DeSean Jackson thread (stay on topic please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainger

Reaction score
My point is we have a thread some 4 pages long all on a speculation created by some Media hack that never had any info. So some guy who needs to write something to stay employed comes up with some crap that the Hawks and the 49ers have interest in this guy with no facts to back up the claim.

He relies on the info that some time in the past PC had an interest in Jackson when he was in high school and therefore they are interested in trading for him. All Media bullshit.

Then everyone else in the Media runs with and it becomes the news. Until the parties come out and say this is bullshit.

Nothing u read today can be trusted. The Media is a fraud. Journalist make the story they don't report facts. They try to create what they want. We are all being manipulated.

I for one never bought into this story and am glad to see it debunked.

nwgamer

Reaction score
drdiags":1dfomy2q said:
Who knows with these type of leaks how true but here is PFT's latest on this regarding the Seahawks interest

Amid a report that the Seahawks have expressed interest in Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson, a source with direct knowledge of the team’s thinking tells PFT that the Seahawks have “no interest at all” in Jackson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/23/seahawks-have-no-interest-at-all-in-desean-jackson/

That report came just after the niners said the same thing. Just sayin... :stirthepot:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rainger":2z4svgj7 said:
My point is we have a thread some 4 pages long all on a speculation created by some Media hack that never had any info. So some guy who needs to write something to stay employed comes up with some crap that the Hawks and the 49ers have interest in this guy with no facts to back up the claim.

He relies on the info that some time in the past PC had an interest in Jackson when he was in high school and therefore they are interested in trading for him. All Media bullshit.

Then everyone else in the Media runs with and it becomes the news. Until the parties come out and say this is bullshit.

Nothing u read today can be trusted. The Media is a fraud. Journalist make the story they don't report facts. They try to create what they want. We are all being manipulated.

I for one never bought into this story and am glad to see it debunked.

Yes rainger... Until both teams say something about a player that may be released, it's completely fabricated.

:34853_doh:

sutz

Reaction score
You'd have to think the guys did due diligence to verify if the gang implications are true or not. Pete has always seemed to be willing to offer second chances, but he has high standards when it comes to behavior in some areas, and I think this would be an area where he'd be really, really careful.

Shame, really. The kid seems to have talent.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
He said he is not in a gang and most gangsters I know is too proud of their set to deny the hood they're from

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dopeboy206":12qjx8fg said:
He said he is not in a gang and most gangsters I know is too proud of their set to deny the hood they're from
lol he'll say whatever it takes to continue to make his millions. Cmon now. He does throw up the Nayborhood (Neighborhood) Crips sign often tho

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
These gang rumors concern me even more than the personality "quirks" that we already knew about him before. I don't want this guy even more now after hearing about this. I don't want another Aaron Hernandez situation anywhere close to this team. Instant pass.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
So if Jared Allen was in a biker gang would people still want them to play for their team..?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
dopeboy206":109qguf0 said:

I don't care who you are, if saying you're not something to make 20M, you're gonna say you're not. Jackson may have pride, but he's not stupid.

This is a non issue, and I wouldn't put it past a team like Philly to float this rumor out there to help sell cutting their best receiver to their fanbase. Gee, same day and practically hour as releasing Jackson..........what a coincidence!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Order is from the down up. Derrick Ward on massive twitter rant lol.

Derrick Ward ‏@DerrickWard32 3h

I promise u whatever team my lil bro @DeseanJackson10 go2 gonna get a play maker a pro bowler a team leader & a great guy on & off the field

stuff like that....

movies and things that you read. If you've never been in a gang you don't know how it works. Just like everything n life you grow apart from

The funny thing is I grew up gang bangin. I had no choice growin up where I lived in LA. u either gang banged or got caught in the crossfire

Retweeted by Derrick Ward
kaka$hi ‏@bernie_bmackin 3h

@BigJimSports @DerrickWard32 @OllieUKEZ half the ******* players in the nfl have "gang ties" alot of them come from impoverished areas

sorry twitter for ranting but I just hate when these so called sports channels start talking about crap they have no idea

10 catches 150yds 3td's

what you do. Keep working hard like you do everyday and when you do get on a squad and play against the sack ass @Eagles burn they ass for

A lil bro @DeseanJackson10 keep your head up. Keep doing you don't let any of these fake no talent ass analyst on ESPN deter you from doing

From Crenshaw HS. He knows for damn sure who's gang banging and who's not.

goal post than actually worry about whats really important. And the funny thing about it Chip Kelly coached@t Oregon which recruited players

Mark my words there won't be an NFL in the next 20 years watch and see There so worried about who a player knows and a player dunking on the

out with. In 6 years has he had 1 single incident? 1 single crime? The NFL is a bunch of BS Im so glad I'm done with that joke of a league

with someone playing football and ballin out for your team? I'm sorry but Every NFL team knows what there players are doing who there hangin

I'm born and raised in South Central LA. I have uncles who are still gang bangin cousins who still gang bang. But what does that have to do

The @Eagles gonna cut @DeseanJackson10 because they "Think" he might know gang members but they'll keep and resign a well known Racist?

Mark Dominik is the last person that should be talking about anyone with the way he handled players in @TBBuccaneers when he was the GM

I know @DeseanJackson10 very very very well. If the Eagles where so concerned about his "Gang Ties" they wouldnt had drafted him 6 years ago

because you where that one guy that everyone had on there team that goes and snitches to the head coach about other players. Bottom line

recently you sure are trying your hardest to act like you where Gods gift to football. I know almost everyone of your old teammates hated u

and @RonJaworski_BFL shut the F**k up. You sound so dumb right now. and fake ass Teddy Bruschi for someone who use to play in the league

Derrick Ward ‏@DerrickWard32 4h

Like he's a horrible person. The NFL is so Contridictive I swear. Especially these punk ESPN Analyst.

Im sorry but has @DeseanJackson10 ever been arrested? Suspended? DUI? Drugs? No so why are these dumb asses on @espn trying to make him seem

These ESPN analyst sound real dumb right now talking about @DeseanJackson10 They think they know what they're talking about but they don't.

Largent80

Reaction score
Good gawd, that dude needs to shut the frak up. He isn't going to help his buddy with that nonsense.

And really, is that whole post of twitter bullshit on topic?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3kuoc0at said:
So if Jared Allen was in a biker gang would people still want them to play for their team..?
so youre just gonna turn it into a race thing?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2c3mne0v said:
Order is from the down up. Derrick Ward on massive twitter rant lol.

I promise u whatever team my lil bro @DeseanJackson10 go2 gonna get a play maker a pro bowler a team leader & a great guy on & off the field

stuff like that....

movies and things that you read. If you've never been in a gang you don't know how it works. Just like everything n life you grow apart from

The funny thing is I grew up gang bangin. I had no choice growin up where I lived in LA. u either gang banged or got caught in the crossfire

Retweeted by Derrick Ward
kaka$hi ‏@bernie_bmackin 3h

@BigJimSports @DerrickWard32 @OllieUKEZ half the ******* players in the nfl have "gang ties" alot of them come from impoverished areas

sorry twitter for ranting but I just hate when these so called sports channels start talking about crap they have no idea

10 catches 150yds 3td's

what you do. Keep working hard like you do everyday and when you do get on a squad and play against the sack ass @Eagles burn they ass for

A lil bro @DeseanJackson10 keep your head up. Keep doing you don't let any of these fake no talent ass analyst on ESPN deter you from doing

From Crenshaw HS. He knows for damn sure who's gang banging and who's not.

goal post than actually worry about whats really important. And the funny thing about it Chip Kelly coached@t Oregon which recruited players

Mark my words there won't be an NFL in the next 20 years watch and see There so worried about who a player knows and a player dunking on the

out with. In 6 years has he had 1 single incident? 1 single crime? The NFL is a bunch of BS Im so glad I'm done with that joke of a league

with someone playing football and ballin out for your team? I'm sorry but Every NFL team knows what there players are doing who there hangin

I'm born and raised in South Central LA. I have uncles who are still gang bangin cousins who still gang bang. But what does that have to do

The @Eagles gonna cut @DeseanJackson10 because they "Think" he might know gang members but they'll keep and resign a well known Racist?

Mark Dominik is the last person that should be talking about anyone with the way he handled players in @TBBuccaneers when he was the GM

I know @DeseanJackson10 very very very well. If the Eagles where so concerned about his "Gang Ties" they wouldnt had drafted him 6 years ago

because you where that one guy that everyone had on there team that goes and snitches to the head coach about other players. Bottom line

recently you sure are trying your hardest to act like you where Gods gift to football. I know almost everyone of your old teammates hated u

and @RonJaworski_BFL shut the F**k up. You sound so dumb right now. and fake ass Teddy Bruschi for someone who use to play in the league

Like he's a horrible person. The NFL is so Contridictive I swear. Especially these punk ESPN Analyst.

Im sorry but has @DeseanJackson10 ever been arrested? Suspended? DUI? Drugs? No so why are these dumb asses on @espn trying to make him seem

These ESPN analyst sound real dumb right now talking about @DeseanJackson10 They think they know what they're talking about but they don't.

U do have a choice. Exhibit A: Richard Sherman

HansGruber

Reaction score
plyka":3ebuxr9q said:
Lady Talon":3ebuxr9q said:
DSJ = 5'10''
ADB = 5'10''
PH = 5'11''

6'1'' Kearse and 6'2'' Lockette don't have much of a hope to get significant time behind that lineup. That CFL guy is a longshot and a half to make the final 53.

RW = 5'11'' and struggled visibly with our starting big WR gone.

How do you project RW will do with a midget WR corps and big TE's that don't figure heavily in our offensive statistics?

This post in concise fashion showed why this tade/pickup will simply not happen. It is a stupid and irrational move --superbowl winning Pete/JS are not idiots. I just cannot see how this is possible.

1) He costs a lot of money
2) He is redundant
3) Hawks require draft picks to fill out roster with talent while paying 6-7 guys around 10m per year

If Desean will cost around Tate money, then it is a possibility. If he costs more, it is not going to happen. And if it does, you can count it as one of the horrible errors of judgment made by Pete/JS in their era, as Wilson/Earl/Sherm will be put at risk. Percy Harvin is a better version of Desean Jackson. God only knows why you would want a poor man's Percy for 10m per year. Makes ZERO sense.

Poor man's Percy? You just proved you know absolutely nothing about DeSean Jackson and have never watched him play. You and Lady Talon, both.

DeSean Jackson is one of the fastest WRs in the NFL. He's known for having freakish speed and the ability to get separation from any CB/Safety in the NFL. He's had incredible success with it. That's exactly why he was the #1 WR in Philly, even though he's "only" 5'10".

Further, he has the ability to run reverses and is a dynamic kick returner, scoring 7 TDs from runs and kick returns for a total of 16 TDs last season.

Most important, Harvin and Jackson combined on one offense would be absolutely SICK. Just downright unfair to defenses. I'm not even sure how you could cover that kind of speed from one offense, especially considering that Jackson can play in the slot as well as your typical #1.

He's been released, so I'm watching with interest.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I'm not saying I want Jackson, but the thought of Percy on KR and DJAX on punts is fun to dream of.

Also, can you imagine the fly sweep to Percy reversed to Djax? Those two would make the field feel like we're playing in the CFL.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3lvbe2kg said:
dopeboy206":3lvbe2kg said:
so youre just gonna turn it into a race thing?

Just throwing it out there. All I am saying is I know there are many NFL players right now and in years past that has ties to gangs. A lot of them grew up in the hood so it wouldn't be surprising if there are connections. It's not like most of your average NFL players grew up in Malibu or Beverly Hills. I am willing to bet there has been more NFL players that were gang members that never came out than there were gay NFL players..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts