. When you don't have money, you rely on your friends and neighbors for your survival at times, and that creates a tight-knit bond that no suburbanite from Middle America can ever understand.

It is pathetic and sad that people would judge DeSean Jackson for simply associating with the "wrong crowd." He's never been arrested or even accused of any criminal wrong-doing. I have friends from the 'hood as well. I'm close friends, practically brothers, with a guy who is serving a life sentence in Pelican Bay. He was a good kid growing up, got mixed up, took the fall for some local drug dealer because he thought it was honorable, and ended up murdering someone in self-defense in prison. Does it make me a bad person for knowing him? Does it make me a bad doctor because I visit him in prison and write him letters?

And those who equate DeSean Jackson with Aaron Hernandez are the worst of all. Hernandez had a criminal history stretching back to high school that included some very troubling violent crimes (including shooting at people and possibly a double-homicide). DeSean has never had that history. So while he might be a "team cancer", it's going a little far to call him a gang member.

Frankly, in today's media environment where a reporter's job is more to create controversy than report truth, I find it troubling and rather irresponsible that NJ.com would publish an obvious hit piece targeted at someone and nobody is questioning the motive or where the info is coming from. Where are they getting their "facts"? Old neighborhood "friends"? Because as everyone from the ghetto knows, you put a mike in front of a crackhead's face and they're going to tell you whatever you want to hear. I don't believe that DeSean has active ties and is actively involved with gang violence. There may be gangbangers who want to be associated with him, and he may enjoy that attention, but that is NOT an active gang association.

Seems like typical muck-racking from the media to me.

jake206

Reaction score
No, it's due to team chemistry. DJ is known to be a bit of a prima Donna....we already have Percy. May be a bit of a bad influence on marshawn...Cal connection. Ask yourself one question... Why would Chip Kelly cut this guy?? If it's money, that's better spent elsewhere. Money needs to be saved for earl, Sherman, and RW.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
All I'm gonna say is throwing up the "C" isn't simply repping your neighborhood. Throwing up the other sign he often throws up is repping The Neighborhood though

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Desean is a difference maker. A true threat that keeps DCs up at night.

Pairing him with Percy would be pretty lethal. I'm pretty sure ADB would have what seems like miles of space underneath those two. I could care less if Jackson only manages to catch 30 balls in our offense. The effect of focusing personnel to neutralize Jackson and Harvin would improve our running game and our underneath passing game enormously. It would be inconceivable to expect 8 man fronts with those two threats on the field.

Not to mention, Jackson is a similar player to Harvin. Given the injury expectations around here, I'd think duplicating that quality would be high on our list of desires. This offense with Harvin barely resembles what it is without him. You go from a team averaging 26pts/gm to 30+ pts/gm. That's a pretty big leap.

HansGruber

Reaction score
-The Glove-":iq291g77 said:
All I'm gonna say is throwing up the "C" isn't simply repping your neighborhood. Throwing up the other sign he often throws up is repping The Neighborhood though

Yeah it is. I don't know a single LA gang who uses the C anymore. That was an early 80's thang. By the mid-80's, real gangs started realizing that the cops were studying their hand signs and colors, and mapping those to affiliation/membership. Most of the gangs in my 'hood dropped the "flags" by the early 90's. If you live on the block, you know who's who. Tattoos and clothing brands became personal "trademarks", and gang affiliations aren't advertised. Everyone knows the only people who care about your set are cops and your enemies. Only the young bangers fly colors, throw up hand signs, and rep out. They do that while they're earning. Once they get the respect, or have been working for a while, they drop the outward signs.

If you were to walk into Compton right now, go to a park where crack is being sold by gangbangers and a high-level dealer happens to pull up to check on things - you would never even know unless you lived there. The hardest and most notorious gang members from my 'hood drove Toyota Camry's and wore generic clothes - no colors, no gang signs, and they often hid the tats. Further, they don't carry (drugs or guns), and they don't assault anyone. That's what the young buck soldiers are for.

Most hilarious to me is the idiot cop that was interviewed for the story. I'll let you in on a well-known fact about the LA Gang Unit:

In Los Angeles, the Gang Unit is the most corrupt and clueless bunch of idiots on the street. They are hilariously out of touch, completely stupid. I've literally watched Gang Unit cops arrest a kid for wearing Bulls gear after they decided that one gang in my neighborhood had chosen Bulls clothing (black and red) as their official "colors". So this idiot white cop is harassing some innocent kid who was trying to shoot some ball, meanwhile one of the most notorious dealers in the area was making a pickup about 50 yards away. Everyone in the park is laughing at the cop because we all see the skinny crackhead in mormon clothes walk across the b-ball court with his sack of cash, hand it to the dealer who is standing there dressed like a K-mark clerk, the dealer casually gets back into his Toyota and drives away - and the whole time, Mr Gang Unit is yelling at this kid, accusing him of a shooting that was related to the dealer that just left, and then hauls the kid off. Just hilarious. I have a few dozen stories about the LA Gang Unit and their cluelessness, and how deeply they have harmed more than helped.

Like I said, everyone in LA knows the Gang Unit is entirely corrupt, full of thick-skulled trigger-happy idiots who do more damage than good, and who couldn't find their ass if they were sitting on it.

Meanwhile, ex-gang members who are often harassed by the Gang Unit are out on the streets trying to get kids to stay off the drugs, stay out of the gangs, and get their diplomas.

It's actually hilarious to me how absolutely clueless most of America is about gangs in Los Angeles. Just totally 100% clueless. But they're more than happy to open their yapper and tell you all about the gang problem.

253hawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":tsftu98x said:
Pete has a way with guys like him. I think it could work.

Hell, Pete tried recruiting him out of high school.

bc7e1cd6b13b11e391a60a732777536b_8.jpg

jake206

Reaction score
Okay, here's a hypothetical. Say they sign desean to more than a 1 year contract. Would that make them more likely or less likely to trade Doug Baldwin? Or is irrelevant. Food for thought. Baldwin's gonna want to get paid.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
jake206":f6etq8ir said:
Okay, here's a hypothetical. Say they sign desean. Would that make them more likely or less likely to trade Doug Baldwin? Or is irrelevant. Food for thought.
there's a 2nd round tender on Baldwin so I doubt that happens

jake206

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3mkldn9g said:
jake206":3mkldn9g said:
Okay, here's a hypothetical. Say they sign desean. Would that make them more likely or less likely to trade Doug Baldwin? Or is irrelevant. Food for thought.

For the year only though.... Djackson gonna want more than a 1 yr contract.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
jake206":30i889so said:
-The Glove-":30i889so said:
jake206":30i889so said:

For the year only though.... Djackson gonna want more than a 1 yr contract
so you saying...sign DJack and trade Baldwin next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.