Did we really just throw the ball to Graham 1 time tonight?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seabowl":2o6eme2w said:
kthebestwayw":2o6eme2w said:
Pay Kam and fire Bevell.

Jesus Christ what is the organization doing.

Fire Kam and Bevell.

I dont love Bevell, but whats he supposed to do, force Russ to throw him the ball?

He only had two targets. Not sure that is Bevell's fault.

seahawksny

Reaction score
FanSince82":2xq6nq65 said:
Made zero sense to give up a Pro Bowl o lineman and 1st round draft pick for this.

A TE we don't want to throw at. Inexplicable. :?

It was a bad trade to start with. We have a bruising back and and a running qb. I said this when trade was made. Why trade the one responsible for opening holes

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3c2nlt9y said:
seabowl":3c2nlt9y said:
kthebestwayw":3c2nlt9y said:
Pay Kam and fire Bevell.

Fire Kam and Bevell.

I dont love Bevell, but whats he supposed to do, force Russ to throw him the ball?

Yes. You can call plays like quick tosses at the LOS to him. See if he can take on the DB for yards.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He's out there on routes. I guarantee you he is not blocking much more than he was in New Orleans on passing downs. There is nothing different happening here from a play call perspective.

He's either double covered or QB needs to get the ball out faster and earlier.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seahawksny":3aelwbkv said:
FanSince82":3aelwbkv said:
Made zero sense to give up a Pro Bowl o lineman and 1st round draft pick for this.

It was a bad trade to start with. We have a bruising back and and a running qb. I said this when trade was made. Why trade the one responsible for opening holes

Our line was crap with Unger too.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm really upset by this. Pete and Bevell said we weren't going to change our offense with the addition of Graham and by golly they were right.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1iicvu7f said:
Hawkpower":1iicvu7f said:
seabowl":1iicvu7f said:
kthebestwayw":1iicvu7f said:
Pay Kam and fire Bevell.

Fire Kam and Bevell.

Yes. You can call plays like quick tosses at the LOS to him. See if he can take on the DB for yards.
Yes, a creative OC would find a way to get this guy the ball 5-7 times per game before any double teams could take effect.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
[

He only had two targets. Not sure that is Bevell's fault.[/quote]

Yes. You can call plays like quick tosses at the LOS to him. See if he can take on the DB for yards.[/quote]
Yes, a creative OC would find a way to get this guy the ball 5-7 times per game before any double teams could take effect.[/quote]

Personally, I don't want Graham catching the ball in the flat or at the line of scrimmage. Thats not where he is the most effective.

We need him down the seam. Russ needs to throw him the ball.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bobblehead":30yp555r said:
King Dog":30yp555r said:
HawkEye":30yp555r said:
Would you throw a pass to a double covered dude?
The Pats have no problem getting it to Gronk every game.

double team or triple teamed.
Well, If he was, a buncha somebodies were not double and triple covered.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1fwdflzj said:
It doesn't matter how many times you call Graham's number if RW is afraid to throw the ball.
You had 2 choices. Either Bevell sucks or Wilson sucks.

You went with Wilson. Interesting. Not saying you are wrong, just...interesting.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3a7kgf1q said:
LymonHawk":3a7kgf1q said:
It doesn't matter how many times you call Graham's number if RW is afraid to throw the ball.
You had 2 choices. Either Bevell sucks or Wilson sucks.

You went with Wilson. Interesting. Not saying you are wrong, just...interesting.

Is Graham out on pass routes? I guess that will tell the answer...

Tokadub

Reaction score
Graham did not even appear ready for the ball on 2 of his 3 targets (one was not recorded in the stats as it was a free play with a penalty I believe?).

It's one thing to only throw at Graham 3 times even though that's still pretty crazy... But if there was only 1 throw all game that Graham was ready for and 2 that seemed to surprise him like he had no idea what was going on with our offense (he made no attempt to actually catch the ball as he continued to run with his back to the ball) ... well then we have SERIOUS offensive issues.

Bevell needs to be fired please, thanks.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
Tokadub":3gy9p4n7 said:
Graham did not even appear ready for the ball on 2 of his 3 targets (one was not recorded in the stats as it was a free play with a penalty I believe?).

It's one thing to only throw at Graham 3 times even though that's still pretty crazy... But if there was only 1 throw all game that Graham was ready for and 2 that seemed to surprise him like he had no idea what was going on with our offense (he made no attempt to actually catch the ball as he continued to run with his back to the ball) ... well then we have SERIOUS offensive issues.

Bevell needs to be fired please, thanks.
Graham is a proven commodity as a WR. If we ruin him, or choose not to use him, that is on us.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the most perplexing element of the game tonight in my opinion. How do you not target a 6 foot 7 inch STUD tight end who is a prolific TD machine for much of the game? Ah Bevell. You do like keeping us 12's up at night don't you?

BestInTheWest

Reaction score
seahawksny":roygqsh5 said:
FanSince82":roygqsh5 said:

This. If we wanted to get the most out of a TE we should have went with a prototypical TE(Wilson). One to where we could use him to block and catch the mid to short passes. Now if we wanted to go more vertical I like JG, but thus far we have yet to show it. It makes no sense.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think part of the answer was given during the game: he's used to running routes that don't need to be changed much during the play. Run your route, look for the pass, boom--reception.

The Hawks are more of a street ball team. They thrive on the scramble drill. Receivers have to constantly adjust because Russell may be on the move.

He hasn't adjusted yet.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hopefully some one at the post game will ask Pete why Jimmy hasn't been in the game plan yet?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Bevell thinks he's got a TE on his hands and we're using him like we'd use any. Get him running Kearse's routes, get him running Willson's routes. Seems like half the time he's out there we're trying to use him as a possession guy on short routes. He's always been so much more than that.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
He made a great decoy. At this point, if I'm an opposing defense I leave him uncovered and focus their attention on Kearse and Willson. It's not like we're ever going to throw Jimmy the ball.