Detroit Lions vs. Dallas Cowboys on MNF

djb28

Reaction score
Over 92 thousand fans in that stadium and it isnt any louder than a high school cafeteria.

chris98251

Reaction score
djb28":1but31lb said:
Over 92 thousand fans in that stadium and it isnt any louder than a high school cafeteria.

The are screaming their lungs out, on face book

djb28

Reaction score
Yeah, they will ne screaming when they discover that they have to pay that Offensive line or keep others.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Benson Mayowa, Ron Parker, Jaye Howard, etc

Why don't we ever let these young talents develop?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
djb28":38ldef5w said:
Yeah, they will ne screaming when they discover that they have to pay that Offensive line or keep others.

Problem is, with hitting the rookie QB/RB jackpot, they can stay out of cap hell and afford to pay that line for at least four years.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
bigskydoc":35q8u67t said:
djb28":35q8u67t said:

Problem is, with hitting the rookie QB/RB jackpot, they can stay out of cap hell and afford to pay that line for at least four years.

Just like we've done on defense.

Crizilla

Reaction score
So all Washington has to do is win next week and they are in. If they win, then the loser of the GB/Det game is out of the playoffs, and Washington come here to play in the wild card round (assuming we get the 3 seed). The one scenario i don't want to see is if DET somehow beats GB, and NY beats Washington. GB would come here wild card round (again assuming we get 3 seed). I love the playoffs

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1wykw2hq said:
djb28":1wykw2hq said:

I think they will be in cap hell starting in 2017.

If I read the numbers right on overthecap.com they are 10 million over as it stands currently. Worst in the NFL.

They will get some relief when they cut Romo but will still carry his 11 million dollar cap hit in dead money for Romo alone (according to Clayton). But like I said in somewhere else on here, I fully expect the NFL to bail them out by making the cap larger, but that also helps everyone else including Seattle if they go that route.

According to this site *allas is in the 2nd worst situation.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-te ... ?a=viewall

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The_Z_Man":1dl610kc said:
Not sure they've hit the jackpot. I was looking at a stat that told me that Prescott has had the longest time to throw in the entire NFL. He has over double the time in the pocket that most NFL QB's have.

That second-year wall, with a worse offensive line, coupled with enough tape for opposing defenses to study, could be large and ugly for Prescott. Kevin Kolb-esque, perhaps.

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1rxk7zaf said:
Seahawk Sailor":1rxk7zaf said:
bigskydoc":1rxk7zaf said:
djb28":1rxk7zaf said:

Just like we've done on defense.

Not sure they've hit the jackpot. I was looking at a stat that told me that Prescott has had the longest time to throw in the entire NFL. He has over double the time in the pocket that most NFL QB's have

The last QB to have as much average time, was Tom Brady in 2007... and we all saw what he did. We also saw what happened in the playoffs, when the line got a bit dinged up and they couldn't protect him as well. The Giants made him look mediocre in the Superbowl.

We saw how Kaepernick looked in 2012 and 2013 behind a great O line, and how he looked in 2014 behind a line that fell off.

We saw how Cam Newton looked last year behind a line that was over-performing, and how he looked this year behind a line that struggled at times.

It goes on and on.

It's unlikely that the Dallas O line will keep performing at this level year after year... contracts come due, and we've seen exactly what attrition and complacency does to a team. Once the tape is out on Prescott, and he doesn't have as much time to send the ball where he wants, he'll come back to the middle, and by that time he'll be demanding a 30 million per year contract because he'll be the guy that won the Superbowl in his rookie year....

Sorry, but Prescott is the real deal. It's not fair to compare him to Kaepernick or Cam Newton as they're completely different players. Dak frequently makes the correct read/adjustment at the line of scrimmage and will often progress to his third or fourth option.

Sure, he has some weaknesses. He wouldn't be AS good without the O-line/running game, he's had a handful of games where he starts off slow in the 1st quarter, and sometimes he gets the ball out too quickly on third down instead of waiting for guys to get beyond the chains. However, he's about as legit as it gets as a rookie and I don't think the drop off would be by all that much if he were to be on a different team with a lesser O-line. I don't see how anybody who's been watching the games can say he'd be nothing without the offensive line. We've already had a 9 win improvement from last season with the only difference being him and Zeke.

Just look at what we trotted out there last season at Quarterback. We went 4-12 and together Weeden, Cassell, and Kellen Moore couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if their life depended on it so it doesn't just fall on the O-line.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Sorry, but Prescott is the real deal. It's not fair to compare him to Kaepernick or Cam Newton as they're completely different players. Dak frequently makes the correct read/adjustment at the line of scrimmage and will often progress to his third or fourth option.

Sure, he has some weaknesses. He wouldn't be AS good without the O-line/running game, he's had a handful of games where he starts off slow in the 1st quarter, and sometimes he gets the ball out too quickly on third down instead of waiting for guys to get beyond the chains. However, he's about as legit as it gets as a rookie and I don't think the drop off would be by all that much if he were to be on a different team with a lesser O-line. I don't see how anybody who's been watching the games can say he'd be nothing without the offensive line. We've already had a 9 win improvement from last season with the only difference being him and Zeke.

Just look at what we trotted out there last season at Quarterback. We went 4-12 and together Weeden, Cassell, and Kellen Moore couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if their life depended on it so it doesn't just fall on the O-line.

And look where you were the season before? It isn't only the rookies that are impacting that team and there are no guarantees of performance year to year. Prescott has had a great rookie campaign no doubt, but the true test will be year 2 and 3 as noted above, the teams will be able to evaluate his tendencies a bit more. He may continue to do well, but history says there's a greater chance he falters some.

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":2zrc8ln3 said:
And look where you were the season before? It isn't only the rookies that are impacting that team and there are no guarantees of performance year to year. Prescott has had a great rookie campaign no doubt, but the true test will be year 2 and 3 as noted above, the teams will be able to evaluate his tendencies a bit more. He may continue to do well, but history says there's a greater chance he falters some.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. My main point is that you can't compare him with the flash in the pan, zone read guys like RGIII and Kaepernick who ran weird, untraditional offenses. In terms of his tendencies, a few defensive coordinators have found success masking blitzes up the middle (Minnesota, Philadelphia, and New York) which gave him issues. I would like to see him have sustained success against blitz heavy teams by continuing to spread the ball around. One bad habit he had against these plays was trying to force the ball to Dez which rarely worked out since Dez can't get separation to save his life. When he would look for Beasley or Witten he had great success.

One last thing I'd like to add. When Prescott was drafted, he was very humble and said all the right things about this being Tony's team blah blah blah. He's definitely a high character guy at heart. However, he's young and I'm starting to worry about him being around that clown Ezekiel Elliott. Zeke is a talent alright but he seems very immature and just recently they were spotted out clubbing before their last loss to New York. If he can keep that humble attitude, he should be good to go but if he lets the bright lights of being the Cowboys quarterback get to him, then it could be a different story.

Latest posts