Did we learn anything about the Hawks

LTH

Reaction score
I've been kind of disconnected of late. Did we learn anything significant about the Hawks during OTAs? Or has it been just hype as usual for this time of year?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Not sure about the OTAs but for the rookie minicamp , there was pretty high praise for Jerrick Reed IIRC. It was said
they played him all over the back field. I watched some highlights and
I thought Derek Hall looked real quick to my untrained eye. I didn't really see or hear anything else . Not saying there isn't any other information though.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Heard that JSN was impressing. Witherspoon was working hard but still being limited by his hamstring. Coaches like the two new iOL especially the dimensions of Bradford and the smarts of Olu. Pete praised Reed (fast and gets it). Team is happy with Young coming in at weight and in shape. Haven't heard much about Hall or Charbonet.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We're in fluff season so there won't be anything but good reviews from the staff. However, from everything they have said they are very impressed with all the new guys. I think if nothing else they did a great job of creating a higher standard for our depth across the board.
They have fingered Chardonnet and JSN in particular as maybe being most pro ready of them all.
I especially have high hopes for Hall blasting off with a vengeance.

sutz

Reaction score
On a more serious note - than I posted with above, anyway - maybe the most important thing that comes out in these mini-camps and pads off practices is what the players' attitudes and work ethics are. Like Appy said above, this is "fluff season" so we won't hear a lot of bad reports, but from what we've heard, it sounds like we picked up some guys who are ready and excited to get to work learning the system and fitting into the team personality and all. So far, so good.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Don't recall where but I read that Charbonnet has "NFL feet" catching the ball out of the backfield. Not exactly sure what that means... perhaps his body control catching passes out of the backfield is of NFL quality... just a guess.

Also read that all of our draft picks are already displaying very strong work ethic and commitment to learning from their position coaches.

pmedic920

Reaction score
They main thing I've heard is that these rooks come to work. No nonsense, pretense...Just work, work, work. Love it!
“Intangibles”

When you can draft guys with high level talent and combine that with all the good intangibles you’ve done a great job.

“Work ethic” falls under “intangibles” IMHO, and I’m freaking stoked.

I’m predicting (not so boldly) that we surprise many a pundit this season.
Probably will surprise a bunch of opposing fans and fantasy players as well.

Marker my words.

GoHawks

vonstout

Reaction score
I saw a podcast that said us drafting McIntosh in the 7th round proved how it doesn’t make sense to draft RBs in the first round. They also loved Morris in the fifth round and said he was the strongest DE in the draft and thought that he will be a stud. Those are the pics that can make for great draft classes and it sounds like there’s a good chance most of the class have a good chance to make the final roster. Hard to say this early

BASF

Reaction score
I saw a podcast that said us drafting McIntosh in the 7th round proved how it doesn’t make sense to draft RBs in the first round. They also loved Morris in the fifth round and said he was the strongest DE in the draft and thought that he will be a stud. Those are the pics that can make for great draft classes and it sounds like there’s a good chance most of the class have a good chance to make the final roster. Hard to say this early
Getting a McIntosh level player in the seventh is not something that happens often. He dropped severely because of his combine/pro day, because he tried to drop weight to test better and it didn't work. It happens rarely. Perhaps he tried to drop weight incorrectly. Same thing happened to Mike Morris.

Also, we have to take this stuff with a grain of salt since McIntosh has not even played a down in an NFL game yet. I am extremely happy with the pick. I am very excited to see what McIntosh can do in the NFL, especially him returning kicks, which I think he will excel at, but he has to prove it on the field.